Dia480

International T6 project

I am in search of Light brackets for my 1954 T6 International restoration project, any help would be appreciated

post-113851-0-62956000-1440799954_thumb.post-113851-0-42663800-1440799967_thumb.post-113851-0-58241300-1440799973_thumb.post-113851-0-80685200-1440799981_thumb.post-113851-0-82744700-1440799990_thumb.post-113851-0-57122400-1440799996_thumb.post-113851-0-91912300-1440800003_thumb.post-113851-0-52973500-1440800011_thumb.post-113851-0-79279000-1440800018_thumb.

OK SO I FINALLY FIGURED HOW TO POST PICTURES.................

I AM IN SEARCH OF LIGHTS AND BRACKETS FOR THIS PROJECT

ALSO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS IDEAS ON NEW EMBLEM FOR FRONT

THANKS MIKE D

Mike, That looks like a nice machine to start with. The lights are a bit hard to find, but try Ebay and wrecking yards. They can be red or yellow. Try to find them with the glass lenses as they are hard to locate also. There is a wire guard that goes over the front to protect from brush damage. They can be mounted on top of radiator (dozer fashion) or on the side of radiator (ag. fashion)

The original bulbs (Mazda)are a bit hard to find and a bit expensive.

The front emblem is being remade by some members. Don't recall the name. Jim.

Mike, That looks like a nice machine to start with. The lights are a bit hard to find, but try Ebay and wrecking yards. They can be red or yellow. Try to find them with the glass lenses as they are hard to locate also. There is a wire guard that goes over the front to protect from brush damage. They can be mounted on top of radiator (dozer fashion) or on the side of radiator (ag. fashion)

The front emblem is being remade by some members. Don't recall the name. Jim.

Probably " that emblem guy "

Where are you emblem guy!!!!! ?????

As I said on the other forum, I have at least one headlight, if you're interested. (with bracket)

It doesn't have the bulb in it but it's otherwise complete and quite nice.

PM me if you so desire

I looked a long time for my T-6 front emblem and it cost me plenty... <_<

FT

Thats a nice straight clean machine! Will be watching as you work on it. I need a light also as one of mine has seen better days:(

So there is no blade, what was it used for? Just pulling?

Regards,

Chris

Back when this was made the primary purpose of a crawler was towing farm implements. Mostly in areas that for various reasons didn't work well with wheeled equip. The whole blade or bucket thing came into being well after the crawler. Pretty rare to find a dedicated ag crawler made these days, wheeled equip had come a long way, then again look at the new rubber tracked cat and case machines. Not quite a crawler but made to fit the same niche.

P.S. All you guys out west SUCK :P Whats with all the nice straight rust free machines out there?

Hey Scooter, Now be nice. We just don't get as much rain... or any rain. Jim.

I just purchased 7 descent IH crawler lights with grills on them, I will go through them and figure out which ones I want to keep and put the rest up for sale. I may though put 4 lights on front of crawler for a real mean look. I will post to see what you all think as soon as I can

Cool, High and low beams. Check your amp guage when you have all 4 on. Jim.

@Crawlernut did not think of that plus I may put 2 more on the back.........

Mike, At least one lite to rear is helpful with night work to make sure the implement is still following you. Jim.

I am still looking for a grill emblem

That is cool! Early version of the light bar.

That would be scary coming out of the woods in the dark.

working on the hood and added the goose neck to my pre cleanerpost-113851-0-57794800-1447957882_thumb.

Thats a nice straight clean machine! Will be watching as you work on it. I need a light also as one of mine has seen better days:(

Regards,

Chris

Chris: Crawlers were originally just for AG use. Eventually someone figured out that they would be great for earth moving work too. That's why many early Cats and IH crawlers had after market attachments like a blade, scarper or loader. Both IH and Cat didn't dump money into developing/buying out blades and such until they were sure of the market.

Rick

If the same as what I am used too... they are APF (American Pre Focus Bulbs)

Easier to find when you know what you are looking for.

A quick google shows they are not impossible to source, both in 6V and 12V

XT500_headlamp_bulb_m.jpg

http://www.rexs-speedshop.com/epages/es143131.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es143131/Products/%22APF12-45/45%22

Thanks for the bulb info may need this at some point.

Regards,

Chris

Ok ran into another problem my oil pan was very very damaged and I tried to repair but of course I've cracked it in now I replaced it with a Farmall m oil pan they look and fit the exact except for one or two small items if you notice there is some kind of extra metal peace up on the shallow part of the oil pan I'm not sure what this is for I also notice the difference between t6 and the Farmall M there's no tube from oil pump.

I have a question on track removal

looking at pictures is this the link pin? there is nothing else that has wire or something that looks like service manual describes

12814210_1391294414230873_890708197539921916479_1391294244230890_845775050362820