Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tcmtech

-28F this morning. Who's had it worse and where this winter?

I don't think there are too many populated places on this planet that can say they can have a 70 degree temperature rise overnight and still be below freezing the next day. ^_^

Sorry, you got me beat by more than a few degrees. Had 44 degrees here today, supposed to be close to 50 for the next couple of days..

To help even it out for you in the NH.

We had +45C today, with more to come.

John Walker and cricket - Maybe 5-0 is possible after today, but on previous form our side is being referred to as the Improbables.

More interesting that I've had two vintage small indusrial diesels at work on nodding donkey type water bore pumps today. Both local production water cooled. One a 1940 Southern Cross YC (7hp). The other a 1955 Kelly and Lewis 5hp VEB. Neither seemed to notice the temperature wrt oil pressure and coolant. Our one from UK is a 1948 Petter AV1 that spent 1948 - 1962 on a home lighting plant, then various chores, owes us an injector nozzle and still runs.

A friend had a big Lister on his home electrical plant that racked up 58,000 hours before he got on the wire. Which out here is SWER - single wire earth return

Ian: Boy that is hot. For those not familiar with Centigrade that is 113 F degrees. Are you somewhere in what Slim Dusty called the Outback?

It is the extreme and rapid changes that get me. 24 hours ago it was right close to the thawing mark of 32F. Right now it is -20 with a serious wind chill factor. It was a "sundog morning" here. :(

Similar change here as well. Yesterday topped out 40 F sunny and light wind.

This morning at 6 AM it was 22 then hit 0 at noon and is dropping fast heading for -20's again to night.

At least I got the boiler system connected to the house again yesterday so heating this old place is nearly free again. B)

George 2

Yes, we qualify as outback. Somewhat east of Charleville Queensland. Slim certainly knew about it - an amazing man.

Saw +49C (120F)on the front verandah just now. Outside work started very early today in anticipation.

And the power went off last night and only came back on about half an hour ago. I was expecting to have to cart water for cattle as the troughs are on an electric pump, but the high tank we filled yesterday managed by gravity to keep up to them.