FarmallFan

Post your Projects Here!

Part 21 thru 26 are now uploaded. I'm well into the power steering gear. Not going to list every link, but here is a link to Part 26:

Started changing gauges in a 560 gas wheatland, and when I opened the CNH box it has no IH on it at all. Is their any gauages made anymore that look original for a replacement. If it matters it Stewart Warner verison.

I restored this Super H in 2006. I purchased it from my uncle in 2003 IIRC. He and his Dad bought the tractor new in 1957. It is a 1953 model, but it sat unsold on the dealer lot for 4 years. It has the original tires on it and was in very good condition when I bought it.

Picture_0393.jpg

Picture_0396.jpg

Picture_0397.jpg

Picture_0400.jpg

Picture_0401.jpg

DSC00279.jpg

DSC00276.jpg

DSC_0248.jpg

man!! i love the pic with the lights on ! i wish mine looked like that

DSC00275.jpg

The last picture of the Super H looks so red I think you could taste it . haha

#15 IH Potato Digger

BEFORE

post-64647-0-86797300-1345483612_thumb.j

#15 IH Potato Digger

AFTER

post-64647-0-93392300-1345483836_thumb.j

very nice, I didn't even know IH made a digger.

enjoy

Before and After

post-42903-0-63716600-1345485155_thumb.j

nice 504,I love to see people bringing back these old tractors and equipment

love the duals

nice 504,I love to see people bringing back these old tractors and equipment

love the duals

Ive got a Flail mower that Im working on to put under it kinda like the picture below.

post-42903-0-18543400-1345558285_thumb.j

I restored this Super H in 2006. I purchased it from my uncle in 2003 IIRC. He and his Dad bought the tractor new in 1957. It is a 1953 model, but it sat unsold on the dealer lot for 4 years. It has the original tires on it and was in very good condition when I bought it.

Picture_0393.jpg

Picture_0396.jpg

Picture_0397.jpg

Picture_0400.jpg

Picture_0401.jpg

DSC00279.jpg

DSC00276.jpg

DSC_0248.jpg

man!! i love the pic with the lights on ! i wish mine looked like that

DSC00275.jpg

The last picture of the Super H looks so red I think you could taste it . haha

Nice job on that Super H!

Just joined the forum, so I figured I'd post my current projects:

1946 A: restored (that's me sitting on it by the way)

IMG_0984.jpg

1962 Farmall 504 Diesel: (using my grandpa's H to pull it off the trailer - didn't run at the time)

IMG_1421.jpg

And the more recent purchase, a 1951 Super C: (ignore the old Craftsman mower next to the barn)

2012-07-30_16-29-49_156.jpg

Hi, my name Dale Cook, an i farm in southwestern Ont., Canada.

I've always wanted to restore some older tractors from the 60's 70's time era, in the 100+ hp. range, so it started 2yrs ago with the purchase of a friends 65' Farmall 1206, ( he's 82 an started developing alzhiemers an dimentia, so the family decided to sell off the machinery) this fellow was a major influence in getting me started farming, so i was going to buy that 1206 no matter what, since then i've bought a 66' International 1206 wheatland version, which came out of western Minn., a 69' Allis Chalmers 220, from southern Ind. and from an uncles estate, a 55' super H.

They are all in pretty good condition, my intention is to bring them back to as good or better than the day they came of the line, so the first one we tackled was the 66' wheatland version, since it had a weak engine an poor t/a. This tractor was stripped down completly, except the rear end, everything was laying on the floor, every nut an bolt saved except 18,completly new wiring harness, rewired from the light switch to relays in order to take the load of the switch,now we can run a lot more lights, everything stripped of paint, every moving part inspected, repaired, rebuilt or replaced with IH parts, not aftermarket, every seal, every gasket, every bearing, every linkage an pin, then everything repainted piece by piece,it's still the original solar turbo, which you can't rebuild an we still have the original IH stamed key switch, minimum of 2 coats primer, 3 coats 2150 IH red, 935 IH cream, an 2 to 3 coats of clear coat hardener.

I'm not sure how i can get pictures on here though because of file sizehttp://www.facebook.com/dale.cook.77you'll have to login to facebook to see them. go to june of 2012

Thanks for now : Dale

PS: for the Reaper 66' model I 1206D s/n 8192 s-y

65' model F 1206D s/n 7605 s-y

Thanks Dale, we had your wheatland listed to a member on here named "Woods" in MN, then to Cory Rudnicki, the next in line 8191 was sold on ebay in Moholl ND.

Thanks for 7605, previous, 7604 in salvage somewhere in IL., 7603 is in Brooklyn IA. 7602 is in Glidden IA. 7600 in Hunington OH.

Your welcome Reaper, not sure if you we're able to get to my pictures. I bought the wheatland version from Matt Damman, of Lested Praire, MN.,he bought it from a machinery jockey that supposedly bought it from an estate in ND. thats all i know of its history yet.I'd be nice to trace it back to the original owner, thanks for now an keep up your great work.

I just watched installment 29 of your project. For future reference, might I suggest using either a hose clamp or even a zip tie to set the correct speed of your drill?

I just watched installment 29 of your project. For future reference, might I suggest using either a hose clamp or even a zip tie to set the correct speed of your drill?

Thanks! that would have been a good work around, but since I had the variac there I figured I'd use it. Also, it was nice to just flip a toggle switch to shut the "poor man's lathe" on and off.

Steve.