Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gonzo 1066

50" Deck for a 782

The mower deck on my 782 finally gave up the ghost.. Rusted to bits, I need to find a replacement or build a new one. Any ideas where to start looking? Is there any repair parts (deck shell) around for this old machine?

There is a guy in pa, brain farting at the moment as to whether his ne@ame is ..... Oh I might think of ur?????

Agreed. Apparently those decks are fairly common. Maybe not the 50 but I think so. Maybe where you live a really good one isn't. (Rust?)

I think brother has a couple in the back yard. There is a 2072 (a yellow 982) and 782 in the shed so of course there are many odd things back there. Most of it was found on craigslist.

But they are out there.

I thought CC still offered the deck shells but apparently not. Around here the 50C is a bit tough to get. They seem to bring good money on ebay. I'd watch craigslist, you may have to buy another tractor to get one but could always resell the machine. For some reason it seems most 6/782s have 44s on them.

I have a 44" yellow deck that came off a 682 I will sell you, been used a few seasons and then parked after the motor have in.

I saw where someone took a new deck shell and welded the brackets from the old deck to the new shell. I think it was on this forum, and hope someone else can help out here.

On mine I just cut around the rust and welded patches in.

I found a 50" deck locally that has only been used one summer. The previous owner bought a snow blower and installed it for winter use and decided it was too much work to switch between the mower and blower so he bought another new mower for the next year. I intend to use it to replace the rusted out 44" deck on my 129. The original 12 hp engine in the 129 has been replaced with a 14 hp.

I am going a different way. Bought a 1572 Cadet Diesel with a 60" deck and retire the 782 for a while.

The 60 inch deck is spendy $$$$$ to keep it going. Better be careful with it!!!!

The 60 inch deck is spendy $$$$$ to keep it going. Better be careful with it!!!!

Ha-Ha..... The 44 & 50 inch decks can be expensive to keep mowing too! I remember the afternoon I spent $170 to repair one spindle on my 50C deck at C&G. New water pump bearing, new top & bottom bearing housing, new woodruff key.

The 44A I had on my 129 I mowed with for 15 years. Only mower expense was a new mule drive belt & PTO clutch rebuild. No new blades or bearings.

I just got the 1572 home.... Starting it makes me smile A LOT..

Okay....so where are the pictures???? Did you not get the memo, them is the rules!!! You can't come on here taunting us that you have a smoker in your yard and NOT share pictures of it? Come on! Someone get this man the rule book to read!! :P

I will try some pix

post-429-0-98329700-1440083697_thumb.jpg

This is one of the most fun things I have so far. I am doing a complete service, fixing a few things that need it. The side panels have not been on the tractor for years so they are in excellent shape. I am not sure do you guys think that it needs a new seat? I never knew how much heavier the big decks were... Using the shop crane just to move it around. I have a fantasy of installing a turbo on it.. HHHHMMMMMM

post-429-0-41632100-1440083872_thumb.jpg

Yup, a Smart car Turbo in there will sound sweet!

Ha-Ha..... The 44 & 50 inch decks can be expensive to keep mowing too! I remember the afternoon I spent $170 to repair one spindle on my 50C deck at C&G. New water pump bearing, new top & bottom bearing housing, new woodruff key.

Denny,,,,,,they say you can't put a price on happiness!!! ;) In related news CCC has dropped offering both the 44 and 50 inch deck shells....... :angry:

Denny,,,,,,they say you can't put a price on happiness!!! ;) In related news CCC has dropped offering both the 44 and 50 inch deck shells....... :angry:

That kind of sucks, but those shells were really big money as I recall?

Cub cadet classics and cub cadet specialties are sources for oem and new cub parts. They are spendy but they have a lot of good stuff. Just for future reference.

IIRC....The deck shells were about $750 each.

I got a box in the mail today,,, Midwest connections are working very good..

post-429-0-82841300-1440818807_thumb.jpg

Adding a "combustion enhancer" are we???...... :rolleyes: