Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mpower29

Farmall M Drawbar For Pulling

29 posts in this topic

Hi: I am not a tractor pulling expert, but I do know a bit of basic physics. The point of your pulling pin gives the height from the ground, and the distance from the centre of the rear axle. It does not matter how you get to this hitch point. For example, if you weld the swinging drawbar solidly to the "hoop" drawbar, and then remove the front pivot pin from the swinging drawbar, will the tractor pull any differently? CardaleBob.

I was thinking that at first, but technically they are not the same. Since the bar can slide on the hoop, it does exert some pull from the forward attachment point. The geometry gets a bit complicated.

I have pulled probably 10 different sleds of all different styles and cardale you are right about using the swinging drawbar and removing the pin at the pivot point under the belly of the tractor....same concept as our pulling hitch. I have had good results on ALL of the sleds I have pulled using this pulling hitch we made. To me it is the cheapest easiest way to be successful on a Farmstock tractor! Keeps the tractor almost 100% stock hitch wise.

Hi: I am not a tractor pulling expert, but I do know a bit of basic physics. The point of your pulling pin gives the height from the ground, and the distance from the centre of the rear axle. It does not matter how you get to this hitch point. For example, if you weld the swinging drawbar solidly to the "hoop" drawbar, and then remove the front pivot pin from the swinging drawbar, will the tractor pull any differently? CardaleBob.

I was thinking that at first, but technically they are not the same. Since the bar can slide on the hoop, it does exert some pull from the forward attachment point. The geometry gets a bit complicated.

What if you bolted it solid so it didn't move? (or if you use it like 99% of us and lock it in place with a couple bolts)

What if you bolted it solid so it didn't move? (or if you use it like 99% of us and lock it in place with a couple bolts)

It should be the same....haven't tried that yet but as long as it's not pulling from the belly of the tractor it should have the same affect.