Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magnum starts and dies.

7130 starts and dies several times when you crank it up after it sets awhile. Once you get it going though it don't act up again the rest of the day. Noticed today the dash say ACC when the key is in the run position when it acts up. Don't know if it was the other times or not. Could the key switch be bad?

I would check the fuel shutoff solenoid on the injection pump.

ACC usually means cab power solinoid is bad. another thing a guy could check is the cab power stud located behind the panel on the right hand side of the cab.

It is the solenoid in the cab. DO NOT BUY ONE FROM CNH. They are junk!!!

Mike

Mike is right, don't buy anything electrical from case ih call select parts in Sioux city Iowa, I use them and it seems there stuff is quality.

The start up and stall is just the same as mine did years ago. It was the fuel shut off solenoid at the fuel pump that was the problem . I do hear a lot of comments about this cab solenoid though. So far mine has not given a problem at 6600 hours. Maybe just a matter of time?

So how can I troubleshoot them? That accessory thing in the dash is what has me confused. If it matters, this one has the newer style shutoff solenoid.

Start at the battery and clean all the connections from there to the one on the front of the cab , starter, the stud under the right front corner of the cab . Be careful on the one under the cab or you will break it off, it goes through the floor feeding power into the cab . If you have any of those replacement ends on you battery cables the buy new cables or put those solder or crimp type ends on .

For trouble shooting just unplug the the wire to the injection pump solenoid and on the tractor side one wire gets hot when you crank it and when you let off the key to the run position the other wire gets hot , the third wire is a ground. You can get this solenoid from Cummins just give them your engine sn# and you will save $$$

Danny

get the air hose and slide the rubber boot back and blow the heck out of it. Lasted that way for about a year on my 7110 and then finally had to purchase a new one. I see they are a lot cheaper on ebay but I needed the tractor and did not have the time to wait. Just my 2 cents

Well, I think I figured it out. When tractor acts up there is no cab blower and dash reads ACC when key is in run position and engine is off. When it starts cab blower works and dash reads 0 RPM when key is in run and engine is off. So I took the panel off the RH side of cab and got the ACC to come on the readout and shorted cab solenoid and had cab blower, O rpms and when I cranked it the engine started and stayed running.

Thanks for all the help guys.

That is usually were it is. Put a prestolite on DO NOT put one from an auto parts store or CNH one on they are junk. I have them on hand if you need it.

Mike

Thanks Mike. I will give you a call Monday.