redstroke

1256 Cummins Conversion

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 6:11 AM, Ed Leaman said:

Glen, if you have an extra copy of that I would love to have a copy.

also just going on what some of our customers have told us is the 1896 Case setup puts the fan in the center of the 06 and 56 radiators. and you can buy it from your dealer or local used parts guy.

I will get the measurement tomorrow and some picture's of the tractor.

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 7:02 PM, 1989 plowboy said:

Cummins part number 3909890 is the one you need for 806 it's a four bolt hub and the original fan works perfect when run with a spacer 

Thank you for the part number!

My Cummins come out of a 92 pickup the stock fan is 15 1/2 inches away from crank.

You will use the 806 fan and a 3 - 31/2 inch long spacer I could be wrong on spacer length I used a 93 dodge cummins water ports off a paver fit perfect stock dodge ones will need to be replaced

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 1:35 PM, 1989 plowboy said:

You will use the 806 fan and a 3 - 31/2 inch long spacer I could be wrong on spacer length I used a 93 dodge cummins water ports off a paver fit perfect stock dodge ones will need to be replaced

ok thanks! I also got a fan hub #3909890 but it needs bearings. It has a #935-2 NSK on the shaft. I'm not having to much luck finding any thing.

You have to buy the whole unit together you might could try a bearing place and get them I've never took one apart 

On 3/22/2016 at 12:44 PM, redstroke said:

We worked it a bit this past weekend and mine did not come up to temp either. Has new thermostat with flex fan. Wondering if I may need to switch over to a clutch fan. Will wait and see what it does during hot summer first.

Yes kruegerdiesel tach drive is from cummins / case dealership. I was wrong on international factory tach it is already 2 to 1 so being that the cummins comes off motor at .5 to 1 it equals 1:1 ratio. So the gear up in between was not needed.

Buddy Eric hauled it for me up to farm. He also did a great job wiring for me. I did not have patience for making wiring look nice!

Did conversion in my garage over winter.

This weekend on farm we put on other new rear rim and tire and larger fronts so I don't cut in.

F03FDCE2-BFEF-4BCD-B969-EE1BE81FFFBF_zps

No its not on the fenders.

28F1BDE8-2E0F-40FC-8B53-3C779EC60C98_zps

24686F1A-F96E-4A0E-A64A-6F8DD61E018B_zps

On 6" Pump.

66C82871-F49B-444C-B3E1-053E0557B0F8_zps

10.00 - 16 vs 14L - 16.1

8BD6C2FD-0DE4-4E92-BF4F-E9BFFA0E7671_zps

Helper ready for bed.

FDAE0873-1E70-46EF-9B65-E6A8E6910C71_zps

I am ready to cut off axles. Any reason I shouldn't? I am gonna peal steel off my hog barn if I don't. How long should I cut them down to?

Was working on a tach drive kit to allow customers to use a factory tach and hopefully an off the shelf tach cable; can you confirm that you did not need a speed reducer in the application that you have built?  Is your pto to engine rpm accurate?  our calculations and testing so far has required us to but a reducer in place and we would like to reduce that cost out of the package if we can still stay accurate.

Thanks

ed

Ed

I have not confirmed pto speed to tach but used it on maure pump with good results.  It seems to be real close to what you would expect RPM wise.  When I had the 2 to 1 on it it was obviously way off.  

The tach drive is from cummins / case dealership. I was wrong on the aftermarket factory tach it is already 2 to 1 so being that the cummins comes off motor at .5 to 1 it equals 1:1 ratio. So the gear up in between was not needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swOugMr_6Js

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbln2uzx4fc

Thanks, we will put this one together and see what it reads like. We have one out there now running a .66 gear up  (i think up is the right way  to describe it) into a 1066 tractor dash with the early 66 series tach and it seems right on. Gonna try to figure out the difference between what you have found and what we are using here.

ed