Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wortingtinfarms

Ih forage wagons

17 posts in this topic

I just recently purchased my own dairy farm and I have been trying to put together a complete line of Ih Equipment. My parents always had Ih and growing up I always liked working with it. anyway I have managed to get everything gathered up that i need with the exception of forage wagons. i am looking for 2 or 3 good ih 110 or 120 boxes. So if anyone has a few they arent using or knows where I can find some please let me know. My e mail address is worthingtinfarms@gmail.com

Thanks

we are located near rochester ny. I am willing to have them shipped to me if they"re in good shape. Most of my equipment came from the mid west.

Know where there was one sitting, owner died a few years ago, will see if its still there. it was in good shape

So what have you got gathered up for IH equipment? We like pictures here to! Welcome to the forum, always good to see another New Yorker here.

I have a 3 1086's 1 with mfwd and one tristripe I have a 445 square baler an 830 chopper, an 86 rake a 1590 hydroswing mower a 600 blower 720 plows a cyclo 800 planter ,set of 470 discs, a 415 cultimultcher, a 510 drill , and I also have a 1782 diesel cub cadet that i've had for a long time just need to find some forage boxes

Sorry no boxes here but yes we need to see some pictures. Even better pictures of your collection at work.

almost forgot one of my favorite finds a 4150 skid steer. we had a 4120 at the home farm it was a good little machine but always under powered. I found this 4150 it was a one owner machine with only 1100 original hours. it has a 4 cylinder engine and has plenty of power. anyone have much experience with ih skid steers? seems to be well built. will try and get some pictures posted soon all of the rquipment I have purchased has come from the midwest and is clean and shed kept.

took a drive by there yesterday, box is gone, she must have sold it. Try putting a want ad on craigslist up this way, sure there are some sitting around, very few wagons used anymore up here.

The last IH running gears 315 330, 335, 333, etc were rebadged Electric Wheel company wagons. I still have 3 of them, 2 of 8 ton model 330 and 1 of 12 ton 335. I have one with a flat rack and the other two have gravity boxes on them. The 335 wasn't a bad wagon in it's time but the new Horst wagons put it to shame (better steering and wider track).

Yes , Kasten built some IH chopper boxes in early '70's. Hauled 2 boxes end to end on CO 1800 rollback, a little over length, with the back box a little over half on the bed. But winch cable & chains kept them on board for the less than 100 mile trip. That style of box had a roof that tapered down from front to back of the box.

This obviously doesn't address your request to find an IH forage wagon, but I thought forum members might like to see 2 that were sold 4 years ago at SDPaul's estate auction: (one had an IH running gear, one didn't)

This obviously doesn't address your request to find an IH forage wagon, but I thought forum members might like to see 2 that were sold 4 years ago at SDPaul's estate auction: (one had an IH running gear, one didn't)

That wagon on the left. did it have a belt conveyor to unload? Instead of a cross auger or a cross chain conveyor? That would be an old wagon wouldn't it? Uncle had a pair of them but without the roof and third beater.

sid

An all-IH silage chopping rig from a recent Menno SD threshing show parade:

almost forgot one of my favorite finds a 4150 skid steer. we had a 4120 at the home farm it was a good little machine but always under powered. I found this 4150 it was a one owner machine with only 1100 original hours. it has a 4 cylinder engine and has plenty of power. anyone have much experience with ih skid steers? seems to be well built. will try and get some pictures posted soon all of the rquipment I have purchased has come from the midwest and is clean and shed kept.

ran an ih skidder for a while. wiconsin v4. nasty little engine tuat you cant kill. skidder is gone. but i still have the wico v4