IH__COLLECTOR

wheres the transtar talk at?

My grandpa drove trucks for over 60 years, started in a R-190. Ended in a S1700 which he owns. The truck he swears by is the truck he drove for Gibbs Die-Casting. 400 BC Cummins 13 speed 4.56 rear ends. He said it would run 75 up hill down hill around a curve didn't matter. I remember riding with him in a Peterbilt with a Cat, he wasn't a fan he said it never shifted right, but what Caterpillar does at 2,000 RPM. He loved that old Gibbs cabover though they sold it out from under him and closed the trucking side though. He retired from Gibbs as a Foreman sat at home for 6 mo went back OTR for a few years retired again 2 months later we were taking the sides off of the ol S1700 IH so he could haul pallets. He gave that up 3 years ago, and drove for farmers during harvest, this was his first year not driving a truck, but during harvest he could tell you what farmer what color of truck what kind what kinda trailer and how many times he passed. It was sad to watch but he gets his S1700 when he can.

I personally want a 4300 conventional with a flatop, 3406B and a 15 speed.

We just bought an International 1984 4370 today. We will be restoring it to take our antique tractors to the shows.

We just bought an International 1984 4370 today. We will be restoring it to take our antique tractors to the shows.

post-77390-0-55396900-1457896398.gif

post-115870-0-92341300-1458254574_thumb.post-115870-0-17380600-1458254588_thumb.

Sorry, had to remember how to post pictures.

Nice looking ride !! Keep us updated , :)

What engine and trans??

Thanks, it has an 855 Cummins with 13 speed.

The Transtar cabovers were short on headroom the way the cab was slanted inward on top. I thought the 9600 cabovers were a more comfortable truck.

Anyone know of a salvage yard with a early 80's IH 4300 or 4200? Looking for the driver side fuel tank, wiper switch, and battery box?

Anyone know of a salvage yard with a early 80's IH 4300 or 4200? Looking for the driver side fuel tank, wiper switch, and battery box?

IHC4life

Welcome to the forum. As much trouble as we had with wiper switches when these trucks were new, Navistar may still have them available, have you checked?

I have a 1977 CO-4070 B and I think that the 4300's used the same switch.

GT&T

IHC4life

Welcome to the forum. As much trouble as we had with wiper switches when these trucks were new, Navistar may still have them available, have you checked?

I have a 1977 CO-4070 B and I think that the 4300's used the same switch.

GT&T

Thank you for the welcome. I have not checked with Navistar yet for the wiper switch. That would be great if they still carried it.

Truck is back from the blast shop. Frame and wheels are basted and painted. Just dropped it off at the painter. Will be painted IH 2150 Dupont Imron.

post-115870-0-87620100-1460394348_thumb.

Picture of the truck in the paint shop. Sorry about the picture that's turned.

post-115870-0-56379200-1463000652_thumb.

post-115870-0-66183500-1463000660_thumb.

This is what the truck looks like as of now. Some things we want to do in the future.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

image4.JPG

image5.JPG

image6.JPG

image7.JPG

Very , Very sharp :)

On 10/12/2017 at 8:01 PM, Kevingweq said:

Very , Very sharp :)

Thank you

On 10/13/2017 at 8:19 AM, IHRedDrive said:

Beautiful truck. Congratulations!

Thank you

It is the age of ridiculous and  of 60-something genders, so is that  Transtar name likely to get unwelcome attention?

I wasn`t a fan of the original yellow paint, worst 4-wheel vehicle I ever owned was a similar faded yellow.  But That is one Really Sharp truck now!  I really like the artwork on the doors.  The truck is going to attract more attention than the tractors!  Great work!

14 hours ago, Ian Beale said:

It is the age of ridiculous and  of 60-something genders, so is that  Transtar name likely to get unwelcome attention?

In this current state of everyone's offended it wouldn't surprise me. 

9 hours ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

I wasn`t a fan of the original yellow paint, worst 4-wheel vehicle I ever owned was a similar faded yellow.  But That is one Really Sharp truck now!  I really like the artwork on the doors.  The truck is going to attract more attention than the tractors!  Great work!

Thank you, the more attention to IH the better.

9 hours ago, IHC4life said:

In this current state of everyone's offended it wouldn't surprise me. 

That was my suspicion.  Hopefully it will get overlooked