sugarmaker

TD6 Dozer/Loader

Rawleigh,

I am beginning to understand that too. I seem to have a pretty good day followed by a not so good one. Not used to being laid up, so this is is different. One of the weird things is the meds have ruined my appetite, so nothing sounds good to eat.

Hope things are good in RED land! Merry Christmas!

As snow approaches the shores of Lake Erie today, the TD6 rests under a tarp and I rest in the house.

Regards,

Chris

Folks,

Just got in from plowing the drive with the Jubliee. Temp is 18-19F Wind chill probably zero.  Thawing slowly under a blanket on the couch. New furnace is working smoothly and its a change not to feed the wood stove. We are in for some more snow in the next 24 hours. Dont think its going to get so bad I need to get the TD6 out but it sets ready!:) Darn truck is in the shop again today for a DEF or fuel (diesel) tank heater failure. I was not real pleased, not cheap. Guess thats what I get for trying to save money on a used truck. If I had it to do over I might buy a new gas powered truck.

Just found out today that if the check engine light is on, the truck remote start will not work!

Regards,

Chris

Chris:  Your back must be feeling better if you can plow the drive on a Jubilee!!!  That or you have really good drugs!!:o  Don't over do it!

I'm glad my Ford F250 is pre DEF, even if it has the problematic 6.0.  if I have to replace it I will probably go gas as well.  Too hard to rationalize a diesel anymore.

Rawliegh,

I REALLY like this red truck. I sure hope the fuel tank heating and sensing issues are behind me. Kind of seems like Ford has engineered these parts to fail at or around 100K miles???? Friends Chevy had similar issues at 100K too. I think part of the problem is that this truck is not babied now it sets outside in the frigid cold, I think it goit a bath every night and was in a heated garage each night in its prior life. I will try the diesel once but if I have to spend a lot to maintain it a gas job will probably be the next unit. I really like the way it pulls the goose neck with the D17 on it. Eazy pezy!

BTW the FORD extended warranty protection plan has not covered these fuel system problems .These are known as normal wear and tear items to the tune of about $1000 over the last month. Not a real happy camper on this end!:) Typical insurance stuff!

Regards,

Chris

That sucks!  i would have thought they would be covered under the emissions control warranty.  I had the extended warranty but didn't need it much.  I have 205k miles on my 2006 F250 6.0 diesel now.  I hope she holds up as I would like to get 450k miles out of it!!

Wow! Hope I can get another 100K out of this truck!

Regards,

Chris

oh my, we live in different world, never played with my cats all summer now I have 2 in the shop getting ready to go to work. the td-6 known as Kommunist Kat fired right up sitting out side at -18c with only having the block heater plugged in for 3 hours.

thansk

td-6s in shop.jpg

Happy to see some of these great old units still earning their keep .. 

KoO,

Good luck clearing roads this winter with the IH units! Nice clean organized shop!

Yea my TD6 gets to set idle with a tarp on it all winter. If I get foxy feeling I might try to fire it up at some point. Right now resting seems like the thing to do for me.

Hope things are good for everyone out there. Merry Christmas, a little early!

Regards,

Chris

Just heading back home to northern Alberta today from a South Africa vacation. 

I know I have some snowploughing to do with the TD9 when I get home.. Looking forward to it !! 

Wow sounds like a nice vacation! Pictures to share with us????

Always good to be headed home even to snow! Pictures pushing snow would be ok too!

Since my photobucket went belly up I havent been putting up many pics.  Here is one direct from computer see if it works??????? The Jubille ready for snow duty.

Looks like it worked. The TD6 is in the background under the blue tarp, behind the goose neck trailer.

image.jpeg.133969d257b0dd5e875ae1e3bad35ef9.jpeg

Here is the F250

image.jpeg.eb5140ce6d443f2c5ed2e6dd9f815300.jpeg

Regards,

Chris

we worked the Kommunist Kat yesterday pretty hard with all the snow. more on this on my website that I got control of after being locked down for 15 months.

http://kingofobsolete.ca/Winter_Drill_Roads6_WEBPAGE.html

thansk

KOO,

Thanks for the update on your winter roads. You sure do have a lot of snow for so early in the winter. We had an early snow here in NE Minnesota (10-27) and most of it stayed. Have not had a lot of snow since but are forecast to get more this week then turning colder. The loggers need the cold for their winter roads. Good luck with your projects!

DWF

31 minutes ago, DWF said:

KOO,

Thanks for the update on your winter roads. You sure do have a lot of snow for so early in the winter. We had an early snow here in NE Minnesota (10-27) and most of it stayed. Have not had a lot of snow since but are forecast to get more this week then turning colder. The loggers need the cold for their winter roads. Good luck with your projects!

DWF

I think every year it is getting harder and harder to work in the bush because nothing is freezing. keep us posted.  thansk

In an area where a cold winter makes about -10C rarely I used to marvel at the cold weather operating instructions in our original 1952 TD6 operators manual - down to -50F.  The replacement manual when that one frayed must have been tuned for Australia as it left those bits out.