Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Farmall504#20

IH Dealership Building's Post your Pictures

The International Farm Equipment Co. in Swift Current, Saskatchewan sits on the corner of a commercial intersection surrounded by other businesses and a Carlton Apartments building in Swift Current, Saskatchewan.

UoG252608f.jpg

This was the Abell-Prewitt IH dealer in Ralls, Texas. Still in use today as a farm supply with the same name. I used to love going there with my Dad for parts, especially around Christmas time. They had a huge Christmas tree with lots of wrapped presents under it. When kids came in, the parts man would tell them to go pick out a present to keep. Sometimes it was Ertl toys or sometimes it was IH stuff like caps or keychains.

RallsIHdealerbuilding_zps361605aa.jpg

C Wilson and sons IH dealer Posted by Tom H.

post-42903-0-16983000-1357704492_thumb.j

"Tractorette" School A group of seated young women at "Tractorette" School are instructed by John Schneider outside Nodaway County Implement Company, an International Harvester dealership.

0305005017-l.jpg

I wonder if that was a 12 step program? 006.

This was the Abell-Prewitt IH dealer in Ralls, Texas. Still in use today as a farm supply with the same name. I used to love going there with my Dad for parts, especially around Christmas time. They had a huge Christmas tree with lots of wrapped presents under it. When kids came in, the parts man would tell them to go pick out a present to keep. Sometimes it was Ertl toys or sometimes it was IH stuff like caps or keychains.

RallsIHdealerbuilding_zps361605aa.jpg

I WAS going to take a picture of that building when I went thru Ralls on my way down to Comanche a month ago, BUT somebody pulled up and parked in front, just as I pulled up to the stop sign on the west side of the intersection.

0305002204-l.jpg

Herring Implement company , White's Tractor and truck Wilson N.C .. This is the Dealership that my Farmall 504 number 20 came from .

scan.jpg

Rows of IHC trucks parked under a sign that reads: Used Trucks. To the right is a sales building and the left, large utility poles.

Actually those are mostly GM trucks, one 52 Ford. The panel truck closest to the camera looks like an IH K or KB series.

I happened to find this picture in an old magazine showing the IH dealer at Saskatoon, Sask. back in 1948.

post-90-0-58630900-1358484978_thumb.jpg

Rows of IHC trucks parked under a sign that reads: Used Trucks. To the right is a sales building and the left, large utility poles.

UoG253541f.jpg

I hate to tell you but there is only 1 IH truck in the used line up then 2 fords and 3 off brands like you drive!!!! Eason

UoG253541f.jpg

I hate to tell you but there is only 1 IH truck in the used line up then 2 fords and 3 off brands like you drive!!!! Eason

The IH trucks must be behind or off of the picture and some how this photo is of Non IH trucks. But thats what the caption read on the photo I found so.And I only see 2 off brand trucks and 3 Chevys lol

UoG253541f.jpg

Eason, Looks like everyone was trading their Ford and Chevy Trucks on new Internationals !

UoG253541f.jpg

Eason, Looks like everyone was trading their Ford and Chevy Trucks on new Internationals !

You got that right haha ;)

Is there any recognition given to the dealers at Red Power Roundup?

If not, there should be!

They got the great products to us.

Is there any recognition given to the dealers at Red Power Roundup?

If not, there should be!

They got the great products to us.

Good Idea ... :rolleyes:

385182_527717080593100_1886307083_n.jpg

22184_528523933845748_693348978_n.jpg

385266_528207680544040_832926607_n.jpg

19198_534191643278977_491720050_n.jpg

thought i ask this before but can't find the post.

several years back i was in langdon ND and recall seeing a old ih dealership with the pylon,the building was empty with the old IH sign still on the pylon ,i never got any pic's but was wondering if anyone on here was from up that way and had any pics

mike

There are two big brick buildings in Council Bluffs Iowa that look kind of like the ones showed in Wichita. Anybody know what they were for.

321360_535700066461468_1942827365_n.jpg

There are two big brick buildings in Council Bluffs Iowa that look kind of like the ones showed in Wichita. Anybody know what they were for.

Probably the branch warehouse/office. John Deere's, and Minneapolis-Moline branches were in Omaha

John Deere has a branch warehouse and some training schools in Dallas.