Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ole three bottom

Hear ye, Hear Ye!!!! Chapter #7 Announces it's annual fall tillage day!!!

The Chapter #7 waver is not doubt of the same manner as what Mark just described..Honestly guys I can't swear that they will even say a thing about riders this year.. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. Honestly guys I can't swear that they will even say a thing about riders this year.. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. But I just hope prepare those who plan to come just in case. I also doubt that anyone will be running around on a bolf cart just to make sure that everyone obeys any rules, Bottom line use your best judgement.

Another thing that Mark brought up are the pedestrians..I am probably one of the most dangerous pedestrians you will see out in the field. I sometimes get real close to the furrow for a photo.

100_2785.jpg

Most of the time I end up getting the photo I want that way but once in a while I get a disappointment. The final photo from yesterday of the H. I took the photo and was hoping to get one of the plow passing. By the time the camera processed it and I could take the second shot in all actuality I was too close. But you can sure see the plow working.

100_2764.jpg

100_2786.jpg

Now that's a better photo. Most people tend to take photos from the land side of the plow, I get on both sides because if you get over on the plowed ground you can get some great photos, and more of a workout walking on plowed ground.

For some reason photobucket is being funny this morning and I can't access the photos from the 2010 tillage day at Bob DeVault's. So this morning I am going to have to jump forward a year to 2011 and the tillage day at John and Jim Yoars at Bunker Hill, Indiana. The ground was just a touch slick that day from rains earlier in the week and the turnout was somewhat small. But we still had an enjoyable day.

100_3199.jpg

100_3197.jpg

100_3198.jpg

100_3203.jpg

100_3206.jpg

100_3210.jpg

Pat I agree and not arguing (spelling) but our local Hendricks county Antique club pushes the same info for our shows, drives etc. but when I did some research on the clubs insurance policy it doesn't even cover club members themselves if we get hurt but does cover bystanders if they get hurt on our equipment.

But why take the chance period.

If only people were not sue and lawyer happy we'd all be better off.

David

Thanks for the pictures, keep them coming, I look forward to them every day.

Mark

Is Chapter 7 using the International Harvester Collectors insurance?

If you are using the same policy as the Red Power Round Up shows ( I co-chaired RPRU 2013 show) the only thing the collectors insurance covers is bystanders if they get hit by a tractor or plow.

The drivers must be 16 years old and have a driver's license.

There is no coverage on the driver, rider, tractor and plow.

Best thing you can do is contact the International Harvester Collectors legal guy if that is the insurance Chapter 7 is using. I have contact information if you need it.

I would double check with the insurance carrier to make sure riders are allowed. I'm not 100 % sure.....I don't think riders are not allowed.

I dealt with the insurance for RPRU 2013.

I know in the past the club has bought event policy like Mark spoke of.

David no argument here .... Kind of looks like I shouldn't even have brought the subject up when I personally don't have all the answers in front of me.

Found out why I couldn't access the 2010 photos so we are good to proceed with them.

100_2747.jpg

100_2755.jpg

Pat your doing a super job with the pictures. I would like to get back out to Bob's and plow again.

Insurance, I'm a member so I can plow and don't have a problem with the rules. Safety is number one everywhere today. I don't want Bob or anyone putting on a plow day to end up in court.

We all have land or can find a friend with land to run on, so we don't have to give rides at plow days.

Everyone needs to put on a plow day, then you know what a headache it is, without something else to weary about and what the host has to do for us to plow. My hat's off to anyone that hosts a plow day. Thank You

I know in the past the club has bought event policy like Mark spoke of.

David no argument here .... Kind of looks like I shouldn't even have brought the subject up when I personally don't have all the answers in front of me.

Found out why I couldn't access the 2010 photos so we are good to proceed with them.

100_2747.jpg

100_2755.jpg

glad you was able to post the pictures of Kassandra with me on her F460 and David Jr. with his grandpa on the F544 Hydro.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

Pat the topic of insurance needed to be brought up to remind us all, so Thank You for broaching that subject.

Fellas,

Don't want to hijack this great thread BUT Being the insurance topic came up, I was wondering last week when we did our fair display. Why is it that at Fairs you can have tractor pulls, destruction derby's, Monster trucks, Rodeos, and fair wanted us to parade tractors down main street between all the fairgoers.(Which worried me but they said no worry, that's what security is for)

And our clubs be it I.H. or the EDGE& TA have insurance hemorrhages for just about anything that moves????????

Mel & I were discussing teaming up with a good country fair and let the clubs sit there reading their policies for entertainment and enjoyment.

WE wonder why its getting harder to keep these shows alive, they keep ratcheting down on events in the name of insurance.

I realize insurance companies run our lives. BUT DAM WE NEED PUSH BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony

You can debate this intellectually all you want. There are an overabundance of lawyers just anxious to sue everyone involved. Let someone get hurt or killed at one of these events from improper use of the tractor and they then become uninsurable. I've been there. They will sue everyone at the event that has any means to pay. Besides, it sets a poor example for young people to watch, just like unsafe gun handling. We teach our youth, through 4H safety programs, how not to get hurt or killed while farming, and then go to a public forum and fail to practice what we preach. Just thinking out loud guys. Hope no one gets offended, but I got sued for something I did not do, and it took 8 years entertaining lawyers and juries to see it through. Think you are busy and worried now, you don't know the half of it.

Ron, I do hope you can make it back this way. We would love to have you back in the furrow with us.

This first photo this morning is for those who favor the 60 series. I wish I had the tail wheel of the 530 plow in the photo. But over all it is a decent photo. I do wish I had two sections of scaffold to use on a regular bases. The ability to add the downward angle to the series just adds so much to this collection of photos.

100_2753.jpg

100_2748.jpg

100_2749.jpg

Nothing special in the photo above, Just an old H in her work cloths with an old Little genius plow.. Nothing Special?? When introduced the H was just what the average farm needed, The Farmall H kept many a farm productive through the second world war, So popular and so much in demand that just short of 400,000 of the H rolled off the assembly line during it's production.

Love your pictures, as well as the history info that you add to them, but.....

there's that picture of that 560 again.... man your killing me......

thanks, Mark

Mark, I think that may be the last photo of the Turbo 560. So I am pretty sure it is safe to put the nitroglycerine pills away and relax.

100_2794.jpg

After a break at noon for lunch and the chapter #7 fourth quarter meeting the plows head back to the furrow for the afternoon. The pack was eager get going again.

100_2826.jpg

100_2829.jpg

Pat can't wait to see what you post this morning although I will not be able to see it till tonight or tomorrow morn.

Its 4:30 AM and I've been up since 3:00 so its gonna be a long day and I need a red fix.

Thanks for the pictures

Sorry I am running late this morning guys, Just after I got yesterdays post made a well drillers rig came by going to the neighbors and took out our internet cable. The cable is still down but hopefully will be fixed today. I have a couple options for WiFi in town and chose to use the connection at our church. So Lets get at it!!!

Important NEWS!!!!

I got a text message form Chapter #7 director Wilson Gatewood {IHMan1468} to report that he had just gotten off the phone with Bob DeVault. Bob reported that the seed corn Has been harvested!!! This in it's self insures that there is ground to work. This also enables Bob focus on his soybean crop. Hopefully in the coming weeks they will ripen to the point of harvest. I know that they people that bring the smaller plows would prefer bean stubble over corn stalks if at all possible. With the under frame clearance of the older plows it was easy enough to plug on corn stalks with fodder from 100 bu corn.

100_2820.jpg

100_2823.jpg

100_2827.jpg

There once was a time when I would have been biting at the bit to take a 5488 and a plow like this out into the furrow. Who wouldn't....

Well guys we are still waiting on comcast to come and make repairs...... <_<

Several days ago I made the statement that I was going to run out of photos from the 2010 tillage day. Well In all honesty I have milked that collection of photos for all they are worth with minimal repeats. But fear not!!! I have available for your viewing pleasure and your Red Iron fix images of several other tillage days past to keep this tread going till we get to the furrow in October.

To finish out the photos that are from the 2010 tillage day once again I want to hit on the Cub Cadets. The Chapter trys to plan for a few Cub Cadets at every tillage day. We always hope to have an area that is just the perfect size for the CC's to do their own thing. When we were up at Bob DeVault's in 2010 the tractor's for the most part didn't get to the furrow till just after 9 am. The first Cub Cadet didn't arrive till after 10 am. Up at bob's it's pretty much wide open with not little patch that would have been perfect for the Cadets. So what did those fearless Cadets do, The fell into formation behind a Farmall H pulling a two bottom and everyone went right ahead.

100_2796.jpg

100_2797.jpg

100_2798.jpg

Next round the Cadets fell in behind this Cub which mad the transition from 14" bottoms to 8" a little lest drastic.

100_2799.jpg

I called Comcast once again this morning... Bad news, they won't get around to us till next Wednesday <_< . But they are crediting our account a Jackson for our inconvenience ^_^ . So this morning I am reporting in from the Beautiful Daleville Community Library.

http://dalevillelibrary.blogspot.in/

While I'm giving you a cyber tour of town Here is Daleville Christian Church

http://dalevillechristian.org/

Photos you guys are waiting for photos. So lets go back to last year. Richard Walker and family hosted the 2013 tillage day. The ground started out slightly slick from recent rains. But conditions improved as the day went on. Morris True opened the first headland with his hot Farmall H.

100_2512_zpsb9f133c0.jpg

100_2514_zpsdbfb123d.jpg

Easy Bob soon got his 560 into the furrow. Bob is real proud of this tractor. It was his dad's tractor and Bob tracked it down and bought it back. The tractor is in excellent original condition. Morris is an IH service tech from way back and it is hard telling what all he has done to his H. I'm pretty sure the rpm's that engine was turning out were higher then the original governed setting.

100_2522_zps17e7515e.jpg

100_2526_zps2a3472f5.jpg

100_2527_zps2cedde55.jpg

Pat,

that sucks about the cable. Doesn't seem right to take that long to do a repair.

Really enjoying the pictures Thanks again.

David

Might be time to "cast" Comcast aside.

bump

I had half a mind to take the laptop to church yesterday and do a post after service while my wife was doing her responsibility as financial secretary. But then she would have ended up waiting on me to get done. So I ended up skipping a day and falling back to page 2. Ah Comcast, Comcast's presence in our part of the country is limited any way. So you guys need some photos for your Monday pleasure.

Last year at Richard Walker's, Richard was eager to get the 4166 out into the furrow Unfortunately they ended up having fuel delivery gremlins most of the day. Richard and his son spent almost as much time exorcising gremlins as they did plowing. But I did get some good photos and eventually the gremlins were driven out of the beast.

100_2524_zps2f382627.jpg

100_2525_zps87a7ab08.jpg

100_2528_zpsc57356ab.jpg

100_2551_zps7a8ebf7c.jpg

100_2552_zps99f8293b.jpg

100_2550_zpsad624deb.jpg

100_2553_zps7527d4a9.jpg

100_2554_zpsf832df90.jpg

100_2539_zps060d16fe.jpg

100_2538_zpsf2a74a1c.jpg

While I was looking around at Richards I saw the cab for the 4166 tucked away behind the grain bins. The 4100, and 4156 that Richard has restored both have cabs. The 4186 has a cab and rops. So one time I asked Richard if the cab for the 4166 was going to go back on that tractor. Richard gave a definite NO.

that looks like a ball guys! love all the pics. good luck with it!

WOW. I really love this set of pics. I always liked those tractors, they look awesome/funny with no cab on them. I cant imagine plowing with a plow that big.

Chris

It's only a 7 bottom..............................make a few rounds with a 12 flex .........now.that's rolling dirt B)

Chris, When the 4100 first came out IH advertised the tractor just as much showing it open station as they did with the cab. At that point in time The cab would have more then likely had heat and a fan and that was about all. It's funny how back at the time of manufacture the 4100-4156 were looked upon as being BIG tractors. At that time they were, whats more at that point in time there were a few companies that were building tractors bigger The 4100-4156. It was only the beginning.... Speaking of the 4100 and 4156 Richard had his out as part of his static display when we came to visit last year.

100_2547_zps4c841e60.jpg

Richard must have spent a couple days arranging his toys for our pleasure, because he made sure there was plenty of his eye candy for us. But today were not going to spend a lot of time on Richards collection, we can come back to it. Today is dedicated to the President of the class of 1939 Charlie Craft. Charlie has been working a number of years collecting the tractors that IH produced in 1939. His nut and bolt restorations of tractors from the F series, W series, and Letter series of 1939 are as good as any of them out there. Charlies son Brad swung by to see if we were having to plow day or if it had been postponed.. When Brad saw Morris out in the furrow Brad ran home loaded tractors and plows and he and Charlie got to Richards just in time to unload before we stopped for lunch. A quick bite and Charlie headed to the furrow.

100_2565_zps6bdd5f5d.jpg

100_2557_zps70d0e0be.jpg

100_2559_zps6e432b1b.jpg

100_2571_zps970aeeab.jpg

100_2572_zps18c63f0c.jpg

100_2573_zps2b3bcc27.jpg

100_2570_zps7f3cc253.jpg

100_2574_zpsbbeda65c.jpg

Brad Craft on his Super M with a #70 plow

100_2576_zps08101fcb.jpg

100_2577_zps093a74fb.jpg