tony in ca.

Started My 806 L.P. restoration

Sure am glad to see all progress on the 806. Couple of questions.....

First, what kind of front tires have you decided on? Or have you got that far yet?

Second, when it's all said and done, are you going to put the wheels back on 40" in. centers or will you have to narrow it down to fit your trailer?

Sure am glad to see all progress on the 806. Couple of questions.....

First, what kind of front tires have you decided on? Or have you got that far yet?

Second, when it's all said and done, are you going to put the wheels back on 40" in. centers or will you have to narrow it down to fit your trailer?

Hey Twostepin2001 ,Good to hear from you ! Hope you're getting stronger!

Fronts will be 11L-15's & it will be on 38" centers.

Tony

Spent most of shop day installing Hydraulic Clutch assist on the 1456. today 3/10/16

Surprising it went very well and works very well . Makes a big difference on the left leg Guys!

This assist came off a 1066 .

Be aware if installing behind K & M steps you need to make a flex dump hose, to fit behind step mounts.

As for 806 still tear down mode cleaning & ordering parts waiting on parts & trying to find certain L.P. parts.

Blasting parts & Starting to paint.

post-8888-0-57325400-1457734744_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-76249900-1457734765_thumb.jp

Good shop day today 3/16/16.

Pulled the PTO housing off 806 worked on bushing torque tube, worked on brakes, replaced axles seals , washed inside of rear housing.

Took a load of parts to blaster, tumbling bolts. Propane tank is recertified with all new Valves & pressure relief . Ready for painter.

Speaking of painter David ! He was out today doing final touch up on 300 U.

I'll get pictures of 806 progress later but here's a picture of David doing his magic. He has the patience of JOEB!

Tony

post-8888-0-20558100-1458193528_thumb.jp

A little 806 progress.

2nd pic , 806 colonoscopy. No abnormalities found.

Doing brakes , Seals & axle seals.

Tony

post-8888-0-48726200-1458307360_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-95777200-1458307385_thumb.jp

A little 806 progress.

Tony

You getting the exam work done at airport schreening ?? Lol

A little 806 progress.

Tony

You getting the exam work done at airport schreening ?? Lol

You got it!

L.P. tank has been blasted, primed , New valves installed & Certified tested at my propane company. Ready for painter.
PTO ready for exam.

BTW 62 gallon tank
Tony

post-8888-0-94384000-1458355765_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-63695000-1458355994_thumb.jp

Man tony, you got nerves of steel. If I was to get all those parts that close to fresh painted tractors, it would not be pretty!!! Especially hanging from a chain.

Jerry

Man tony, you got nerves of steel. If I was to get all those parts that close to fresh painted tractors, it would not be pretty!!! Especially hanging from a chain.

Jerry

Yep , Jerry! I've run out of room in the play pen.

That's why when 806 is done , NO MORE TRACTORS, I have five restored in another shed & six tractors ,three plows in this shop. The safer thing about it is that Bob or I are they only ones that work in this shop. lol. Otherwise its locked.

Was going to build another shed this year but Almond prices took a nose dive, So we'll be patient and make do. lol.

Tony

L.P. tank has been blasted, primed , New valves installed & Certified tested at my propane company. Ready for painter.

PTO ready for exam.

BTW 62 gallon tank

Tony

Great job! I had an 806 LP sold it and a 1456 on my farm sale back in the late 90's wish I had kept them both.

I see the large vapor bleeder has been plugged on your tank, it will take a long time to fill that tank using the small bleeder.

Is that a new guage on the tank if so where did you get it? I need a new one for my 560.

Tony in Ks

Tony in KS,

Thank you!

The tank was taken to my Large propane supplier Company which has a small country office nearby with a very knowledgeable propane mechanic there . He has recertified four old tractor tanks for me.

He says no one uses the bleeder valve anymore and recommends removing them.

As for the gauge on this one I lucked out he serviced it said it was still tight replaced the gasket & screws.

However , on my SMTA tank we needed new gauge ( Which was same style as this on ) He ordered one with same face and redid the float to match my tank and calibrated it.

As for filling I fill from a 250 gallon nurse tank mounted on an old trailer and its not bad. of course I'm not filling twice a day for plowing either.

propane Company name is Amerigas Propane Co. Don't know if they are just regional.

Tony

Tony in KS,Thank you!The tank was taken to my Large propane supplier Company which has a small country office nearby with a very knowledgeable propane mechanic there . He has recertified four old tractor tanks for me.He says no one uses the bleeder valve anymore and recommends removing them.As for the gauge on this one I lucked out he serviced it said it was still tight replaced the gasket & screws.However , on my SMTA tank we needed new gauge ( Which was same style as this on ) He ordered one with same face and redid the float to match my tank and calibrated it.As for filling I fill from a 250 gallon nurse tank mounted on an old trailer and its not bad. of course I'm not filling twice a day for plowing either.propane Company name is Amerigas Propane Co. Don't know if they are just regional.Tony

Amerigas is in northern Indiana. Not very reputable in our area. They undercut the other companies and once they get a tank in your yard, it is like pulling teeth to get them to make a delivery. Many home owners switched because they ran out and couldn't get them to come out unless it was regular business hours. Not a good practice when you live in a cold winter climate!

Jerry

Tony in KS,Thank you!The tank was taken to my Large propane supplier Company which has a small country office nearby with a very knowledgeable propane mechanic there . He has recertified four old tractor tanks for me.He says no one uses the bleeder valve anymore and recommends removing them.As for the gauge on this one I lucked out he serviced it said it was still tight replaced the gasket & screws.However , on my SMTA tank we needed new gauge ( Which was same style as this on ) He ordered one with same face and redid the float to match my tank and calibrated it.As for filling I fill from a 250 gallon nurse tank mounted on an old trailer and its not bad. of course I'm not filling twice a day for plowing either.propane Company name is Amerigas Propane Co. Don't know if they are just regional.Tony

Amerigas is in northern Indiana. Not very reputable in our area. They undercut the other companies and once they get a tank in your yard, it is like pulling teeth to get them to make a delivery. Many home owners switched because they ran out and couldn't get them to come out unless it was regular business hours. Not a good practice when you live in a cold winter climate!

Jerry

I've had some of that experience with them ! I have three tanks between ranch & home . I have them service one tank to maintain access to the mechanic they have at one of their small yards, which is the one that services my tank.

Tony

At RPRU Sedalia last year I came across a old #200 fast hitch blade a Vendor had for sale . Was old faded yellow and just like the one I had used for years with the 300U to knock in irrigation ditches at end of cotton fields so we could get through with cultivators & spray Rigs.

This blade had basically no wear to it and frame was straight .

He made me a deal that I could not refuse.

It arrived on a pallet last July.

Took it apart to paint found the pivot bushings & bearing bad, I think damaged in transit from folding it in to much to fit on skinny pallet, so machined a new bearing and bushings on shaft & remade the pedestal .

Powder coated it I.H. yellow & the cutting blade, powder coat black.

Had to have the decals made. Will apply them here shortly.

Pictures of it just finished and first hook up to the 300U today.

Tony

post-8888-0-99328500-1459398976_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-54736200-1459399004_thumb.jp

It came with a hydraulic cylinder for blade position but ours was manual adjustment.

So I'll save cylinder for if I really have to put it back to work. lol

Tony

post-8888-0-73382700-1459399379_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-23202100-1459399401_thumb.jp

That looks awesome Tony! I have an identical blade at home minus the powder coat and shine. Thanks for the motivation.

It came with a hydraulic cylinder for blade position but ours was manual adjustment.

Tony

So what you are saying Tony is that it will not be seeing gravel anytime soon

Tony

So what you are saying Tony is that it will not be seeing gravel anytime soon

Both are ready for work ,I may not be able to help myself!

I used this combo from late 50's till 1976 when I traded for a new 2640 J.D. ( 1st year they made the 2640)

Tony

Very nice. Little distraction from the 806? Thats the tractor that was at the show correct?

Very nice. Little distraction from the 806? Thats the tractor that was at the show correct?

Yes ,300U was at Ag Expo ,was not totally complete at time ,but now finally I believe it's DONE, paint touched up ,odds & ends done.

I have put three hours on it so far . So far so good.

Yes, distraction is needed as we wait for parts & machine shop, blaster & painter.

Tony

3/31/16

Attention back on 806.

We worked on rockshaft & top deck resealing ,cleaning , replacing bushings ,etc.

Cleaning bolts , sorting items for blaster,

Machine shop working on rockers & shaft. Engine may be done in 10 days.

Found a template for L.P. exhaust extension . Will need to make new one.

Few pic's

Tony

post-8888-0-01751300-1459486991_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-34966600-1459487012_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-37763400-1459487040_thumb.jp

Actually bushing for shaft showed very little wear. Just replaced seals.

The bottom pipe configuration was what was being used. Everything loose ,had a happy muffler bobbing every which way.

Found a old template, will have muffler shop bend a new extension . Waiting on new muffler to match mounting size as pipe is smaller with extended area for muffler mounting but my template has that piece cut off.

Tony

post-8888-0-62531900-1459487109_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-31748900-1459487126_thumb.jp

Out here in 50's 60's 70's most everything ran front mount cultivators at one time or another.

All our tractors of the time sported front mount cultivator brackets.

So I decided to mount top cultivator brackets on the 1456.

I'll show pic of before and after, open to your opinions.

I have them on my 560 & I'll have both top & bottoms on the 806.

Tony

post-8888-0-00446100-1459488601_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-98000300-1459488620_thumb.jp

Just my personal opinion but I like the cultivator mounts left on, adds more detail. Question about the 806.....have you found the exhaust shields you need yet? If not I'll try and see what I can find around here. I know where there is a parted out 806LP but not sure if it has the shields, just have to check it out.