Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ernest

Gotta be rare. IH 574 with a TA.

15 posts in this topic

Ugly lol ! I was never much for the utility style!

When you`re hanging on a PA hillside, you appreciate that style.

They also think its a 1990! The T/A was an option on the 574/674 and the 84 series as well. Not the most robust units and not uncommon to find them deleted.

Might be handy enough

FIL had one with a loader on it for years. Handiest tractor for all the odd jobs. That tractor was used more than any other on the farm. Had to have chains on back in the winter though.

That is a Canadian build 574. Notice the different fenders, straight axle and 30 inch rear tires. The US 574 build was dual lights on the fenders, swept back axle, and 28 inch rear tires. Only the row crop US 574 had the straight front axle.

That is a Canadian build 574. Notice the different fenders, straight axle and 30 inch rear tires. The US 574 build was dual lights on the fenders, swept back axle, and 28 inch rear tires. Only the row crop US 574 had the straight front axle.

574's are Doncaster tractors, most of the ones you see around here have row crop axles, 30" rims and sometimes 38's with 28's used with the sweptback front axle.

TA and Hydro were both available on that series.

Both covered in the SR man I have.

Small nimble and reliable series.

Larger version of our 464.

Hydro was not available in The US spec. 5/674 The 2500 industrials had hydros but not the farm tractors. I don't think the T/A was available in US spec. tractors also. The 666 or hydro 70 was the smallest hydro available in the same time period until the hydro 84 came along. In Canada you could get a hydro and maybe a T/A. Eason

Eason:

I have seen several 574s with T/A in Canada (Canadian build spec). I have also seen a few late model ones with a Hydro transmission. I have also seen one very late 1977 model with MFD front axle. I think it was a ZF setup. These were all Canadian build spec tractors. The UK build spec usually had 13.6-38 rear tires on Sankey wheels & rims. They also had a cab safety frame in the UK build spec. I have seen US build spec, Canadian build spec and UK build spec tractors here in Ontario. The UK build spec tractors were likely imported used. The US and Canadian build spec tractors came in new. The gassers and row crop models were all US build spec tractors in Canada

George I agree with you. Canada got different options than US. I'm not saying the US didn't get T/A and hydro but I've never seen either in a US spec tractor. Why IH did that I don't know. Eason

Eason: I think stateside there was a greater push to keep the cost down due to intense competition in this horsepower segment of the market. As such, these low volume options were deleted to keep the overhead down (training of mechanics and salesmen, parts, etc). I think they had a bigger share of the market in eastern Canada and this allowed the greater overhead..

Dad had a 574 when I was a kid, traded a 2030jd for it, that was the handiest thing I've ever ran.16.9/30 rubber with fluid,no ta,straight axle,synchro speed trans,just an awesome little tractor.that little sucker would plow through mud with a 5x12 Kelly Ryan feed wagon like no other.

When you`re hanging on a PA hillside, you appreciate that style.
Hopefully i wont ever be on a PA hillaide MTO! Lol