FarmallFan

Post your Projects Here!

My father, son and I have been restoring a 1938 Farmall F14.

post-115870-0-61382600-1426885121_thumb.

post-115870-0-99414400-1426885130_thumb.

I am replacing the water jacket covers on my 1948 McCormick WD9. I also replaced the oil pan gasket. Once I get it back together I will polish the paint.

post-115870-0-97011500-1426885549_thumb.

My 1953 McCormick W-4. Serial #33111. I purchased it a couple years ago. It had horrible tinwork, a spun bearing, a cracked head, a ruined camshaft and cam gear.

I had a C-169 I was able to rob the crank from. I had it turned down to make the journals the exact standard size of the C-152 in this W4 (the stroke is the same). I was also able to use a rod, the cam, cam gear, and head off the old seized C-169.
I could go on and on about the rest I had to do, but the picture gives you the idea. I added all the wheel weights as I use this tractor to pull a 1 cord wood scoot. The C-169 cam seemed to add some torque and rpm. My dad has a W-4 also, and the difference is noticeable. These little tractors are beasts.
Currently just split apart a 300u. Head is at local machine shop now. Looking forward to this new project!post-66461-0-17488100-1427900940_thumb.j

The 300 utility I split apart, mentioned in previous post ^

I had sent the head out to a local machine shop with a brand new set of valves with it. In the meantime, I lightly emery clothed the rod journals. Just gave them a light shine as they are in great shape, according to the mic. The mains are fine as is.

Next step is a light hone on the cylinders. There was no reason to re-sleeve as virtually no ring groove/ridge. Then clean the firecrater pistons up, and install the new rings.

Clean the block up nice, install new rear main seal, slide the pistons into place… I don't need to tell you guys this, you all know. It's just plain ol' fun is all.

I picked the head up today. It magnafluxed out to be fine. They had to take .010" off to make it true. I supplied all new valves, and it came back with a nice 3 angle valve job, all assembled. It's wrapped in plastic and as good as new.

There really is no time-frame to this project, as I'm not in need of the tractor right away. I'm not looking to make a show tractor, just a good running utility that'll get used frequently like it's brothers I have listed in my signature.

The tractor was abandoned in a field behind a barn about 3 hrs from me. It had been in the same spot for so long the rims were below ground level. It had a loader on it with a tip bucket. I had to cut a 3" tree down between the loader arms to move the tractor onto my trailer. The seller said it had been in that spot for 12 years. I got the whole unit for $900. I sold the loader off it for $300. So now only $600 plus my time to get it to it's new home. I'll have another grand into it by the time I have her mobile. Oh yeah, I picked up a power steering unit and flow control valve for $650. So let me think, $600 tractor, $1000 parts, $650 power steering = $2250. Plus another $250 for unforeseen items. In the end, for $2500 I'll have myself a mint running 1955 300u with power steering, TA, IPTO, fasthitch, and 2 more remotes. I plan on painting everything but the tins. It has all the original emblems, including t/a emblems. I'm going to leave the tinwork all rusty to make it have that "ratrod" look, but it'll all be painted underneath.

Here is a pic of our '48 C and H. We are getting the C ready for paint, and the H we just purchased last month on an auction "not running". Had her running in 15 minutes, and everything works! Very happy to have these two tractors along with our '45 A.

post-117041-0-42202600-1433942519_thumb.

Here's a pic of my two way, C-199, plow recently completed. The 1949 'C' was done last year.

Dennis

post-633-0-91639300-1436384740_thumb.jpg

I have aquired a Anderson loader on a I340 with a shuttle transmission. It is mounted on the rear and controls are on the tractor like a forklift. The unusual feature is that the boom has a joint that is cylinder controled half way up the boom. I am looking for info on this unit as I am going to rebuild and paint this unit for shows. I would like any material or knowledge anyone would have on this unit. The company name is A.C. Anderson Inc. out of Wildwood New Jersey, they also made a standard loader and right & left hand side mowers.

I am a retired IH dealer in Mi. E mail me at dw3545@yahoo.com if you have any info and I can send pics.

New purchase 2500 series A,,200c gas engine 3050 loader,backhoe..didnt start,didbt nove and there was bo steering at all,got it running,purrs like a 1245hour machine should...having trouvles with the hoe swing bow

been working on a 61 460D

needed a new TA and paint,

was haveing problems with a front end shake, realy didnt want to rip into the front end very bad, so the problem is solved for now any way with new 9.5L's 4 ribs one at 12 psi the other at 25.

OK I know the fenders are wrong, it has LED lights, and the dash is grey not black, I did it for me ,, think it looks pretty good as it is

Add your progress thread to this thread for easy finding. PM me (with links) to your topic and I will include them for you.

Add your progress thread to this thread for easy finding. PM me (with links) to your topic and I will include them for you.

I AM TRYING TO POST PIC OF MY TRACTOR THAT I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON A RESTORING PUT IT WILL NOT POST CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO POST MY PICTURES THANKS

I AM TRYING TO POST PIC OF MY TRACTOR THAT I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON A RESTORING PUT IT WILL NOT POST CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO POST MY PICTURES THANKS

Do you have a Smart phone or are your pictures downloaded off a camera?

just got this, 656 s/n 9594 going to take some work

this could be a real money pitt

paid $3000 for it at an auction it was a long drive home with a blown exast gasket

post-118057-0-67296600-1444590075_thumb.

Aren't they all money pits? :) But there are worse ways to spend money.

Finally signed up for the website so I figured this would be the most appropriate place for the first post. I'm currently working on three projects. The first is a '49 Mccormick ODS6 I picked up from my parents neighbor. It’s in good shape but is currently waiting for a replacement head. The next is my grandfather’s McCormick OS6 that I was fortunate enough to locate this summer. My uncle (also a member) has his other two orchards already. The OS6 is currently in the midst of a motor and several other parts swap from a donor. The last one is a '48 McCormick OS4 that is currently the only fully functional machine. New clutch disk, bushings, and some points was all it immediately needed.

post-119435-0-07030000-1446483707_thumb.

post-119435-0-14879800-1446483713_thumb.

Finally signed up for the website so I figured this would be the most appropriate place for the first post. I'm currently working on three projects. The first is a '49 Mccormick ODS6 I picked up from my parents neighbor. It’s in good shape but is currently waiting for a replacement head. The next is my grandfather’s McCormick OS6 that I was fortunate enough to locate this summer. My uncle (also a member) has his other two orchards already. The OS6 is currently in the midst of a motor and several other parts swap from a donor. The last one is a '48 McCormick OS4 that is currently the only fully functional machine. New clutch disk, bushings, and some points was all it immediately needed.

Those are some interesting tires on the 2nd picture - never seen those before

I was at a swap meet in Oley Pa one time and a guy had an Apache Helicopter fuel tank. It was 18 feet long, drab green and made of Carbon Fiber.

I was interested in it and it even had the serial number tag where it showed made in Lincoln Nebraska at Brunswick corp.

I haggled back and forth with him for three days and finally on the last day of the meet I bought it.

The thing that clinched the deal was when he said, " Oh come on You can always get more money "

I was at a swap meet in Oley Pa one time and a guy had an Apache Helicopter fuel tank. It was 18 feet long, drab green and made of Carbon Fiber.

I was interested in it and it even had the serial number tag where it showed made in Lincoln Nebraska at Brunswick corp.

I haggled back and forth with him for three days and finally on the last day of the meet I bought it.

The thing that clinched the deal was when he said, " Oh come on You can always get more money "

Aint that the truth. On one of them car 'reality' shows I recall a fella paying a good price. The other Kat was whining and then he said. "If it's here and I can get it I best get it b/c I wont find another for years". Pay the piper

Aint that the truth. On one of them car 'reality' shows I recall a fella paying a good price. The other Kat was whining and then he said. "If it's here and I can get it I best get it b/c I wont find another for years". Pay the piper

If you do it right the check to the undertaker bounces.

Good advice from my grandfather

Restoring my Grandpa's F-12. First picture was taken sometime in the 1950's. Grandpa is on the Hay wagon with my Uncle David sitting beside him. Another Uncle is driving the tractor. The F-12 looks a little rough so I assume it was at the end of it's useful life. Grandpa bought an H and later I believe M Farmall. The F-12 was put out to pasture until the Farm in Kansas was sold in the late 1990's. Dad trailered it back to NC and started the restoration but soon his health began to fail and could not work on it any more so I took over two years ago. Second picture is what I started with around the the forth of July 2014 and the third picture is where I'm at now. To finish I need the mag mounted and timed, fuel pump rebuilt and mounted and plum the fuel system. Hope to make the July 4th parade in the small town I live in here in NC.

tractor 2 001.jpg

DSCN1232.jpg

DSCN2389.jpg

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2012 at 2:04 AM, FarmallFan said:

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2012 at 2:04 AM, FarmallFan said:

I am fitting a 345 v8 petrol engine into my farmall M

I am fitting a 345 v8 petrol engine into my farmall M and I am after information regaurding what flywheel and clutch should be used in this application,,and do I need an adapter plate for bellhousing or I have been told to cut off the starter motor flare to fit engine into the chassis rails,,,,,,,PLEASE HELP ME