tony in ca.

Started My 806 L.P. restoration

Stripped down the Cat II Q.H. and took frame to blast & prime .

Have to make some pins , Took them to machine shop to duplicate .

Tony

IMG_5430.JPG

IMG_5431.JPG

IMG_5402.JPG

IMG_5403.JPG

Just bought two Cat #3 Quick hitches .

Going to restore one for show on the 1206 and going to leave the other original and make it operational to use on plow days.

This will make five quick hitches ,  two currently on 1468 & 1456 one cat #2 being restored for the 806 and one Cat #3 to be restored for 1206 and one worker for plow days.

Tony

Good deal Tony. Which one of the girls is going to plow?

7 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Good deal Tony. Which one of the girls is going to plow?

Good Question , Sledgehammer,  Danny" Dirtboyz," says Goldie should be working besides being treated like a queen. He worked the heck out of it at Santa Margarita ,  Last May, with 5 shank ripper.  Says." He knows that tractor inside and out and it needs to be worked.:("

So , Goldie draws the ticket for plow days. Plus, I love driving that thing !:wub: Its all brawn. BTW , its getting a set of 12 front weights. The hold up is I bought a pallet of 100 lbs small hole weights. Get them painted and start putting them on and ONE is the big hole 100 lbs ,Sticks out like sore thumb so now need to find one 383-393-R1 paint to match. Darn It , How the heck did I miss that.

The 1468 would be nice, Its operates like new mechanically . However,DV 550 engine parts are hard to come by, and above my pay grade ,so, Ill not push the envelope on it. ;)

The 1206 is so perfect that I'm afraid of climbing on it . Its my eye candy .  Someday, I may have to put a plow behind it for curiosity sake.:)

The 806 could use a work out also, but I am going to give it a year.

Tony

Tony,

All I can say is 'wow', your equipment is beautiful and sounds great!  I was wondering though, about some of your other projects, do you ever worry about getting rings seated on the ones you don't work as much?  Your last post just made me curious. 

Thanks for sharing your journey with us!!!