Sign in to follow this  
TroyDairy

life in our corner

5 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Worse is out feeder is off for few days.  But its worked out fine.  Luis was training a new milker so he had extra time to help chores.  Brother fed, dads came at 5 not 7 to get calves n fresh cows.  Tomorrow I was going to feed but brother wont let me.  Wants me to rest 1 more day since Monday is busy day with bedding and vet check.  I dont think i have ever been out this long.

Be glad your operation is smooth enough for you to be able to be forced to sit out a week and still function....

Feel better....

7 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Worse is out feeder is off for few days.  But its worked out fine.  Luis was training a new milker so he had extra time to help chores.  Brother fed, dads came at 5 not 7 to get calves n fresh cows.  Tomorrow I was going to feed but brother wont let me.  Wants me to rest 1 more day since Monday is busy day with bedding and vet check.  I dont think i have ever been out this long.

Sounds like your coming along,  but I understand about being down so long.   It just isn't natural

Nothing good about a back injury. Let it heal slowly Troy, it’s kinda an important part of your body.... 

Tomorrow morn going to try chores.  Slowly ;)

Think be ok, alot of improvement last 3 days.

1 hour ago, TroyDairy said:

Hope it goes well, be careful 

Sorry to hear this Troy , Go slow !

Usually bad back sprains and muscle hurts take six weeks minimum.

Be careful not to take too many Advil's in a day.  I am speaking from when I hurt my back in 2005 , On 4th of July that year I was hurting so much the only thing that helped was Advil , I took 4200 MG's one day.

my stomach has never been same , lot of issues.

I found that going in for a Toradol  shot  every few days helped a lot eventually after physical therapy and any thing and everthing  it keped being inflamed , so Doc gave me a Epidural shot which is novacane and steroid into inflamed area. series of three shots every three weeks.

Its been 17 years and God Willing no more pain or difficulties .

Remember Troy as young as you are you are not as young as you once where!  Sounds like a country song but its a stark realization.

Take care of yourself because you have lot of good years ahead of you.

Prayers that you heel back to normal.

Tony

10 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

take it slow.....

I am just feeding since our guy is off today fpr a preplanned trip.  So far so good 

20171204_053942.jpg

Please take it easy. This is coming from an old man who has had three back surgeries over the years because he thought he was invincible when he was young. Don't be a hero.

Dennis

Take care of yourself and take it extra cautious today climbing in and out of the equipment

Today just about 100%, didn't do much work.  Well......made the deal, bought 240 cows and 190 heifers today from retiring gentleman.   Going to get some close springers and dry cows tomorrow.  He wants them gone by 20th.  Busy busy now...have to get uncle place going asap.  Kinda seat of pants now, have to get things set up.  Pray lease for robots finalizes this week like we were implied.  We've been here before.  Work on a deal, think things goin good then.....just get a "feeling" an decide to back away.  God better yell soon. ..no "feeling" yet. ☺☺  Uncle is real tight, he did fine milking, when times were good invested off farm in slow n safe stuff.  40 years later has nice egg, no debt, stupid more loose nephews paying him good rent.  I dropped off the rent and told him cows be back in couple weeks.  His eyes got big, he'll have fun at the coffee shop.☺  Had a old farmer tell me I was young enough to go broke and be fine. ......let's hope. Been told we were wrong before....ended up just fine.  Praying for wisdom and serenity.  Pray for a high cull prices....the world needs to beef some milk cows.  Word from ID is several non-coop shippers have had contracts not renewed or 50%.  Other plants are full and they have no home for milk.  So they may get a contract for 3000 of their 6000 milking.....hear the slaughter plants are backed up.  Going to be a tight winter in the NW.  Let's hope the weather is good.

11 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

Today just about 100%, didn't do much work.  Well......made the deal, bought 240 cows and 190 heifers today from retiring gentleman.   Going to get some close springers and dry cows tomorrow.  He wants them gone by 20th.  Busy busy now...have to get uncle place going asap.  Kinda seat of pants now, have to get things set up.  Pray lease for robots finalizes this week like we were implied.  We've been here before.  Work on a deal, think things goin good then.....just get a "feeling" an decide to back away.  God better yell soon. ..no "feeling" yet. ☺☺  Uncle is real tight, he did fine milking, when times were good invested off farm in slow n safe stuff.  40 years later has nice egg, no debt, stupid more loose nephews paying him good rent.  I dropped off the rent and told him cows be back in couple weeks.  His eyes got big, he'll have fun at the coffee shop.☺  Had a old farmer tell me I was young enough to go broke and be fine. ......let's hope. Been told we were wrong before....ended up just fine.  Praying for wisdom and serenity.  Pray for a high cull prices....the world needs to beef some milk cows.  Word from ID is several non-coop shippers have had contracts not renewed or 50%.  Other plants are full and they have no home for milk.  So they may get a contract for 3000 of their 6000 milking.....hear the slaughter plants are backed up.  Going to be a tight winter in the NW.  Let's hope the weather is good.

Prayers ,Prayers, Prayers.

Do want you can and leave the rest in the hands of God !

Best,

Tony

7 hours ago, tony in ca. said:

Prayers ,Prayers, Prayers.

Do want you can and leave the rest in the hands of God !

Best,

Tony

X2 more wisdom from Tony

I do what I can, but I can only drink so much milk....still 3.70 a gallon here, 

2 hours ago, mader656 said:

X2 more wisdom from Tony

I burn through 4 gallons a week of milk here $1.69 a gallon for regular 2%milk.

2 hours ago, mader656 said:

X2 more wisdom from Tony

Ice cream, cheese, etc :)

Thanks for your consumption

52 minutes ago, bitty said:

Ice cream, cheese, etc :)

Thanks for your consumption

Can't forget that....ice cream to eat off going to the gym....

On 12/3/2017 at 6:30 AM, mader656 said:

Be glad your operation is smooth enough for you to be able to be forced to sit out a week and still function....

Feel better....

Great point there.  Thanks for reminding me.  We always try to set stuff up so 1 guy can do it but 2 makes life easier.  Guess it worked!  Trying to get organized.  Having Luis, main guy, do some of our chores.  Dads 71, he is starting to show.  We've had him hammering a lot of nails working on old barn making calving area.  We've had meetings and apts etc trying to get stuff layed out and year end stuff.  So said either we need to do more of his stuff or Luis does.  And....with 3 places we'll have more to do overall.

Prayers All works out for you Troy !  Yeh, Dad 71 , He must be Dutch Tuff.:ph34r:  I am 72 and Bob won't say it but I can tell if I worked at his shop when he was working , I WOULD OF BEEN FIRED A LONG TIME AGO . Portuguese think they are tuff but reality shows . :lol:

I have had several dairy friends my age tell me when we were younger , that they never appreciated how much their elderly Dads did around the Dairy till they were gone.

My friend and relative Jerry in Dairy business.  We started Farming about same time in the late 60's . He always said," my Dad comes out tells me what I am doing wrong and takes calves to sales barn and goes fishing and drives me crazy sometimes !" When He died ,Jerry several months later told me , "I CANNOT BELIEVE ALL THE STUFF MY 78 YEAR OLD DAD DID AROUND HERE. all the crap I did not have time for ! and most of all I did not have to second guess myself because Dad always let me know what I was doing wrong.

He is 74 and I am 72 and we still say Darn we miss our Dads.

Tony

Starting to feel that here.  My mom is roo stubborn to quit nursing at the nursing homen. Some day they are going to ask her to ly down in onw of the beds and shell be check in !  Dad would love to travel and do some mission stuff.  Went to NM 5 years ago, Africa 9...loved helping.  Seeing new stuff and accompanying things.  He never says were doing much wrong.  Grumble he didnt get much done since he was alone working on something.  2 guys do 3x the work he always says than 1.  But he never says, your nuts, quietly supports i suppose.  Figures we haven't missed a payment  (he has several contemporaries whos boys rarely make payments even) and keep moving so figure leave well enough alone.  Said what our plan was and grabbed a hammer and ladder and went to tearing old hay loft out.  Don't fish,  hunt, golf, sports aint big deal, travel, coffee shop, or nothing.  He just always has worked.  Was going to go in with gpa after Vietnam.  Served as a CeeBee in 67 68.  Came home worked construction.  Built freestall barn, parlor went from 30 to 65 head in '69 (iirc) with grandpa.  Then after getting married in 72 mom and gma had a quiet "deal" and moms dad really recommend they may not wanna do it.  So they back out right before getting married in sept.  Gpa died in Oct of leukemia and uncle at 18 just started working.  He ended up with farm.  Dad worked for moms dad in dairy construction for 4 5 years then...had cruddy day.  Came in the house and told mom "we're buying that place on pangborn, I've had enough of this".  He is not a people manager.....if you cant read his mind you dont know what's going on.  Then if it aint right your in hot water!  We get it but if it was wise he always did everything by himself.  No milkers or help ever.  Him and mom then us.  76 to 98 and we came in.  I better find a nice Christmas gift!  

20171205_150607.jpg

Sigh,  nothing else to spemd money on....

20171209_101848.jpg

1 hour ago, jass1660 said:

Think of it as a tax “deduction”

Just what i dont need unfortunately....

Right after my last post my bil text me he is upset i grabbed his son and had my girl give him a "kid punch" after he and friend wingged pine cones at her cornered in the church flower bed.  She gots a nice bruise right on he breast bone😡.  I walk out of church she is balling and nephew and friend were laughing.  I said WTH?  She pointed said he did it.  Grabbed friend by neck (13 yo...not even hard enough to leave red) and said "well if your picking on a kid 1/2 your side she now can sock your nose".  Nephew backs away....girls all "no no no it was HIM".  "Ok sorry kid" grab nephew by neck and tell girl "here sock him."  She kinda kid socks him but i wanted to toss him across the parking lot.  Get in car she still crying.  He knows exactly how to twist her.  And we've resorted to just telling her to stay away.  Other parents including nieces say hes a bullybat school.  And my Christian self hate this but IMO the best cure for bully in America is a sock in the nose or kick in the nuts.  Listened to R Lee Emery (Gunny the drill srgt) on radio talking about subject yesterday.  Here is deal, i KNOW if i went in to party and asked bil to come out there would be no result.  They let him run their home.  "Hes the best....fill in the blank", is all bil talks about.  Not sure he notices 2 daughters or little son who try for attention.  Wife agreed...but thought maybe could of did better.  I could of.  I am so sick of every fam thing hearing, "he did x and y".  13 yo jerk....other parents agree.  Always told your bettwr and specialer what you expect.  So in the model of un masculine my bil text me 2 page deal how better conflict ideas, going to tell the dad of friend and blah.  

1. Dad, went to school with.  Limp wristed is best description.   Nice but not exactly striking fear.  He does help coach other girls bball team his daughter is on.  I'll sit next to him at practice...😉  IF he says anything i will frankly say your son apologize for throwing things a my younger half his size girl and then i still wont.  If i had a belt id of considered using it.  I will not apolo for stopping/correcting bad behavior.

2. In his msg never notes 2 older bigger boys were (i got witnesses) hucking cones at my girl.  So i know what he heard.

3. Conflict resolution.... ok.  Why does your son think its appropriate to huck pine cones at ANY other kids?  See bully part above.

I instantly, like a adult (mad one) called him back.  I should of waited a hour.... i stearnly said in a message (could not wait should of...again i shouldnt of .) 'big shock you dont answer......' and said 'we've had enough and not only ones who've.  Asked why i am judged for stopping stupid behavior and keep that lil crap away from my girls.  And to stop texting me like a nancy.  And to go right ahead and tell other dad.  I want to ask him why his boy feels throwing things at little girls is ok."

Ahhhhhhh Worse is Other niece who is older said she seen it and dont wanna "testify" since she'll hear it a school from him.  Always this BIL and sister making some drama.  Every year at least 2x this happens.  Almost more mad b/c he gets under my skin and basically wins.  Same as his kid does to my girl.  Ahhhh....so stupid.  Every fam has someone it seems like.  My brothers handle it/him better but its my girl whom is his go to to pick on.  If hed call like a adult and said "hey what happened today?  Like to hear whole deal"  Not 1x mentions "you grabbed kid hurting your kid"

I know i am wrong being mad and telling kid to punch him but....I am right too.  

Sorry, yelling inside, writing cools flames a bit 

Man I don't want to trade places with you....

Prayers for some guidance for you and the others involved

Sounds like the kids parents need to give him a good old fashion butt kickn.....

2 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Sounds like the kids parents need to give him a good old fashion butt kickn.....

They wont.  His dad the bil  is a only child and his parent worship him.  Creapy...like.  this boy is pretty good athlete and his going to X college to play X and then maybe nba or nfl.  His dad thinks.  Best way to get though school he says.  No....its called scholarships for community and academic achivement. 

But as my girl is crying from his actions he stands there laughing.  When i grabbed him laughing.  No fear at all of consequences since never is any since he is special.  Fear and Pain, #1 and 2 motivators for correcting behavior.  I should of said something to the bil, but was trying to leave and didnt feel like calling across a room of 60 people visiting.  He'd done nothing anyway.  Ugghh