Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

woods

1456 serial number

Hoping to get a little insight as to what I actually have in regards to a wheatland 1456 or rowcrop.

Pictured is a 1456 with a Coleman MFWD that I recently picked up, the tractor is tagged as a F1456 but the front axle is for a Wheatland, has wheatland frame rails, wheatland upper bolster, no 3pt and originally was equipped with 24.5x32 tires according to 2 owners back. To begin with I just assumed it was a rowcrop without a 3pt until I arrived to pick it up and found the above mentioned items. The complete serial number is: 2650005U010234 which accordind to the last 5 digits could put it as a standard/wheatland. My question/thought would it have been possible that a factory worker grabbed an F stamp instead of the I stamp when this tractor was produced? The casting number on the T/A housing is 1014P and the last five of the engine serial number is 37164. Also every bolt that mounts the front end to the tractor has an IH stamp and the front end has IH part numbers on it. So what is it? A unique rowcrop or an odd wheatland that with one slip of a letter stamp turned into a rowcrop? None the less a tractor that will look good next to my 2 wd wheatie.

Thank you for any insight you guys can provide.

Corey

post-255-0-34483600-1343914495_thumb.jpg

Farmalls also started at 10001, my Farmall 1456 is 2650005U10463 also has no 3PT from the factory.

rear wheel weights look Farmall.

Ray

A Wheatland would have headlights in the grill, wouldn't it?

One possibility here is that the front end is from a wheatland and the rear end is from a Farmall. The serial tag would stay with the rear end.

Coleman MFDs had the bolster like the std or wheatlands, I believe it is Farmall MFD