Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TD18

Need radiator cap for TD-18 182 Dozer

19 posts in this topic

Can anyone help me find a replacement radiator cap for TD-18 182 Dozer? Thanks, Bobby

can you post a picture of the rad cap or the top of your rad so we know which will be the right cap.

thansk

KoO

Published Author

It is a 310 715 R91 in the parts book. Tomorrow I will take pictures for you. Thanks for the reply, Bobby

no problem, anything to keep these old cats (canadian term) running.

thansk

KoO

Published Author

I took pictures of the radiator as you requested, but I don't know how to copy and post them here. Can you help me? I dearly need a radiator cap so I can complete my job next week. Thanks, Bobby

just email me the pictures at info@kingofobsolete.ca

thansk

KoO

Published Author

Sent the pictures to your email site. Bobby

wow learned something new today. bobby's td-18 has a normal style rad cap. all of my td-18 have the flat plate rad caps.

here is a picture of bobby's rad which needs a cap.

thansk

KoO

Published Author

post-25-0-93572800-1346521945_thumb.jpg

Yeah the 182 is different. It is a regular style and should be easily available? Mine isn't close by for a measurement.

It's 4 inches across. Do you think I might be able to get it at a auto parts store? Thanks, Bobby

Can anyone help me? Thanks, Bobby

I'd try one of the Auto Parts stores especially NAPA or CarQuest, maybe others.

DWF

Thanks, Bobby

If parts stores can't help, try Cross Creek Tractor. If no luck there Winmill Equipment Co. is a Dressta dealer, and should be able to. I've gotten "unavailable" parts from both.

any luck today????

thansk

KoO

Published Author

Folks, sorry for being away so long, but have been involved in 2 refueling outages, and my daughter got married at our house (alot of honey does were required of me). I'm currently in New Orleans supporting their outage. When I get back to Arkansas in 2 months, I'll be in hot pursuit of the radiator cap. I appreciate all the feedback which ya'll provided. I'll try not to be a stranger in the future. Again, thanks for your help. Bobby

Bobby: I think a heavy diesel truck shop can set you up with it. One thing to ask the others on this board is what pressure should the cap be? Some of the old IH's had a very low pressure cap.

4 psi or so on the TD9 if I'm remembering right (that's for the one that is a pressure system)