tony in ca.

Started My 806 L.P. restoration

598 posts in this topic

That's purdy Tony :wub:

I like the battery decal , haven't Sean those around here.  Can you show a close up of how you painted the IH on the front weights please?

On 1/25/2017 at 11:21 PM, tony in ca. said:

Hi Guys,

Tractor Therapy Wed. 1/25/17.

Things looking up .  I had all the powder coated stuff basted and primed took them to David for painting  . He has fallen behind due to several weeks of rainy weather.

The replacement head is in route from Indiana.  We had several items to catch up on 806 and we did that today. Cables from Brillman arrived and we were able to complete the master switch.

Picked up outside weights for 806 from pin striper . Pic included.

We had a bad hydraulic leak on the 300 U that we think we cured today.  Hoping next week we replace a leaking o ring on the Dyno to have it ready for 806 when she is ready to go.

Tony

IMG_3741.JPG

IMG_3742.JPG

IMG_3743.JPG

Lorenzo, here's some close ups of the weights

Thank you , FarmallFan

for helping me out again .

Lorenzo, the IH was done by a pin stripper not my painter.

the battery decal is my creation based on my  recollection of yesteryear .

had fast signs make then for me.

tony

Holy cow man,  Somebody spent a lot of time on those weights.  I have never Sean a casting so smooth.

54 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Holy cow man,  Somebody spent a lot of time on those weights.  I have never Sean a casting so smooth.

We only did that to the two outside weights . The others got the treatment on top and front.

Tony

IMG_3971.JPG

that's an amazing tractor , best I have ever seen !

26 minutes ago, tommyw-5088 said:

I agree, Tony has the nicest stuff and I appreciate him documenting the process. It helps the rest of us do a better job on our projects. 

1 hour ago, 65806 said:

I agree, Tony has the nicest stuff and I appreciate him documenting the process. It helps the rest of us do a better job on our projects. 

Get your butts out for the Show next Feb and see them for real......  Pics dont begin to show the detail they really have.

I would like to go see some of those big shows. Colorado doesn't have much. 

18 hours ago, tommyw-5088 said:

Thank You Guys, Your to kind.

I love these old girls and I am so fortunate to have Bob, David,  The Sal's  and" the Shops;" Caps Coatings , Moreno's Buffing & chrome ,  Portable precision Machine & more.

And all the input & expertize on this forum.

Tony

13 hours ago, 65806 said:

I would like to go see some of those big shows. Colorado doesn't have much. 

Think about coming out last weekend of April for our CAFES show its the Cali. Antique Farm Equipment Show 4/28-29-30/17 .

Same grounds as the Ag Expo held in Feb. @ Tulare Agricenter.

I am Vice -Chair this year  Mel Montero is Chairman and If all goes to plan I'll be Chairman Next year. 

Love to have some of our RPF members,

Tony

Thanks for the invite!

Would love to come out there but I'm taking care of a family member with health issues that keeps me from doing anything more than a day trip right now.  Hopfully in the future I can get out that way but for now I just enjoy the pictures. 

Making plans now for the Ag Expo next year.  Got a couple guys lined up to make the journey.  Fly out, spend a week and then back to reality.  No wives this trip.  Just boys week out.

jerry

4 hours ago, SMOKER 1 said:

Making plans now for the Ag Expo next year.  Got a couple guys lined up to make the journey.  Fly out, spend a week and then back to reality.  No wives this trip.  Just boys week out.

jerry

We will miss Smoker2 ,

However , look forward to doing what I can to enhance your visit.

Tony

1 hour ago, tony in ca. said:

We will miss Smoker2 ,

However , look forward to doing what I can to enhance your visit.

Tony

well..............I always say only every 5 years is enough but if Jerry and buddies will be there.......I may have to do a every other year trip!

38 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

well..............I always say only every 5 years is enough but if Jerry and buddies will be there.......I may have to do a every other year trip!

Yes,  Need Your help!

I think a Dutch Dairyman from another liberal state and a Tough Alaska welder from the frozen tundra and a Portuguese Dirt farmer from the land of Fruits & Nuts will give these Mid-west Gentlemen a run for their Money !

They may question their sanity when they leave.:lol:   Perhaps we should make sure they have enough Central Coast  Red Wine available to keep their nerves calm:o

As they use to tell me in flight school ; Keep the dirty side down and the pointy side forward and all will be well !

Tony

Tractor Therapy Wed. 3/22/17.

Great Day ! Got rain today & orchards all have their Third application of Fungicide on so we should be protected . Sprays are a prophylactic application for disease's. 

WE finished all tin work with emblems attached, Hood is ready for install tapped and installed the metal hold strips . 

WE measured and drew plans for welder, for Buggy  umbrella  brackets  & we mounted umbrella for measurements , We drew plans for clutch peddle stop on hydraulic clutch peddle.  WE gave plans to welder for repairs on I,H, Quick hitch  repairs Most parts are NLA so we are making them. I took one quick hitch to painter and another to Machine shop to rebush holes & make Cat 3 hitch pins & also mechanism pins.

Best news of all We picked up Head from Machine shop , They said this one is Cherry, and took to David for paint.

BTW. After I asked the new local dealer to pull his head out of his **s he said I have a 30 gallon drum of I.H. #1-30 coming from East Coast .  Thanks Ken Updike and others on this forum!

I think we are on a roll now !  Few pic's.     We also visited the Binder today so few new pic's on that thread  also.

Tony

IMG_4059.JPG

IMG_4060.JPG

IMG_4061.JPG

I know you must be excited, but I check your 2 project posts every day hoping for an update... I think some of us here are just as excited as you...😀

1 minute ago, ThePunisher said:

I know you must be excited, but I check your 2 project posts every day hoping for an update... I think some of us here are just as excited as you...😀

Dang right.  

4 hours ago, AKwelder said:

Dang right.  

Guys ,

You don't know the restraint it takes to go with the flow . 

WE pulled the bad head back in Jan. and here we are in latter March getting replacement repainted.

But BTDT is par for the course on restorations. 

We are dealing with old parts , Salvage yards  , and anything can be wrong , just takes time and patients. and ordering parts from dealers most times requires going to vintage  parts Depoe and that takes much longer for answers.

Its fun ,exciting, but also causes much anxiety.

Tony

Now i have to go to Tulare next year....  I seen both in piles, need to see all done!

13 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Now i have to go to Tulare next year....  I seen both in piles, need to see all done!

Kinda what I am thinking.  

Tony I just got up to date on the 806. That bad head must of been a real downer!!!! And to find out a start up ugh!! Sounds like the project is moving good now.

I could shave by using one of those weights for a mirror! WOW!!!!  

Fellas !

WE FINALLY HAVE A HEAD THAT THE MACHINE SHOP SAYS IS CHERRY !

After four heads we have one ready to go on .  

David was sympathetic got right on it and got her painted .

Hopefully Bob and I can get her on and running on Therapy Wed.

Guys ,the part # is same as mine however casting # is J is that a 1964 casting ? Not sure if I am figuring right.

Tony

IMG_4062.JPG

IMG_4063.JPG