Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mike_newman

--picking up the windrows--

post-157-1125252774.jpgpost-157-1125252625.jpgpost-157-1125252476.jpgpost-157-1125252315.jpg

---This is picking up the accumulated debris--plastic--soda cans --you name it, it floats in from the Atlantic Ocean---plus the "turtle grass"--which, after the frequent storms, etc, is flung up on the beach, in huge long windrows

The beaches are kept clean, this way, the other option being the local lads, with wheelbarrows, and rakes etc-----the enthusiasim levels for this , are lower than normal---ie zero---hence the new machine---this is just for the immediate area, near that bloody ugly shed thing, on right of pic.---that is where I live, whilst working here

Apparently, some local "boys", are to be trained to operate this outfit---that will provide some interesting photos----their ability to wreck anything, machinery related, defies belief

Mike

Finally, I get to see one of those machines up close. I allways heard of those things cleaning beeches, but I never saw one. Thanks for the pictures Mike.

Thanks for the pics Mike, I'd trade you places to live for a while if you'd like. Looks like paradise to me. :D

Who would have ever thought they had such things. Very interesting! Thanks for the photos, Mike!

We have those , beaches can be a real mess after even a minor storm blows in. damn seaweed is horrid stuff when it starts to heat up! As for trash it's mostly minor, seaweed is the big pain. If a ship wrecks off shore, boy can some strange stuff come in :blink: huge jelly fish and a dolphin or two in major storms. Driftwood can be really pretty and stones worn by the sand and waves. Love walking on the beach, bare foot, sand and water lapping at your feet and the sound of the waves, fresh salt air coming in off the sea, very relaxing. .........Pass on working it it though thanks!