Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cougar766

needed thoughts and prayers

guys you know I don't normally do this sort of thing as I feel this should be a equipment talking area but......

I need to ask for your thoughts and prayers.

On Oct 4 my wife came to me and told me she no longer "loved me as a husband" but wanted to work on it. Then she proceed to yo yo me for the next 4 weeks until I found out what is/ was really going on. Anyways to make along story short I have filed for divorce and for full custody of the kids. I've been spending a lot of my time with some old and dear friends and I'm content in my decision (even been happier than I've been in years) but I'm worried about her and her future no matter how this plays out. So if you could/ would keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Cougar766/ David A., Kassandra R., and David Jr. Hodson

IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. THE ONES THAT GET HURT THE MOST ARE TH CHILDREN. HOW ARE ARE THEY? IS THERE ANOTHER BULL IN THE BARN FOR HER? I DID IT 3 TIMES. YOU WILL GET OVER IT BUT IT LEAVES A SOAR TASTE IN YOUR MOUTH.

Sounds rough and been there when i was young. No family at least but man i was irked for a long time. Do you have no hope of repair? Keep you in prayer

Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your children. Concentrate on your kids and do right by them and things will work out for the best.

Not the decision one wants to make, nor the news one wants to get.

My daughter and SIL are also in the process of seperation. What makes it tough is that they're on another continent(UK), and we're SO missing the kids.

By God's grace and power of prayer we'll manage. You guys are in our prayers.

Sorry to hear this David, hang in there and take the high road it will be better for the kids .

Danny

Sorry to hear that, hopefully everything will work out in the long run. I've been there and things can get tough, always make sure that the kids know you love them and that none of this is their fault.

Wish you and your family the best, but prepare yourself for the worst year of your life. There is definitely life after divorce, but the time spent going through it is awful. I was down this road 5 1/2 years ago, every corner on it is sharp, the hills are very steep, it's icy and there's no guardrail! My best advise would be to hurry it along, the longer it takes the meaner she will get, the more you will lose, and the harder it will be to recover from! Prepare yourself for some blows, she will hit you where it hurts the worst and she will try to take what means the most to you! Try to stay positive, don't let your temper screw you over! It seems like they want you to loose your cool, so that they can use it against you in court! Unfortunately it never seems like the wife ever looses as much as the husband, I have some good friends that have been through this, they have become very strapped for cash while their ex-wives live the life of a queen. And in both of these cases the wives jumped the fence, to cause the divorce, but they both ended up rewarded by the judge! With all that said, there is life after divorce, allow yourself to make the most out of the opportunities that your new life offers!

My thoughts are with you. What a tough situation. Keep at it and keep the kids at the top of the list. Down the road there is light From experience I can share that with you. Way back in my life a man told me that" there are better deals down the road weather it be tractors or women"

sending prayers dave, keep your head up !

No disrespect to your wife Cougar but her skinned knees from the fall will heal faster than yours. Many of us here have "been there, done that" and it ain`t no cakewalk for sure. Keep your head on and allow God to help.

david, been there don that thankfully there were no children when i got my divorce, keep ur head up things will get better.

Saw the post you made a few weeks ago on FB that you weren't happy and had a tough decision to make. Very sorry to hear that this is the tough decision. When I saw the post I did n't want to pry, I figured if you needed to talk you'd get in touch. Guess I'm out of touch. Again, very sorry to hear this. Prayers for everyone.

Thanks guys I really appreciate it. The kids are my main priority that's for sure.

will keep reading the replys

Thanks again

Sorry to hear of this. Seems to be awfully common this day and age unfortunately. From the sounds of it maybe it was the best decision. You'll make it through just stay strong for your kids

What a painful ordeal, so sorry to hear it man. Requests granted

Sorry to hear that, been through it, its not easy by any means,but it gets better believe me. Looking back now it was the best thing that ever happened to me, didn't seem it at the time but after getting remarried and seeing what a great marriage and a great woman is about I look back and say what was I ever thinking. Keep your head up and do whats right for the kids and for YOU!

Been there, not quite married and thankfully no kids. Heard those same words you did. Quite painful they are to hear. But sometimes a relief knowing there are no more charades.

Hang in there Dave, sorry to hear this, nobody wins in a mess like this. Bill

C766 your on right the track ,keep your kids Number ONE priority. 1984 was a Bad year for me. You'll climb out of the valley and reach a peak in time. Prayers to you & yours!

Prayers are with you and maybe some help. Search for God Save My Marriage. Joel and Kathy Davisson. He is full of himself but the ideas they present are worth looking at. It does take a lot of getting past what we are taught as men to see where they are coming from. There is always hope.

Let her go David and move on. I did the same as you 25 years ago and as it turns out, it was the best money I ever spent. Of course, as many of you know, I hit the jackpot with #2. Went through a tough time the first year but sleeping around made it go fast. Life is good!!

jerry

thanks a lot guys, I was gonna try to work things out but she keeps going on about some things which has convince me their not over and I'll never be able to trust her at all and she's given me plenty of reason to doubt her all these years, so yea we are through. To be honest I haven't been this happy in 20-25 years, old friends are saying where the **** have you been your back to being the happy go lucky guy we new in school, and newer friends are asking who I am as they've never seen me be this happy or go lucky fun to be around. The only stress I have right now is that she will not move out and she's fighting me over the kids (they both want to live with me as I'm the one always home and there for them when they need me), so I hope this ends quickly