Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Farmall504#20

IH Dealership Building's Post your Pictures

This video is worth a look. Great views of old IH dealerships both inside and out.

Ive got to redo that video .... Youtube didn't like the music I had for it and blocked the music. I will have to rework the music for you .

This video is worth a look. Great views of old IH dealerships both inside and out.

Ive got to redo that video .... Youtube didn't like the music I had for it and blocked the music. I will have to rework the music for you .

put some of that loud heavy metel music in it HaHa

It was a little weird being quiet, but I like it. Every time I see it there is more stuff to see.

Is that an F30 on the preview? Was wondering about the location and if those tires were special to that area or kinda common.

Newton and Son

post-42903-0-05813500-1348449189_thumb.j

Robert R Layton Co.

post-42903-0-92828700-1348449367_thumb.j

Tull Brothers IH Dealership

post-42903-0-33323900-1348449486_thumb.j

This picture was taken in 1978 3 months moving into new building. My parents started selling International Harvester and New Holland equipment in 1965. This building was built using the new IH building colors. The 2 tractors in the front yard are 140"s. The tractors over to the right are all 84 series tractors. The winter of 78 was rough and a lot of the yard work got put off till late summer. They where just so excited to be in a place where you didnt have to move 3 pieces of equipment to get to the one you wanted. Lots of room for growth. Unfortunatly in 1985 there was a Case store 2 miles up the road and IH came with a check book and bought them out. Since New Holland was in the process of being bought by Ford Motor Co they stayed in business selling New Holland and Ford tractors till 2006.post-42968-0-99231400-1348679115_thumb.j

This picture was taken in 1978 3 months moving into new building. My parents started selling International Harvester and New Holland equipment in 1965. This building was built using the new IH building colors. The 2 tractors in the front yard are 140"s. The tractors over to the right are all 84 series tractors. The winter of 78 was rough and a lot of the yard work got put off till late summer. They where just so excited to be in a place where you didnt have to move 3 pieces of equipment to get to the one you wanted. Lots of room for growth. Unfortunatly in 1985 there was a Case store 2 miles up the road and IH came with a check book and bought them out. Since New Holland was in the process of being bought by Ford Motor Co they stayed in business selling New Holland and Ford tractors till 2006.post-42968-0-99231400-1348679115_thumb.j

Very Interesting Thanks for sharing

J. Rokosh, Dealership, Selkirk, Manitoba.

UoG2064194f.jpg

Baker & Dickson Ltd, a farm equipment dealership in Brantford, Ontario

UoG253536f.jpg

around September 1953

UoG252552f.jpg

Stover Implement Company , York Nebraska

0305002373-l.jpg

Very Nice looking Dealership Building ....

Go to this web site. Mr Hayes has a good start on recording the location and lots of pictures of IH dealerships in the USA.

http://home.comcast....aynes/index.htm

That's an awesome list!!!

Great to see the Clapp brothers dealership-----based on the rubber tire F-20 on display, I presume the pic to be circa mid 1930's.

And if my dad told me right, that wheel on the F-20's rubber wheel is a 1939 one, anyone on here know for sure?

best, randy

Martin Tractor and Truck When it opened in 1953.

003-7.jpg

0305001937-l.jpg

There are some pics somewhere on ytmag of some dealerships from the Mississippi Delta if someone could find them and post them here. Also seems like there is one picture of one farmers order for one year, which was quite a large order for back in the 50's.

Byrum International in Edenton, NC now Colony Tires warehouse

003-9.jpg

271073_469263253105150_1141988628_n.jpg