redstroke

1256 Cummins Conversion

Very nice.

We worked it a bit this past weekend and mine did not come up to temp either. Has new thermostat with flex fan. Wondering if I may need to switch over to a clutch fan. Will wait and see what it does during hot summer first.

Yes kruegerdiesel tach drive is from cummins / case dealership. I was wrong on international factory tach it is already 2 to 1 so being that the cummins comes off motor at .5 to 1 it equals 1:1 ratio. So the gear up in between was not needed.

You will love the less fuel consumption mine has trouble staying warm to the hammer mill I'm use ing the putting a acc tap off alt to run an electric diesel tack not original but cost effective it looks great good job

Buddy Eric hauled it for me up to farm. He also did a great job wiring for me. I did not have patience for making wiring look nice!

Did conversion in my garage over winter.

This weekend on farm we put on other new rear rim and tire and larger fronts so I don't cut in.

F03FDCE2-BFEF-4BCD-B969-EE1BE81FFFBF_zps

No its not on the fenders.

28F1BDE8-2E0F-40FC-8B53-3C779EC60C98_zps

24686F1A-F96E-4A0E-A64A-6F8DD61E018B_zps

On 6" Pump.

66C82871-F49B-444C-B3E1-053E0557B0F8_zps

10.00 - 16 vs 14L - 16.1

8BD6C2FD-0DE4-4E92-BF4F-E9BFFA0E7671_zps

Helper ready for bed.

FDAE0873-1E70-46EF-9B65-E6A8E6910C71_zps

I am ready to cut off axles. Any reason I shouldn't? I am gonna peal steel off my hog barn if I don't. How long should I cut them down to?

Hey, I know it's a little late now, but did you ever look on siliconintakesdotcom? There are nice silicon hoses for a decent price. I've heard good things about them.

We always cut down to 8' so it can be hauled without a permit.

Short axles stink, I would like to cut certain things off the people who chop long axles, it's really bad with green guys. I don't want to run clamp on duals from the ghetto, I want to use 10 bolt hubs on the axle without hub extensions. Leave them IMO.

Looking good!!! Been fun following Your conversion!! Makes a Guy want to find a project tractor.

Neat work on the conversion! Been fun following along to see how it turned out.

As far as your axles, I'm with TP...

Short axles stink, I would like to cut certain things off the people who chop long axles, it's really bad with green guys. I don't want to run clamp on duals from the ghetto, I want to use 10 bolt hubs on the axle without hub extensions. Leave them IMO.

Sure wish all our tractors had long axles. We are on 36" rows and most of our green tractors don't have long enough axles to use hub duals. If it were me, I would leave them, but that's just me. My 1586 has long axles and I still would need extensions to straddle rows.

id cut them to standard axle length so you can still put duals on if you want. those extra long axles are good for nothing but running into things unless your growing vegetables. use a chop saw and it will look respectable, torched ones look like crap.

What is the standard length supposed to be? I agree with leaving enough for duals. This tractor will not be set up for row crop spacing.

This is the parts for tach. There was one extra o ring don't know which one. Ih cable hooks up to it and my tach worked at correct ratio.

5C6D0D31-2A06-400D-96C5-90F698F72481_zps

First of all ,AWESOME.Man after my own heart.Tires are cool.Does everything come to do that tach in the list or did ya have to make some stuff??Not right by my tractor ,right now .To look at front cover.Did ya cut a hole?

Any of you guys that have done these on red tractors find a way to run the tach? I did a Moline and was planning to run the tack off the alternator. I have not found a good tack to use yet. wondering where to find a electric tack with a reasonable rpm range. mm used a tack probably close in size.

luke

When we put the truck DT360 in the 756, there was no way to get the right combination of parts to drive the tach.

Eventually I bought a Delco 10DN alternator with the tachometer drive, but it caused the tachometer to read 2X speed. When the engine was running 1500, the needle was "off the charts."

I ended up buying a 2:1 gear reduction for the tachometer drive to make it read accurate.

Hey, I know it's a little late now, but did you ever look on siliconintakesdotcom? There are nice silicon hoses for a decent price. I've heard good things about them.

Yes I have used their stuff, have some silicone on air intake and CAC line. There stuff is good and cost effective.

And where did you get that red dog beer sign?!

Not sure where that came from. Dad got it.

First of all ,AWESOME.Man after my own heart.Tires are cool.Does everything come to do that tach in the list or did ya have to make some stuff??Not right by my tractor ,right now .To look at front cover.Did ya cut a hole?

Front tires are bigger than I thought and now it makes me want 20.8 - 38 rears so it sits level. but oh well happy with it so far.

This should answer your question on tach: Goes in oil fill hole and runs off pump nut. So far only think will work on rotary pump becasue p pump has a bigger nut.

9BC05BD2-D4E2-4D39-BA91-C3C0B24A8DCC_zps

Red stroke I called pump shop and the bottom solenoid only needs twelve volts when it's cold it is a time ing advance feature and its not needed but if you hooked it up through the a I t sensor right on your better than me and for what you paid for the tac parts that's a good deal I may swap mine later to that the electric tac I have had for years and just figured I would use it but for just a hundred more dollars over New I would go with your set-up again looks great and I like the p y r o and boost gauge built in to your gauge cluster ThAnks for the pictures and part numbers

Gotcha now,I will look into it.thanks man.

Drives me nuts when I see axles cut...

Well I can't get backed into pump outs close enough to barn without cutting these axles down. Looks like mine are 31" long and the shorter factory axles are around 22" which make the tractor 8' wide. I will make sure to use band saw so everyone is happy. And I still have enough axle to run hubs for duals.

B7F22098-A4FE-4C6F-A2D2-86F25282AAB2_zps

EC272063-D328-4ACF-BB59-7A20A3811A45_zps

Well she works good other than not coming up to temp have to look into that. Used 3/4 tank of fuel in 8 hrs. How does that compare to everyone else's fuel consumption?

And band saw wouldn't touch hardened axles so my brother said to do it this way.

I am putting a cummins in a 806 and I am having a hard time finding a fan hub that works. Witch one did you use or what is the part number?

What is the center to center measurement crankshaft to fan on original engine? I have a listing of all fan mounts from Cummins

8 hours ago, Wi806 said:

I am putting a cummins in a 806 and I am having a hard time finding a fan hub that works. Witch one did you use or what is the part number?

Go to page 1 of this thread.  There is a pic of 3 hubs, I used the bluebird bus application one that is the top one in pic.

2 hours ago, CIHTECH said:

What is the center to center measurement crankshaft to fan on original engine? I have a listing of all fan mounts from Cummins

Glen, if you have an extra copy of that I would love to have a copy.

also just going on what some of our customers have told us is the 1896 Case setup puts the fan in the center of the 06 and 56 radiators. and you can buy it from your dealer or local used parts guy.

Cummins part number 3909890 is the one you need for 806 it's a four bolt hub and the original fan works perfect when run with a spacer