Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cornhusker

What do you use to roll your yard with?

9 posts in this topic

Neat!

Pretty nice machine you got there, don't see many of those around!

I use a core areator, why do y'all roll your yards? I need to loosen my yard and sure don't want to compact it. Whatever the reason for rolling it it is working for you cause the grass looks like a fairway!! I bet it was fun rolling it with that, a little seat time is always good. Tractor looks as good as the grass.

We use prunes to loosen our yard! :) No, really we roll our yard due to the freezing and the thawing because it heaves the ground up. Also ground moles. We mow with a zero turn mower and it makes the ride nicer. Then tend to ride rough at times although we love them.

I mow with a 1973 149 cub cadet, but I don't have to mow much area and it does not do as good a job as a z turn. I figured the frost was the reason, yours sure looks good. We are lucky if the ground freezes 6" down, heck I am not sure it froze more than the surface this year! We only put our water lines 24" in the ground.

Nice 12 and welcome to the forum! Do you have the spikes that go on the rears? You could multitask and aerate the lawn while you roll it! Looks like a perfect job for that little rig!

Looks sweet!! That's the rig I need!

That tractor is groovy. Like the pics and nice looking lawn.