Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

papaduck

500 reverser trans pressure

4 posts in this topic

Hello, from forum newbie. I am working on a 500 serial # 2366 with reverser. I am wondering if anyone here knows what the trans oil pressure is on the "dash gauge"? The oem "don't run-run" gauge is inop. I am replacing it with a standard oil press gauge, but the books don't say what the actual operating pres is supposed to be. PD

On my 150 the normal clutch operating pressure (i.e. the "green zone" on the dash gage) is between 170-190 psi. I suspect yours would be somewhere in this ballpark too.

ok got gauges installed. it ran 32psi in neutral and 80 in fwd and rev, (oh goody pump rebuild time). I called dressta dealer i am getting parts from to see about kits. he sent me to service and was informed my service manual is missing pages! he infomed me psi should read 44+/- nuetral and 75+/- in gear (whew!) he is sending those pages now. Am waiting on my pinion bushings so I can get her crawling again with new clutches and brakes. Just info for anyone else working on a 500. also he says the reversers can be pretty noise on these machines.