Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ole three bottom

Hear ye, Hear Ye!!!! Chapter #7 Announces it's annual fall tillage day!!!

Friends!!!! It is with great pleasure I announce that Chapter #7 is returning to Tippecanoe County, Indiana to the farm of Bob Devault!!!!

Scan0147_zpsdf76f11f.jpg

Scan0146_zpsa6a7658c.jpg

The tillage day is tentatively set for October 11,2014. Weather and harvest may be a factor. As we all know planting was later the usual, but it is hoped that harvest is far enough along that we have bean ground and corn stalks from seed corn ground to turn under. Right now there is the probability of plenty of acreage so large plows will be excepted as well as smaller ones.

Scan0145_zpsc97d2067.jpg

Scan0143_zps14d585a9.jpg

The De Vault farm is located on Indiana 28 roughly 5 miles west of I65 at exit #158.

Scan0144_zpsb008461a.jpg

Scan0142_zps05382593.jpg

Currently there is no info on the chapter #7 web site but hopefully it will be updated soon. So if you have any questions contact IHMAN1468 Wilson Gatewood here on the forum. Wilson, If you wish to give out your cell, you can.

Already got plans for that day. :(

This is great news. I have a feeling we might just be getting a good start about then.

Good pictures too!

if Bob still has a 4 bottom semi mount available may just have to take the Lady this time.

Pat dad says he'll haul you around in the Gator too take pictures if you need him too

Richard, I had borrowed two sections of scaffolding for the day. I built them up in my pickup bed and strapped them in. I was at that plow day only till lunch so I didn't get out to the corn field as much as the bean field. I loved the results of the photos and would love to have some scaffolding of mine own to do it again but there have been greater needs. The photos I posted today I had to scan off of prints. When I got hacked a couple months ago I lost access of the photo bucket account that that tillage day is on. I figured out how to get it back this evening so I can repost the photos from the 2010 tillage day if you desire.

David, I may take you and your dad up on the ride.

100_2824.jpg

i would love to bring a bigger tractor and plow, wish i lived closer. looks like alot of fun to me!

This brings up a question for me; what all do you guys do in the IHCC? I think I'm a little clubbed out right now (no time anyhow) but I've always been curious. Pretty well like on here, but in person?

This brings up a question for me; what all do you guys do in the IHCC? I think I'm a little clubbed out right now (no time anyhow) but I've always been curious. Pretty well like on here, but in person?

http://www.ihcin7.net/welcome.html

Chapter #7 gets together once every quarter. In the past the first quarter meeting is a kick off luncheon at Johnathon Byrd's. We are in the process of getting an new location because the cafeteria has closed. Second and third quarter meetings are usually held at a show. One of these will have been chosen to be our state show. The fourth quarter meeting is usually our annual tillage day.Last October Chapter #7 hosted the national auction.

Last winter Chapter #7 donated an International peddle tractor to Payton Manning Children's hospital and one Ryley Children's Hospital. In the past as a club we have made donations to the FFA Foundation, the International Harvester archives at the Wisconsin Historical Society and Hamilton South Eastern FFA for their help last fall at the national auction.

As you read the Red Power Forum you see friendships developed here, you see members offering assistance to others as they work out problems with their tractors. It is the same way in the IHCC. We all have the same thing in common, the appreciation of The Red Tractor.

Need to add a photo of a tractor and plow for today.

100_2759.jpg

Like 560's

100_2787.jpg

I had the chance to run this one a few years back when Max and I went down to a Tillage Day (2010 maybe??)

BJ, I think you and Max ran Yoars' 560 when they hosted the tillage day close to Bunker Hill, In. I can't recall the year but I recall it being a touch slick. For the life of me I can't quite figure out what I don't like about the rears on Yoars 560.. Is it the fact that the 16.9 X 38's look like too much tire on the tractor or is it the fact that I don't like long bar short bar tires..

Richard, I had borrowed two sections of scaffolding for the day. I built them up in my pickup bed and strapped them in. I was at that plow day only till lunch so I didn't get out to the corn field as much as the bean field. I loved the results of the photos and would love to have some scaffolding of mine own to do it again but there have been greater needs. The photos I posted today I had to scan off of prints. When I got hacked a couple months ago I lost access of the photo bucket account that that tillage day is on. I figured out how to get it back this evening so I can repost the photos from the 2010 tillage day if you desire.

David, I may take you and your dad up on the ride.

100_2824.jpg

Did I hear somebody say "pictures"? I'll stay tuned. BK

BJ you ran Kassandra's 460 at a plow day but for the life of me I can't remember which one, do you?

Pat the ride is yours if you need it, now I just need to figure out how to get ahold of Bob and ask if he'll have a 4 bottom there as I don't have a way of loading my plows any more.

This is one fun hitch to as Easy Bob would say have in the furrie. 130+ pto hp, tricycle on the front, six automatic reset bottoms on the draw bar.

100_2819.jpg

100_2820.jpg

Ole Three Bottom,

I am going to try to be there, but October is a tough month to plan ahead. See what happens.

BJ you ran Kassandra's 460 at a plow day but for the life of me I can't remember which one, do you?

Pat the ride is yours if you need it, now I just need to figure out how to get ahold of Bob and ask if he'll have a 4 bottom there as I don't have a way of loading my plows any more.

I think it might have been the last time Bob hosted it.

If I can make it to a plow day, I like to be there before sunup if at all possible.. Never know who could use use a hand with ramps and boomers. Some folks will want to stretch their legs enjoy coffee and donuts before droppin into the furrow some will be bitten at the bit to turn some ground.

100_2737.jpg

100_2738.jpg

In the photo above off in the distance there is one lone tractor out in the field, Smoker 1. Further down in this post I will explain.

100_2739.jpg

100_2740.jpg

Smoker 1 had to load out and head for home and and another engagement around noon {I think it was a birthday party}. So with first light he had his plow in the furrow. Jerry has a nice setup with his semi and drop deck trailer. Leave the plow hitched and drive on. Chain down and roll. When he gets to his destination the ramp goes down and the chains come off. Carefully he backs the plow and tractor off the trailer and off to the headland he goes.

BJ you may be correct.

thinking about loading up the 550 and the Lady to play with, or the 400 and 460 with their plows. Can't make up my mind although kids want me to bring their tractors but I want the Lady and a straight pipe :rolleyes::D

At the chapter 7 tillage day is is most important to have ground available for the Cubs and Cub Cadets. The Cub Cadets were an important part of the International Harvester line. So we always include them in our tillage day.

75196187-226b-4855-8a45-566b166ebefa_zps

100_2799.jpg

You will always see a lot of letter series at the tillage day. That's just going to happen. When we have enough acreage we will have those that will make an extra trip so they have the biggest tractor and plow at the tillage day. 1456' 1466, 5488. But those who have been around the tillage day since the beginning have wised up. They are the ones who will show up with anything from a 460 up to a 756-766 with a 311-411,312-412 plow. With those tractors and plows they can walk the tractor up the ramps and head down the road.

100_2778.jpg

Picture #4 and #5 on page #1 of this topic you will notice is of a Super MD.

100_2744.jpg

100_2783.jpg

If you don't recognize the operator of the Super MD that is a Master Plowman we know here on the forum as RFP. Ron loaded up the Super MD and a couple different plows and made the trip from Missouri to Lafayette to join us. Ron got in on Friday in time to help open some headlands and decide which plow would work best for him on Saturday.

100_2784.jpg

Look at the job Ron's doing.. Clean and level, Ron knows how to set up a plow.

100_2771.jpg

The Super MD would let you know where it was working with just a little diesel smoke.

100_2751.jpg

There was one spot in the stubble field that was just a smidg tougher then the rest of the field for 10-20 yards. When Ron hit that spot the SMD didn't disappoint. The governor opened up and the coal rolled. .

Some nice looking ground there! I didn't know they made earth here in Indiana that wasn't red. :D

Not every tillage day do you get this much room to give the ponies their head and just letting them go!!!

100_2810.jpg

100_2782.jpg

Just across the road behind the house and pole barn is the corn stalk ground where the larger plows are working.