Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Farmall504#20

IH Dealership Building's Post your Pictures

In this post If you could post a picture of a Old IH dealership Building that is in your town or that you have seen around that is currently being occupied by another business . Old or recent post your pictures and give a short description about the building whether it was family owned or just a local IH dealership in your town . All around the country there are many of the old IH buildings still out there being used or just have been left to be bulldozed . They sometime are hard to spot but if you look closely you can still see the old brick column that once proudly held that famous symbol of International Harvester.

Mills International in Kinston North Carolina . You Can still see the Brick colum in the front .
063.JPGpost-42903-0-05106500-1374552523_thumb.j

Clapp brothers Tractor in Siler City North Carolina

oldstore.jpg

North Carolina Equipment Company Raleigh N.C

tractor5.jpg

NC+EQUIPMENT+CO+SIGN.jpg

The (new) old dealership in Watertown SD.

post-5016-0-49356200-1339650628_thumb.jp

The (old) old dealership. This may have been a company owned 'warehouse' operation.

post-5016-0-17532300-1339650616_thumb.jp

It sits right next to the newer building. Now privately owned, and at one time was full of old tractors.

There is a loading dock across the back of the building that had a RR spur, a long time ago.

I have heard that there is a BIG elevator inside that still works.

It wasn't too many years ago that the "International Harvester" signs could still be read around the top of the building.

Mike

Go to this web site. Mr Hayes has a good start on recording the location and lots of pictures of IH dealerships in the USA.

http://home.comcast.net/~mickhaynes/index.htm

Great to see the Clapp brothers dealership-----based on the rubber tire F-20 on display, I presume the pic to be circa mid 1930's.

My dad travelled for Harvester promoting the Farmall tractor in the late 1920's----got to know the Clapp bros and stayed in ocassional contact with Sam Clapp in later years. My dad died in 1983-----he would be 107 if living---presume Sam. Clapp is

deceased also. Apparently they were good people----stayed in business for along time.

Will have to save that photo to my files.

Delta Dirt

Avon, Ms. 38723

I still buy all my parts at Clapp Bros. Unbeleivable service in the parts dept!

This was a long running family owned dealership in Pullman, WA early in their business. They also had stores in Moscow and Genesee, Idaho as time went on. Must have started during the war years or immediately following. Owners eventually retired but business was bought out by a neighboring dealership. This picture is dated 1955 The building has been remodeled and is a foreign car parts and service company these days. The current IH dealership operates only out of the Moscow store now, having their own stores to the north and west of here.

post-6771-0-06230200-1339732499_thumb.jp

Man I love that one of NC Equipment Co in the dark!

When I was at NCSU in 1992-97, they were still selling a little equipment--I forget the brand--and my freshman dorm room window looked out over their service dept. and back lot. They still had an old Farmall A sitting back there, I assume as a "tug." They also had an "IH DIESEL POWER" neon sign hanging in the front window. I would have loved to have had that, but was just a poor college student at the time.

Al

This was in Sherdian IN

post-6167-0-85340100-1339789169_thumb.jp

Al,

I was at NCSU from 2000 to 2004, the neon sign got taken out of the window in roughly 2003. I went by one afternoon and stopped in to ask if it could be bought, and I recieved an aburpt "no". Within a month of me stopping to ask about it, it was gone out of the front window. I think around 2001-2002 is when they quit having equipment on site and being an offical dresser dealer. From what I am told they also had a dozer just like that on their dealership building in Greensboro, but never got to see it.

Brian

This picture is of a building in the little town of Port Carbon, Pa which we have the good fortune to be selling at auction next thursday the 21st.

Story is that it was built in 1954, i haven't found any proof that it was more than a IH truck dealership, but was told that they sold Farm equipment as well.

Kind of a shame but I am afraid its going to be leveled by the next owners. Solid old building, but some of the old time help came by and explained that it was that hard to heat in the winter that they plugged the trucks in at night when they were on the inside of the building!!

enjoy

ed

was hoping to find someone with a picture of the correct wording for the sign out front

post-895-0-34809200-1339809242_thumb.jpg

post-895-0-15869900-1339809296_thumb.jpg

post-895-0-47923500-1339809349.txt

post-895-0-71575800-1339809371.txt

post-895-0-05012700-1339809445_thumb.jpg

New Lothrop MI

Bill Karis

post-42413-0-26475600-1339810195_thumb.j

Chesaning Sales Co., Chesaning MI. Stopped selling tractors around 1970.

Bill

post-42413-0-12484100-1339810281_thumb.j

post-42413-0-65696400-1339810315_thumb.j

Part of the IH Dealership in beautiful downtown Wanatah IN. Do I have facts correct Jerry?

BK

post-42413-0-12119700-1339810403_thumb.j

These pictures were taken about 4 years ago.

The first one is in Staples MN. I believe this dealer closed in the mid 70s (but not sure).

NAPA-IH.jpg

The second is in Wadena MN. They sold ag equipment out of the right side of this building and trucks out of the left. I believe they closed in the early 80s.

IH-BLD.jpg

This is a dealer sticker on a 1066 sold new out of the Wadena dealer.

STICKER.jpg

The former Farmers Implement Co. building in downtown Yuma, Colo. They moved out "by the highway" in 1997.

farmimp.jpg

I managed to get my 1966 Scout 800 in this picture :) My dad bought it new, but it came from Elbert County Farmer's Exchange in Elizabeth, Colo.

farmimp2.jpg

These pictures were taken about 4 years ago.

The first one is in Staples MN. I believe this dealer closed in the mid 70s (but not sure).

NAPA-IH.jpg

Hortness Implement in Peever, South Dakota is this style of dealership building. Is pretty much in original condition. Not a Case IH dealer now but has a lot of IH parts.

Driving back from RPRU we took a detour in Mt Vernon IL and on the south side of town I spotted a IH pylon building. We where in lots of traffic and I was driving so hard to get a picture. Maybe some of you IL people could drive by and get a picture

My great-uncles dealership here in Princeton, WV...

J.M. Snider Farm Equipment & Building Supplies. My grandfather bought his Cub here new in '51. The building still stands and is being used as a church...

ih23.jpg

jasnidersign.jpg

letterbyFred1952phone2256.jpg

Matt, do you think you could find me a picture of Floyd Price in Selma? I'd like to have one to go with my '49 Cub...

My great-uncles dealership here in Princeton, WV...

J.M. Snider Farm Equipment & Building Supplies. My grandfather bought his Cub here new in '51. The building still stands and is being used as a church...

ih23.jpg

jasnidersign.jpg

letterbyFred1952phone2256.jpg

Matt, do you think you could find me a picture of Floyd Price in Selma? I'd like to have one to go with my '49 Cub...

I've been looking for a picture of his dealership too for a wile. I do have one with Floyd Price standing next to a 50's model Pickup with the dealership name on the side. its in a Red Power Magazine a few issues back in the "pictures from the past " section . Ill look and post it on here this afternoon .

This video is worth a look. Great views of old IH dealerships both inside and out.