Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Merk

Red Power Round Up 2013

By the way, there is going to be a big road construction project going right by the fairgrounds on 309 and 117. Hopefully it won't cause too much hassle.

Howard,

I would take US 30 from Fort Wayne to Ohio 309 in Lima. 30 is a good road, and not real congested.

BJ

yes, BJ, 30 to 309. Is US24 a good road?

I have traveled US24 often through IL and in eastern IN. It is a good road but as BJ mentioned always seems to be busy. There is also a scale on the IN side of the IL/IN border that always seems to be open.

by Farmall Fan

30 to 309. Is US24 a good road?

You don't want to take 30 to 309. That way will take you thru downtown Lima. Too many narrrow one way streets.

Best way to go if you take 30 is to go Interstate 75. Go south on Interstate 75 until you get to 4th street exit (first exit after 309 East). Highway 117 is less than 2 miles from 4th street exit. Chapter 6 will have signs directing you to the fairgrounds at the exit.

by Farmall Fan

By the way, there is going to be a big road construction project going right by the fairgrounds on 309 and 117. Hopefully it won't cause too much hassle.

The road construction is on Interstate 75 at the 309 exit. 309 will have road construction in front of the fairgrounds too. 309 will be reduce from 4 lane road to a 2 lane road. Alllen County Fairgrounds has a 4 lane road in front and back of the fairgrounds. The plans were to have the displays, vendors and campers come in on the back side (117).

Chapter 6 was aware of the road construction before this years RPRU. We been telling everyone to watch our webstite (www.rpru2013.com for ways to bypass the road construction areas. I will let everyone know when the information is posted. I have been in contact with Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT). They is aware of the show and will work with us.

Howard,

I would take US 30 from Fort Wayne to Ohio 309 in Lima. 30 is a good road, and not real congested.

BJ

I have traveled US24 often through IL and in eastern IN. It is a good road but as BJ mentioned always seems to be busy. There is also a scale on the IN side of the IL/IN border that always seems to be open.

Are you sure your thinking about the scale on 24 ? The last time I was through there (early sept.) the weigh station was grown up in weeds. I haven't seen that scale open in years, come to think of it :unsure:

by Farmall Fan

30 to 309. Is US24 a good road?

You don't want to take 30 to 309. That way will take you thru downtown Lima. Too many narrrow one way streets.

Best way to go if you take 30 is to go Interstate 75. Go south on Interstate 75 until you get to 4th street exit (first exit after 309 East). Highway 117 is less than 2 miles from 4th street exit. Chapter 6 will have signs directing you to the fairgrounds at the exit.

by Farmall Fan

The road construction is on Interstate 75 at the 309 exit. 309 will have road construction in front of the fairgrounds too. 309 will be reduce from 4 lane road to a 2 lane road. Alllen County Fairgrounds has a 4 lane road in front and back of the fairgrounds. The plans were to have the displays, vendors and campers come in on the back side (117).

Chapter 6 was aware of the road construction before this years RPRU. We been telling everyone to watch our webstite (www.rpru2013.com for ways to bypass the road construction areas. I will let everyone know when the information is posted. I have been in contact with Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT). They is aware of the show and will work with us.

Thanks Merk. I reposted this your topic Red Power Roundup 2013 on the Cowboard

Howard,

BJ

Are you sure your thinking about the scale on 24 ? The last time I was through there (early sept.) the weigh station was grown up in weeds. I haven't seen that scale open in years, come to think of it :unsure:

Yep, US 24 just west of Kentland, IN on the border. I only go through there about twice a year but it's almost always open night or day. I have been through there now since March though.

im going just wish i had a trialer to hual my 656 hydro on with its pretty good original paint

BJ what is the deal with the hydro 186 ? Pictures and I think there is enough of us that would help you out BJ and this would be fun to crack this out at the show. We could talk about this and if there's enough of you restoring guys that are willing to do this I can be there to help . This thing has got to be washed up to paint room clean including the inside of the cab if it needs a cab kit and head liner.

If they can build a house in one week we can do a rebuild on a 186 !!!

Danny

Danny,

I will try get some pics of it in its current shape. Probably be the end of the week before I can get them.

BJ

by tomatofarmer

am i too late to enter for the restoration contest if I'm a 2012 graduate?

Must still be in high/jr. high school. A 2012 graduate cannot be part of the youth tractor restoration contest.

BJ what is the deal with the hydro 186 ? Pictures and I think there is enough of us that would help you out BJ and this would be fun to crack this out at the show. We could talk about this and if there's enough of you restoring guys that are willing to do this I can be there to help . This thing has got to be washed up to paint room clean including the inside of the cab if it needs a cab kit and head liner.

If they can build a house in one week we can do a rebuild on a 186 !!!

Danny

Gents,

Send me some details.

Maybe we can work something out at RPRU 2013 show.

Here are the pics I took of it. Grandpa says Hydro is OK. I didn't take the tractor for a drive to check it.

http://s122.beta.photobucket.com/user/FarmallFan/library/Hydro%20186

Do you guys want to try a Hydro 100 with a weak hydro? Eason

Tomato Farmer, I hope you get that 826 repaired way before next summer. I think you are on the right path. Keep plugging away.

I got a hydro out of a 656 laying under the shop bench. It's not any good since the input shaft don't have any teeth but if someone needs any parts I'm planning on going to the round up and would let it go cheap just to get out of the way.

Should I go to red power or rantoul for the half centery farm progress

Should I go to red power or rantoul for the half centery farm progress

Life is short, go to both!

Would 30 East to Thayer Rd work well? I've driven it but its been a while and I don't recall how good of a road Thayer is.

Money is short to SMiller! Haha

Me too. I am still paying on the last RPRU. :angry: