Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

baart38

Thunder Storms

32 posts in this topic

Looks like there is big line of thunder storms right now in Minnesota and Iowa. You guys getting any rain out of them? We need it bad in Wisconsin right now. Send some our way if you are.

Still a long ways NW of me. Sure do hope we get some rain. Going to be real serious trouble next week if we miss this one. Last 2 days of 90+ and wind really took things down hill fast.

Rain I would welcome, just don't need no stinking severe weather out of the deal! Forecast says 80% chance of rain. That'll work. Need a good, slow 2 incher all night long which is more than predicted.

We'll see. B)

Just starting to get some- well see how long it lasts- need it bad!

By nat radar I should be getting pounded bout now- looked outside - just a little more than a sprinkle :angry: must be so dry it evaporates before it hits ground.. sidewalk is wet so another flush of wolly cupgrass should do well. :angry: :angry: :angry: [ mitchell county-- Ia 20 mi south Austin minn]

Sameway here in NW. IN. Laporte co. 90+ here yest. and today nothing is growing unless it's irragated . Suppose to get chance of rain mon. nite .

We watched the storms build east of us and move away. Pivots are going strong for some guys but they will be cranking hard now since we missed it. Corn is starting roll and look like onions. Wonder what markets will do thru the week and on if things don't change.

Nat radar keeps showing dat I'm getting wet-don't see anything but sprinkles-- guess my record corn crop dat jumped in bin on forcast snuck back out :o

Just lucked out and got atleast a 1/2 .This week was going to finish us off here in nekansas. Only have had 6 tenths since early april.

I don't want to make anyone cry, but i just looked at my rain guage. It shows 1.9 inches since Sunday marning. It has been dry here in the Lake of the Woods area since last July. The grain is looking good. I don't know why. We somuhow got good returns last year. The market was also good for the growers. This rain is the first good rain we have had this season. It is raining slowly raight now. RAY

Congratulations to those who needed the rain badly and got some. We finally got a little bit this morning, maybe 3/4"...should help things a bit. Maybe I can plant some beans now...

Two 60% chances the end of next week here if they don't change it. With any luck both will evolve into 100% chances by then.

By nat radar I should be getting pounded bout now- looked outside - just a little more than a sprinkle :angry: must be so dry it evaporates before it hits ground.. sidewalk is wet so another flush of wolly cupgrass should do well. :angry: :angry: :angry: [ mitchell county-- Ia 20 mi south Austin minn]

No kidding! Lived in adams for two years after the wife n I got hitched.....then we moved my direction which is about 30 miles north of roch.

Had around 1 inch this morning ,,nice rain been getting pounded every 2-3 weeks by 2.5 to 3 inch gulley washers plus hail

I got 1.25 in this morning not a bad rain wish it would have lasted I got that in about 2 hours I am about 1 hour north of st Louis in il. We really needed the rain things were starting to get bad

I got 1.25 in this morning not a bad rain wish it would have lasted I got that in about 2 hours I am about 1 hour north of st Louis in il. We really needed the rain things were starting to get bad

Im 40 miles to the North east of St Louis ,Bunkerhill ,Gillespie Litchfield area

I am in the jerseyville fieldon area how much rain did u get stormrider

Watched the red cells turn green and finally peter out before they got to me (EC Wis). Ended up with 0.00 - none. Next chance is next week. Good for you guys that got some. Maybe we'll get some next week. Guess that's what MPCI is for.

right here in central wis, just hardly got anything we have heavy soil and can go a while but all the recently cut hay sure could use a rain, looks dry all week could get serious in a week or two, guy told me the hills around eau claire are looking real dry now, maybe it is our turn this year been real lucky the last 2-3 years, would maybe take some of the hysteria going on around here with the rents and land prices,

We were dry here in Mid Tenn but crops that I have seen look ok. I was at the barn right at the bottom of the ridge at 6:00, almost 2" in an hour. Got home, 5 miles as the crow flies and I had a 1/2". Guess the garden will be getting a little drink the end of the week. I have beans blooming and maters starting to get some size, none that will be ready by 4th of July though.

I just saw on the news that storm that went through Iowa last night is still going strong and is in Mississippi with 70 to 80 mph winds.

Rained here for about 5 minutes, just enough to get the ground wet. Next chance of rain looks to be next tuesday for us... :(

I've been pick'n "maters" for nearly three weeks now, what an early year....

Now we have 60% chances of rain next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday!

After getting around 3/4" this morning, I got the 30' GP no-till out, set it up and started planting beans this afternoon at 5pm. Drilled 30 acres by 7pm even

with repeated stops and settings tweaking. First time I've used the (new to me) drill, worked fantastic. I'm getting a tender cart full of seed delivered tomorrow...we'll see how fast I can plant 240 acres of double crop beans! The old 6788 pulls that 30' no-till like a dream!

Here in Laporte co. between westville and wanatah nothing looked good when i left home to go to the ymca , nice dark cloudes, but no smell of rain in the air. Came out of the y around noon ,sun shining and not a cloud in the sky. Some of the crops look good as far as corn , probably 40% not irragated . THE UNIRRIGATED lookes tough but it won't take long to make it look really tough. Most of the corn that is over knee high is in strees but lookes better than anything less than knee high. Beans as far as i can see aren't even growing.

moisture aspect here in central Mn. is good, got 1.8 inches sunday evening after a hot week before, corn here in alot of places is knee high (not ours) and some are just fininshing up because of all the rain in May. many are done with first crop and we got done with our first crop alfalfa right before the 1.8 rainfall. (glad) looks like a chance of rain 3 times this week?