Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ohio farmer

Van Wert, Ohio plow day

No offense taken on the doughnut comment, Tony. Never met a doughnut I didn't like. :P Sent you a PM with my email address. Hope it came through OK.

Back in 2011 I brought "The Mighty C" down to Van Wert and had a ball. This is the first tractor that I ever drove as a kid. (other than the 10,000 sidewalk acres that I farmed with my pedal M) The Mighty C has two new rear rims and a fresh coat of paint now. It just might make the trip back to Van Wert this year. Man I love drivin' that little tractor!!!

2011%20VW%20plow%20day_zpszu8q96tu.jpg

I was in Detroit a couple days for the Rolling Stones concert.

man those guys packed a crowd of people into Tiger stadium, and they still sound great!

Anyway, more pictures...

a couple of locals that come to our event almost every year,

post-43251-0-33789900-1436543263_thumb.j

need more Red Power... here's one of 560s going both ways,

post-43251-0-79202600-1436543369_thumb.j

Remember Aug 15th, everyone's invited.

more later...

Are spectators welcome?

Yes, when I went in 2013 this was my ride for part of the day. (I'm the guy driving)

post-1926-0-31666500-1436551454_thumb.jp

Are spectators welcome?

Yes, when I went in 2013 this was my ride for part of the day. (I'm the guy driving)
wait a minute....

BJ.... is that a Deere?

What the....?

Say it isn't so BJ.

Are spectators welcome?

sometimes we have lots of people that just come to watch.

many friends of mine have told me that they love to come and watch the old tractors working.

post-43251-0-16998100-1436556075_thumb.j

we also have guys like MTO, that just come to sit in the field and let us plow around him

post-43251-0-49972000-1436556215_thumb.j

In my defense Mark, Ohio Farmer, I was assigned an important job from John, 2+2 Guy. It was his field and he suspected some plowers were "shallow" plowing to gain speed and pass others. [HP for one] My close inspections found his suspicions were true. John asked me to be inconspicuous.

No offense taken on the doughnut comment, Tony. Never met a doughnut I didn't like. :P Sent you a PM with my email address. Hope it came through OK.

Back in 2011 I brought "The Mighty C" down to Van Wert and had a ball. This is the first tractor that I ever drove as a kid. (other than the 10,000 sidewalk acres that I farmed with my pedal M) The Mighty C has two new rear rims and a fresh coat of paint now. It just might make the trip back to Van Wert this year. Man I love drivin' that little tractor!!!

I can't really see in the picture, but are you pulling a 1 or 2 bottom with your C? It is a regular C correct, not a super.

In my defense Mark, Ohio Farmer, I was assigned an important job from John, 2+2 Guy. It was his field and he suspected some plowers were "shallow" plowing to gain speed and pass others. [HP for one] My close inspections found his suspicions were true. John asked me to be inconspicuous.

Isn't that hard with your neon shirt on though?

I can't really see in the picture, but are you pulling a 1 or 2 bottom with your C? It is a regular C correct, not a super.

I'm fairly certain its a C-295 plow. So 2 bottoms.

Are spectators welcome?

wait a minute....

BJ.... is that a Deere?

What the....?

Say it isn't so BJ.

Would the guy who owns it, ever fess up to owning it?? ^_^:P:lol:

Has it even been discussed about having someone with a drone come out to the plow day & capture all the glory from the sky? I remember not to long ago, someone posted a video of him doing some planting & the perspective the drone gave from all aerial views was very neat to watch. The drone operator was even good enough to get pretty close to the action. Just a thought.

Redneckchevy9

That was actually a C-295A. I know have a C-295 on it that I like a little better. Both are 2-14" and it is a straight C but has Super C sleeves and pistons in it. My dad & uncle purchased it as a cultivating tractor and only plowed with it once when the H was down. They pulled a 2-12" Little Wonder plow with it when they did. I added the mounted plow 'cause I thought it would be fun to plow with. Wish we still had the cultivators.

Don't let MTO fool ya. You just can't see the role of toilet paper beside him. :lol::lol::lol:

BJ, ok, I admit it... it's mine. Not going to leave you hanging any longer. I remember that I asked you to keep an eye on it for me.

redneckchevy- I am going to check with a neighbor of mine, who has a drone, if he could do some pictures. Great idea! Thanks.

2+2 guy- I could not figure out why MTO spent most of the afternoon, "squatting" in your field where we were plowing.

I thought he was just sighting in the plows from a lower eyelevel. Now I know what was really happening.

BJ, ok, I admit it... it's mine. Not going to leave you hanging any longer. I remember that I asked you to keep an eye on it for me.

redneckchevy- I am going to check with a neighbor of mine, who has a drone, if he could do some pictures. Great idea! Thanks.

2+2 guy- I could not figure out why MTO spent most of the afternoon, "squatting" in your field where we were plowing.

I thought he was just sighting in the plows from a lower eyelevel. Now I know what was really happening.

Makes you wonder what he and Hot Plug had to eat on the trip to your house.

I remember Hot Plug spent all afternoon like this... attachicon.gif2+2 plow day 053.JPG

he's looking around to see if anyone is noticing that he isn't getting much work done.

Looks to me like he's gotta take a leak

Sure wish you were closer!

Tony

Tony, I hope you consider taking BJ and John up on the offer to come to Ohio some summer.

We would arrange a tractor and plow for you.

Maybe something like this...

attachicon.gifIMG_2577.JPG

I know how much you love the old roll over plows.

Great Idea, If only the tractor was a 560.lol.

Tony

Tony,

Maybe something more like this...

attachicon.gifIMG_2538.JPG

At least it's the right color, you just have to get used to plowing in circles.

You know it's the right color and probably more my speed.lol.

Maybe Tony needs a cab to stay cool.

IMG_2702_zps062daa54.jpg

I don't think the owner would give up that comfortable environment up for me!

Most of my plowing days was on open stations with heat housers. By the time I got my first cab in the eighties we were moving away from plowing.

Tony

New pictures for today...

Our Ohio chapter 6 President, Dale Merkle, "Merk" always brings a couple nice cubs that he has restored.

Last year the plowing was perfect for the garden tractors.

I saw Dale letting young kids drive his tractors, teaching them how to plow.

These kids were having a ball, Thanks Dale.

post-43251-0-74564100-1436613845_thumb.j post-43251-0-15814100-1436613898_thumb.j

I just noticed that the nice 400 in the background is one of the Merkles tractors.

It's a sweet 400 and mounted plow.

Fellow Ohio chapter 6 member Kevin Paul on his Cub

IMG_2550_zpsbdbv09i5.jpg

New pictures for today...

Our Ohio chapter 6 President, Dale Merkle, "Merk" always brings a couple nice cubs that he has restored.

Last year the plowing was perfect for the garden tractors.

I saw Dale letting young kids drive his tractors, teaching them how to plow.

These kids were having a ball, Thanks Dale.

attachicon.gifIMG_2557.JPG attachicon.gifIMG_2596.JPG

I just noticed that the nice 400 in the background is one of the Merkles tractors.

It's a sweet 400 and mounted plow.

Nice pictures Mark!

Dale ,How about a better photo of that nice 400 in back?

Tony

Tony, I found a pretty good picture of the Merkle 400, with a clean Deere in the background.

post-43251-0-94144800-1436660422_thumb.j

Tony, here's another form the rear...

post-43251-0-02785100-1436660720_thumb.j

Here's ohio farmer making a few rounds on his 560D. Maybe this will entice Tony to come to Ohio?

IMG_2701_zps7lsctaj1.jpg

Redneckchevy9

That was actually a C-295A. I know have a C-295 on it that I like a little better. Both are 2-14" and it is a straight C but has Super C sleeves and pistons in it. My dad & uncle purchased it as a cultivating tractor and only plowed with it once when the H was down. They pulled a 2-12" Little Wonder plow with it when they did. I added the mounted plow 'cause I thought it would be fun to plow with. Wish we still had the cultivators.

Don't let MTO fool ya. You just can't see the role of toilet paper beside him. :lol::lol:

How does she pull & in what gear do you plow in? I have always wanted to hook up a plow to my C, but never had access to a small plow.