Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Case 7210 and 2188 Owner

Case Magnum 7210 fault code 4. and C.

Iv got a few fault codes showing on my Magnum and they are all seemingly to do with the 3 point linkage. I'm sure one of the issues is to do with the potentiometer (the one under the cab, not in) but I'm not to sure what the others are.

Also, the diagnostics window only shows one code at a time, currently showing 4. I think it has other errors but how dose the tractor decide witch one to show you?

The fault codes I have seen so far are.....

S

C

Would be great to get some expertise on this and if any one has a link to a error/fault code book that would also be very helpful.

Thanks

Some of the owner's manuals for the Magnums listed the hitch fault codes, some did not.

The "8" should come on when the machine is first turned on; its not really a fault code, but indicates the hitch system is going through a self-test during power up.

The "4" indicates a failure in the lamp circuit. Usually indicates the orange light beside the hitch lever has a bad bulb.

An upper case "C" indicates a failure in the upper limit circuit. The upper limit circuit is part of the display where the codes come from. Might wanna check to see if the circuit panel is all plugged in on the bottom side of it.

Just an upper case "S" indicates both draft pin sensors have failed. If its an "S" followed by a "1", that indicates the RH draft sensor has failed; an "S" followed by a "0" indicates the LH sensor has failed.

Hope this helps and good luck.

I also have a case 7210 that comes up with a fault code I can't figure out. I did all the diagnostics as you described as the blue wire on all the potentiometer have alitte resistance to ground. Only .275 to .499k. I can use the lift arms with the up down button or button on back but when I move the lever for the arms it stops working and code p comes up. Case tech was there for 6 hours and don't know what is wrong with it yet. I need some help on how to fix my self. Thanks

Is a fault code that appears like a 5 really an S. My 7130 has this and I thought it was the hitch pins. Am I correct?

I've got an MX120 Maxxum that the three-point hitch can quit working on and give a "P" code if I don't keep the rocker switch in the "Lower" position, but I don't use the rocker switch anyway.

if you have a bad draft sensing pin and a good one, hycapacity has a plug that you can unhook the bad one and it will use the good draft pin. i have never used one.

Got 2 bad pins

If you don't need draft control you can bypass both pins.

my 7210 gives more hitch problems than my 7110 and 7140 combined but it is always a easy fix. have had the potetioemeter need adjusted a couple of times and then the bulb burnt out once and several times it has gotten out of time with the lift assist cylinder and I just have to bleed the excess oil out of it. I try to not raise my hitch quite as high as it will go and it has given a lot less problems.

this summer when cultivating with a IHC 170 6 row monitor I went across the top end of a ditch irrigated field and when I got to the other side of where I had cultivated I pushed the button and nothing happened and come to find out it had gotten out of time and I had to bleed some oil off. Even had to show the operator how to do it as it did it several times.

Except for this hitch problem this has been by far the best of the 3 magnums. I have 6000 hours on it and it has only had a shift sensor replaced on top of the transmission, overflow tank and water pump but I purchased this one new

• av-100.jpg?_r=0
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 3,452 posts

Posted Today, 04:10 PM

SNERLAND, on 05 Aug 2015 - 3:59 PM, said:snapback.png

Got 2 bad pins

Growing Old Is No Excuse For Growing Up

"Yet people are considered to be "educated" after they have spent so many years in ivy-covered buildings, absorbing the preconceptions that prevail there."
Thomas Sowell

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.

"When people get used to preferential treatment, equal treatment seems like discrimination"

Thomas Sowell

I have a constant S code and I just ignore it.

What do you mean by "bypass" ?

• av-100.jpg?_r=0
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 3,452 posts

Posted Today, 04:10 PM

SNERLAND, on 05 Aug 2015 - 3:59 PM, said:snapback.png

Got 2 bad pins

Growing Old Is No Excuse For Growing Up

"Yet people are considered to be "educated" after they have spent so many years in ivy-covered buildings, absorbing the preconceptions that prevail there."

Thomas Sowell

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.

"When people get used to preferential treatment, equal treatment seems like discrimination"

Thomas Sowell

I have a constant S code and I just ignore it.

What do you mean by "bypass" ?

Use two of the hy capacity draft pin sensor bypass plugs.

The hitch controller needs to see a 5 volt return reference from the draft pins, as long as that voltage is present the controller thinks everything is okay and there is no draft load. No faults and the hitch will raise up and down.

If you use the tractor to pull a heavy draft hitch mounted implement that requires draft control then at least one functioning pin must be present.