Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super A

Was there an IH dealer, in a prototype building, in Durham, NC?

13 posts in this topic

To the NC delegation on the forum: Yesterday I had to attend a funeral in Durham. The funeral home was on Broad Street. Across the street, maybe 2 buildings down, was a building with 3-4 businesses in it--an organic grocery store, maybe a hair salon? I didn't notice that but what stuck out was a big red pylon sticking up through the roof. The building appears to have undergone some modifications but if it wasn't an IH prototype, whoever built it stole the plans from IH. I wanted to get a pic but all I had was my cell phone and the pics it takes just look like big smudges....this place is right in the heart of Durham but who knows, it may have been the outskirts of the city in 1950.....

Al

Sorry pal. I try to avoid Durham at all costs. Seth

Check the dealership list on wisconsins historical site from 1946. If its on there theres a good chance it was.

If there were a "like" button here, I would click it! I try to steer clear of Durham as much as possible too.

I will check the dealer list when I can get hold of a faster connection...

Al

BAD MEMORIES IN THAT TOWN OR WHAT?? EX -WIFE LIVE THERE? LOL

It ain't no place for a backwoods Podunk such as myself! A fine place to go however if you want to buy some mind altering chemical or if ya just got a hankering to get stabbed or shot. I'm sure it's got it's good points I just haven't spent enough time there to find em.

Man alive....sounds like Gary Indiana! Used to flatbed steel outta Gary and it was touch n go man! Always carried a sidearm down there.

I finally checked out the list at the archives. Lists Calvard Farm Equip. and Stephens Tractor & Implement Co. in 1948. I had forgotten there's no addresses on that list though...

Al

You aint the only one haha

I will have to check that out . maybe get some pictures of it . What was the street name again.

Ok Ive got a photo of the Building in Durham on broad street thanks to Google maps..

post-42903-0-72686700-1344592950_thumb.j

I could see it being one for sure. according to the the street its on it was a equipment dealer at one time .