FarmallFan

Post your Projects Here!

Got a 49 M that was rebuilt 30 Years ago and left in a barn never used.over time moisture got in and got the 2 piston stuck.got the piston unstuck and I'm in the process of rebuilding the old girl

an M is a great tractor, hope you have fun restoring it. and you know you have to post some pics now,lol have fun

Your welcome Reaper, not sure if you we're able to get to my pictures. I bought the wheatland version from Matt Damman, of Lested Praire, MN.,he bought it from a machinery jockey that supposedly bought it from an estate in ND. thats all i know of its history yet.I'd be nice to trace it back to the original owner, thanks for now an keep up your great work.

Nice stuff there Dale!

Here is my 3 year and 2 month Farmall F12 restoration project. Electric start and the P & O 90 mounted plow are a couple of unique features on this tractor. You can see most of the restoration at shutterfly at the following link: http://f121936tractor.shutterfly.com/ the passord is "F12" and is case sensitive.

thanks for looking!

post-59264-0-03982200-1353184184_thumb.j

Here are some photos of my Super MTA Diesel that I started a complete restoration on almost 4 years ago. It is a late serial number of 79xxx with July casting codes.

I added a fast hitch from a 560 with drawbar, and the swinging fast hitch drawbar.

I had to put the project on hold for almost three years while I went through the big "D" where most of my funds went to paying lawyers.

So finally I can put some efforts into getting her wrapped up, and hope to have it done by Spring of 2013.

So far she has been completely disassembled, media blasted, and sheet metal chemically dipped.

A new set of IH NOS oversized 4 1/8" piston set is going in with all new main and rod bearings.

The injection pump has been sent off to Central Fuel Injection for rebuild, and I am installing all new IH rearend and transmission bearings.

I added a Char-lynn power steering and she has all new shoes; Firestone 14.9 x 38's Field and Roads.

She should be like she just drove off the assembly line.

I have purposely lost track of how much moolah I have shoveled into her. I just don't even want to know since it is a small fortune, but I thought I would do the restoration right on such a cool and rare tractor.

JR

post-54200-0-50792800-1354312505_thumb.j

post-54200-0-22562800-1354312518_thumb.j

Hope some people are still following my project. Here is a link to another video. Rather than paste in the link to every video, I'll just include the latest to date, Part 39:

This is my first restoration job. It's a 1949 Super A.

post-61675-0-97010400-1357438454_thumb.jpost-61675-0-93643400-1357439298_thumb.jpost-61675-0-06725100-1357439330_thumb.jpost-61675-0-98796000-1357439355_thumb.j

Here is my 1955 100 HC Distallate.This is my first full restoration.Should be a good project.

post-69347-0-70448400-1359338575_thumb.j

nice tractors to start with cowwbboy and 100hc, and when you get them done they are great tractors to use

have fun and enjoy

Paul,

The job you made of that 5288 is absolutely top notch mate, very impressed indeed. Where or who did the upholstery for you? I need some upholstering or new stuff sorted out for my girls and I was gobsmacked when I seen how tidy your work was. Or, can I send my ladies down to you to sort out? :P

Cheers, Eddie

Hello Eddie,

Thanks it took some doing! The roof trim was a bit fiddley but the rest was pretty easy to do. Transforms it though. The interior came from Ken Updike at Carter and Gruenewald in Brooklyn WI. The XL cab have plenty of suppliers of trim etc. TractorpartsUK have a fair bit of XL stuff and are good to deal with have heard another firm isn't so good. Aye could do them next winter if you like ha ha!

Thanks,

Paul

Hello Eddie,

Thanks it took some doing! The roof trim was a bit fiddley but the rest was pretty easy to do. Transforms it though. The interior came from Ken Updike at Carter and Gruenewald in Brooklyn WI. The XL cab have plenty of suppliers of trim etc. TractorpartsUK have a fair bit of XL stuff and are good to deal with have heard another firm isn't so good. Aye could do them next winter if you like ha ha!

Thanks,

Paul

Ahaaaaa Mr Stephenson, I spotted a 5288 that looked like yours on the tinternet a day or 2 ago and today lo and behold I find an article from Classic Tractor, very nice work indeed sir :)

Eddie

Yes Eddie, its spelt Stevenson, although in Red Power it said Stevens, cheers, thinking of maybe getting another to keep it company!!

Paul

Before and after

post-63696-0-00569600-1362073209_thumb.j

post-63696-0-74780600-1362073251_thumb.j

post-63696-0-58788700-1362073365_thumb.j

post-63696-0-29807200-1362073464_thumb.jpost-63696-0-96228300-1362073501_thumb.j

Here is my 3 year and 2 month Farmall F12 restoration project. Electric start and the P & O 90 mounted plow are a couple of unique features on this tractor. You can see most of the restoration at shutterfly at the following link: http://f121936tractor.shutterfly.com/ the passord is "F12" and is case sensitive.

thanks for looking!

Great looking F12! I really like the plow with it!

This is my wide front Farmall M. I have it running. I still need a few missing parts yet. I still need to do seals and gaskets in the back end and fit some rear tyres. I have a friend that has given me a set of used tyres. I have a stainless exhaust I have made up for it. When I have finished the mechanical I will clean it down and paint it. I have just got a set of rear mudguards from the USA for my tractor. I made the extension plates. You don't see these on Aussie Farmall M tractors. I am thinging of putting dual wheels on this tractor. I would like to do a bit of tractor pulling at the show's with it when it is finished.

post-71499-0-55415400-1362654446_thumb.j

This is my wide front Farmall M. I have it running. I still need a few missing parts yet. I still need to do seals and gaskets in the back end and fit some rear tyres. I have a friend that has given me a set of used tyres. I have a stainless exhaust I have made up for it. When I have finished the mechanical I will clean it down and paint it. I have just got a set of rear mudguards from the USA for my tractor. I made the extension plates. You don't see these on Aussie Farmall M tractors. I am thinging of putting dual wheels on this tractor. I would like to do a bit of tractor pulling at the show's with it when it is finished.

attachicon.gifIMG_0380.JPG

Cannot wait to see what she looks like when she is done "mate". ;)

Yeh should be good when I am finished. I have alos added an extra air cleaner a put double headlights on the light bar. I now have one rear tyre fitted and I am looking for wide front steering rod parts if anyone can help.

Aussie , was that a yellow paint originally like on a industrial unit ?

No, I was owned by the local council and it was set up on a creek with a pump to fill their water tanks. Everything in the councils here used to allways get painted yellow. It also has a numer on the grill and bonnet that is just readable. It was stenciled on with black paint. I bough this of a friend of mine that collects massey fergusons. He told me that this tractor got submeged in a flood years ago when the council owned it and the fully rebulit the tractor. I found this was true when I got the tractor started. It had sat for years and didn't even blow smoke.

have you thought about restoring it to those colors and have it look like they had it?

I think it would look cool, but thats just my opinion

and what is with the two air filters?