Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ihred62

Sub compact tractors with sound guard cabs

24 posts in this topic

I am looking to buy a new sub compact tractor with a nice cab with heat + air in the 30 horsepower range and put a 60" - 72" mid mount mower on it. I am looking at the Kubota 3000 +3030 series. Does any one have one and how do you like it? This is the only brand I can find in that size with a nice cab. What other brands are out there? The important part to me is a quiet cab because of my hearing problem.(The doctors call it tinnitus hyperacusis) and trust me you dont want it so wear hearing protection.

I can't answer the question on cabs. I can however feel sympathy for your Tinnitus as I have had it for 6 years now in my left ear. The first month or so was almost unbareable with the ringing. After that it started to get less of a nuisance but it still rings 24-7 and there is a definate loss of hearing in it. Most days I don't even notice it as I don't think about it. It's the little things that get me though. One nite the other week when it was nice enough to have the windows open I layed in bed with my right ear on the pillow and it seemed quieter then with my left ear on the pillow. What it was is that the crickets were making a lot of noise that night and the pitch of thier noise was inaudible by my left ear with the tinnitus but not with my right ear.

I ran a new Kubota that size. Cab and hydro. The cab was the stuff dreams are made of. The hydro...not so much.

What was wrong with the hydro? Thanks for sympathy on the tinnitus if you dont have it you dont understand how it changes your life problem is when you get it you will have it the rest of our lives.

Hydro functioned flawlessly. I was using it for loader work and it just seemed to lose a lot of power through the hydro. Not much oomph. Going up the road in hi it didn't want to pull hills very well. It tight spots and quik maneuvering it was great though. Just rather have gears and shuttle shift.

My local New Holland dealer took on Mahindra tractors cause they have smaller ones like you are wanting with nice cabs in less then 6 months they had sold 15 of them a bunch of them were sold to grape farmers not just for lawn mowers. The Mechanics are impressed by them they were telling me couple weeks ago. Alot heavier built casting then other compacts..

+1 on Mahindra. The IH salvage yard I use sells Mahindra, and he says occasionally he gets a used Kubota in on trade. He puts a jacked up price on it so it sits on the lot for a long time. He says comparing the two brands side by side sells a lot of Mahindras!!

I think that the Deere 3000-series has the nicest cab in that size class. I have liked every Deere compact that I have driven in the past few years.

I will second those thoughts expressed about Mahindra, too. The size of the front axle and rear castings on the Mahindra are impressive.

The newer New Holland Boomer and Case IH B-series Farmall tractors are built by LS from Korea. I spent a few hours on a Boomer 50 (Farmall 50B) the other week and it was not nearly as nice as the older New Holland-badged Shibaurus. The Boomer 50 drove OK but the ergonomics were terrible. The older New Holland / Case IH tractors had a nice cab...models Farmall 40 and 45, I believe. You may wish to see if you could gobble one of those new old stock up before they disappear.

I'm not a Kubota fan which I have said in other posts. They have the reputation but I think that reputation exceeds reality. Take a look at the rears, for instance. Many are just bull-gears and not planetaries like a tractor should have. I have driven many Kubotas and I don't even have them on my shopping list despite having some good dealers around me.

So with all that being said does anyone have a Mahidra with a cab? I will say the cab on the Kubota was not as quiet as I wanted it to be. I found a dealer about 40 miles from me so will go look at them. I already like them they are red. :D:lol::)

So with all that being said does anyone have a Mahidra with a cab? I will say the cab on the Kubota was not as quiet as I wanted it to be. I found a dealer about 40 miles from me so will go look at them. I already like them they are red. :D:lol::)

The paint color is not all they have in common with IH.... They are a direct lineage from IH utility tractors! They are more IH than the new CIH compacts. :D

I have Two 3010 Kubota tractors here at the Farm , Both 92 models , I will say I have not had Any Problems with them they are the Smallest Frame tractor of that series , I have never pluged them in an they have allways started at any temp , they a primarily used when We are makeing Maple Syrup here in the spring (3600 taps ) the other reason we Bought them is there a Comercial

line tractor !

Robert

I think that the Deere 3000-series has the nicest cab in that size class. I have liked every Deere compact that I have driven in the past few years.

I'm not a Kubota fan which I have said in other posts. They have the reputation but I think that reputation exceeds reality. Take a look at the rears, for instance. Many are just bull-gears and not planetaries like a tractor should have. I have driven many Kubotas and I don't even have them on my shopping list despite having some good dealers around me.

As an owner of a 3520 Cab machine, I can say I totally agree. Completely love it. When I was shopping for machines a couple years ago the JD Cab was simply the BEST one out, I'd say 2nd was the MF, 3rd was the Kubota. Machine wise there are alot of things I liked about the JD more then the rest...The Kubota dealer treated me like poop, so I figured my money wasnt good enough for them. "Before you go buy a Deere come see me" right from the owners mouth isnt a valid quote in my book and by the time the salesman got around to responding to me (I know him) I responded to his email with a picture of my 3520 being unloaded off the dealers rollback...

Ergonomics and comfort are 2nd to none in the ComfortGard cab. The 3x20 Cab/ComfortGard was designed from the ground up as a cabbed machine, some of the others it was clearly a "oh, JD & Kubota have cabbed ones, we should too".

Hydro & Controls is another thing, personally i cant STAND the single rocker "Treddle" on the Kubota or brands that have it...the Cabbed DX has twin pedals but they were soo tough to push. eHydro is where its at (Kubota has their version). All in all, as a whole package, I hate to say it on here, but JD has their act together in the CUT market.

Well I went and test drove a 3616 Mahindra today A little bigger frame then the Kabuta so I would have to go with the 72" deck. The cab seemed a little quieter than Kubota. I agree I did not like the single rocker pedal on the Kubota either, the Mahindra had 2 seperate pedals seemed more user friendly.Mahindra uses the 3 cylinder Mitsubishi engine are they a good engine? They also have a better warranty 5 year engine + power train 3 years on every thing else or 1500 hours which ever comes first.One thing I found interesting they date back to 1945 and in 1963 they made a joint venture with International Harvester to manufacture tactors in India, in the book it shows the front end of 450 series. On the way home stopped at a massy dealer they told me they will be getting a trade of the smallest series with a cab with 12 hours on it.The owner bought it new and found out it is to small for him and wants to trade up a couple sizes. So i guess that will be the next one I will look at.

Mitsubishi makes a pretty good engine IMHO.

Funny to hear another person had a bad experience with a Kubota dealer. I left mine after hearing him bash the John Deere 990 I had looked at. Kubota dealer told me "Thats a Yanmar they split up with JD you will never get parts" That was 6 years ago and they still sell the tractor it is just renumbered. The JD dealer was bought out and is now part of a 5 store group and I can't deal with them any more. I drive an extra 20 minutes to a single store dealer that treats people like a customer not like a prisoner.

I think that Mitsubishi engines are fine. I never heard anything bad about them. In fact, I believe that Mitsubishi engines were used in early IH and Case IH compacts like the 254, 255, and 1130. Mitsubishi may have even made the whole tractor.

I forgot about the Massey compacts...they just don't have a strong presence in my area. Every MF compact that I drove over the years were a very good handling tractor. I was especially impressed with the newer models. I told my brother that if you put another color paint on it, folks would rave about them.

I'll agree on the Kubota hydro pedal. I spent a number of hours on a Kubota L4610 a few years and nearly got a charlie horse in my calf from tromping on that pedal for so long. That tractor only had about 1,000 hours on it and it felt loose and TIRED.

My only problem with Mahindra machines and other "Short Line Machines" is the dealer network, or lack thereof.... I USED to drive by one every day, had a big inventory, sold alot of machines...but the dealer is no longer there. I would not be happy if I spent 30k on something and had ZERO service or parts. Crossing filters over to Wix is fine for maintenance, but paying shpping on some of the heavier parts you may need along the way would not be cool....

Another Very nice cabbed machine was the TYM, never DROVE one, but dealer a few miles from my house sold em last year...this year no more TYM and they are selling LS machines. Again, had I bought a TYM, I'd be mighty upset....

Agreed on the MF situation, local dealer here is CIH and MF and seems to push the MF's hardest.

Kioti does make a nice tractor...My brother has a Bobcat CT230, which is a Kioti painted White. If he wasnt looking for a cabbed machine specifically, I woulda mentioned them...Along with Cub Cadet/Yanmar.

But again with the Kioti brand, the whole "Here today, gone tomorrow" dealer is a real fear...I know that there used to be a couple Kioti dealers around, I know the one closest to me is gone, dunno where the next closest one even is anymore. I'd buy a Bobcat branded one just for the sake of knowing the Bobcat dealers have been around for a while and will be down the road.

Look at the Masseys for sure, I have a 1528(no cab) and it s a well built nice little tractor. I looked at all different brands before buying and the Massey was heavier built, good hydraulics and very comfortable. I sat in one with a cab at dealer after I bought mine and cab was very nice. Have been very happy with my Massey.

Not experienced with massey numbers is the 1528 the smallest tractor you can get with a cab?

Yes, the 1533 or the 1635 in the newer series. Dimensional and performance specs between the two are nearly identical.

I have to agree about the number of dealers thing on the Mahindras. There are only 3 in Wisconsin. The closest one was 40 miles away and was only a dealer for 2 years. He told me he never sold a 3616 with a mid mount mower so he was not much help.I liked the Mahindra but like you said not many dealers or not dealers for very long.Still waiting on the massey which I like the looks of but the frame seems to be bigger than the Kubota and Mahindra and on tractor house seem to be $5000.00 higher in price.Looks like I could save $1000.00 on a gear -shuttle but I think the hydro would be nicer to drive and hold a better resale value.