IH__COLLECTOR

wheres the transtar talk at?

I believe it originally came from Dean Brennan Transport from Manitowoc, Wisconsin. Originally No. 86. One of the last trips I made to LaCrosse, Wi with it I happened to run into one of its original drivers on the interstate on my way home. He could not believe the truck was still on the road.

You can't have truck piccys without a good looking girl.......

9370.jpg

You can't have truck piccys without a good looking girl.......

9370.jpg

i knew there was a reason i liked ih's

yes.....IH class pays!!!!

real cool story when i was 8 or so my dad drove for a local company... well me and the owners grandson loved trucks and still do today... they brought a 4300 IH and a new 9300 or something like that to his house...we lived beside each other.. to play in .... he wanted the 9300 i thought good cause even back then i thought the 4300 was a better looking truck... they hooked air up to them so we could blow the horns hit the brakes and the hi low shift on the gear shift.. everytime a truck would go buy we would blow the horns and they would blow back!!!

A 4300 pulling for you......

7.jpg

The most familiar Transtar application I know of (a pumpkin truck)......it's really sad they fell to using Freightshakers now.... :wacko:

IHTranstarII24.jpg

I've always thought the 4300 was a sharp looking truck, and I'd like to find one myself someday

I have a 1974 K100 KW, It's only got 250,000 original miles on it, so it's really nice, but I'll take my 4070 any day, That 4070 is the quietest truck I have ever driven, and such a nice tight cab, it even beats my '94 379 Peterbilt.

OK, serious? I LOVE IH but I had a 4070 just like your Zach (1975 with 450000) but on tandem Hendrickson with a 13 and 325 Cummins. Tough, rough, HOT and NOISEY inside. And the utter joke of foot room was annoying at best. Friend and bothers with size 13 shoes had to drive in socks b/c they could not move their feet between petals with shoes on. Rode in buddies K100 a few times. Cadillac in the room and sound dept. Hes 6'7" and fits fine with the seat back. Cool looking trucks though, but after the accident we promptly found a T800 and I am much less stiff at the end of the 15 hour days of silage.

I have a 1974 K100 KW, It's only got 250,000 original miles on it, so it's really nice, but I'll take my 4070 any day, That 4070 is the quietest truck I have ever driven, and such a nice tight cab, it even beats my '94 379 Peterbilt.

OK, serious? I LOVE IH but I had a 4070 just like your Zach (1975 with 450000) but on tandem Hendrickson with a 13 and 325 Cummins. Tough, rough, HOT and NOISEY inside. And the utter joke of foot room was annoying at best. Friend and bothers with size 13 shoes had to drive in socks b/c they could not move their feet between petals with shoes on. Rode in buddies K100 a few times. Cadillac in the room and sound dept. Hes 6'7" and fits fine with the seat back. Cool looking trucks though, but after the accident we promptly found a T800 and I am much less stiff at the end of the 15 hour days of silage.

Mine has got A/C and it works good, I will give the KW credit for a little more leg room, I was brought up around cabovers, so I have a soft spot in my heart for them, I just really enjoy that truck. I like the doors on the 4070, they shut nice, My KW you have to slam the doors all the time and if you are lucky they will stay shut. But my KW has a VT903 Cummins in it so it is noisier than the Big Cam 290 in the 4070.

Here's a couple I spotted at Iowa 80 in 2010

post-43866-0-01813900-1366501948_thumb.j

post-43866-0-64865000-1366501972_thumb.j

One from here in NZ

post-43866-0-44222100-1366502173_thumb.j

Here's my 77 4300. Still works year round. As of January, been driving it 32 years.

095.jpg

004-1.jpg

I was partial to the old Emeryvilles and had one but ran outta money and patience maybe someday I will find one again. But If along comes a Transtar I will settle.

Yikes he is proud of that old single axle!

I could give one like this a loving home!

post-774-0-21046800-1384774246_thumb.jpg

This Eagle hasn't seen any love for a while....

post-774-0-37238600-1384774327_thumb.jpg

I know this is an old post,but I can bore you with some pictures of some old IH's I've owned.First pic is a69 CO4070A,had a 335 Cummins,13 speed direct,4.11's,with tall rubber.Truck was set up well for it's time,ran very well.Tan 4300 Eagle,I bought new in 77.350 Cummins,13 speed overdrive,4.44's.Eventually stretched the frame and put a set of Neways with SQHD 4.11's under it.Planned to put a big sleeper on it,then I found that black 4300 Eagle Broughm glider at the dealer in 84,built it in 85 with the guts from the tan one.Was young and full of energy back in those days,was a lot of work.Ran the black 4300 till 97,and bought my current truck now,It's a 95 9300 Eagle N-14 500,15 speed,with 3.91's,very nice running truck.

CCF11052011_00001.jpg

335 cummins. That was a big'in back then!! Why 4:11's? What year did they put the chrome Bessel around the headlight on the 4300? And then what year did they go to swayed head light's? My buddy has 4 4300's. They have square head lights. The oldest one is a 81 IIRC.

The 335 was a very good engine,but they ran hot,no piston coolers or aftercoolers.Ran great,but you had to keep one eye on your pyrometer,esp. out west in the higher elevations,pistons would get hot and melt down quick.The 4.11's worked good in that truck because it had a 13 speed direct,no overdrive.You split under your upper gears,not over them,pulled hard.These engines ran different in the old days,you had to keep them tached up to make power,shifting constantly.Completley different with my 9300 Cummins N-14 500.I'll go across Nebraska-Wyoming,probably shift 2 times,let it drop and lug.

The tan 4300 was one of the early Eagles.Don't remember when they went to rect. lights.Here's my current IH.

IMG-20120429-000211.jpg

Neat pics Doug! What on earth is behind that truck?

It is a 17' wide NASA Orion space capsule that I took in and out of the Washington DC Convention Center for a science show last year.