Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

408starher

CaseIH Puma spyshot

Here is a prototype spyshot from for the new Puma tractor by CIH to arrive in the next 18 months. This picture runs through the internet in the past weeks. The picture was taken as far as I know in the alps (Großglockner) in Austria. This tractor may get a new name too. There is an opinion discussion by CaseIH about the names Eagle, Alpha and Panther....

post-64040-0-70764000-1421428012_thumb.j

Have to take your lunch along! After climbing those steps you wouldn't want to get back down for a while. I hope the other side has a slope to the steps.

Would they have use for a tractor that size on farms in the Alps or would that just be testing grounds with all the steep hill climbs ?

The European headquarters of CaseIH is located in St. Valentin/Austria. The area of the Großglockner Hochalpenstraße" is used by many car manufacturers for tests of there prototype cars. It seems that CIH is using this place too....

Where oh where has the farmall aka IHC gone the early magnums were a lot IH but these are a horse of a different color. I am sure glad I am getting to SS age as I plan NOT to buy anymore tractors

Sharp looking tractor!

Have to take your lunch along! After climbing those steps you wouldn't want to get back down for a while. I hope the other side has a slope to the steps.[/quote

I believe that the real steps are on the other side . These appear to be for servicing and cleaning the window

Not sure if I like it. Looks kinda Dutz Fahr ish

Not sure if I like it. Looks kinda Dutz Fahr ish

The nose looks like spiderman....the rest looks a bit cartoony

Troy, I think they were trying to copy thoughs toy tractors with the way oversized wheels and the fake mud all over them?

Orin

Yes orin exactly

You coming out here?

Not for a while, probably Christmas or next spring the will be the soonest. I will definitely let you know before we come out, so we can coordinate a visit. My brother inlaw is getting married out of the country so that is taking up a bunch of my wife's vacation time and to much money.... A little sore spot at the moment....

More photos circulating on the net

nouvea11.jpg

byyuj213.jpg

20141010.jpg

Are they trying to make it look like a big bug? Personally all the new CASEIH and others for that matter are ugly. What happened to the lines like a 66 had, why does everything have to be so round? And those mufflers on the new Magnums and Steigers holy cow they give UUUUUGLY new meaning.

Looks like garbage.

We can thank the Europeans for the ugly styling cues and the EPA for the HUGE "mufflers"...... :angry:

I would have thought the Magnum and Steiger styling was done at Hinsdale. Or is Hinsdale taking styling orders from Europe? I totally agree we need something styled like the way the 706 and early 656 were done. They were some of the nicest looking tractors IH built.

It pains me to say this but the only tractors that still look like tractors are the Massey Fergusons.

Al

It pains me to say this but the only tractors that still look like tractors are the Massey Fergusons.

Al

In France CASE IH has lost some market share, while Massey Ferguson has progressed.

Here is the link of a French forum that shows sales of tractors in European countries.

http://forum.grostracteurspassion.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46787

MF aren't bad tractors, and never have been really. The 2745 or whatever was not a great unit but most others are

I had high hopes for McCormick, but it looks like they are not doing well.

I had high hopes for McCormick, but it looks like they are not doing well.

They started good. But when CIH parts contracts ran out they went the cheap route. Techs here say not to touch any newer than 08. From whats in the shop.....I would concur

I like this design.

But, how do you get close enough to the engine to service it?

Looks like a Sky Hook would be needed and the owner/tech would have to come in from the top.

Used to be able to stand at the engine of a 1066.

FWA and bigger tires is the cause of that.

Looks nice but hope you don't have to work on it.

#1 in the service manual, remove front tires.