Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Farmguy

Most valuable IH tractors

19 posts in this topic

Just curious to what you guys think are the most valuable older IH tractors? I was thinking the 1206s an old Super MTAs especially the diesel ones.MDTA. Just as an example. What are you guys seeing out there on auctions or dealers or private adds that make you say pretty pricey. Thanks guys

All the ones I want. None of the ones I've got.

Any orchard series, saw an o-6 go for $7500 that was a little rough a few years ago. O-4 are a little cheaper but not much.

I'd say that the models that have low production numbers are the most valuable if there is sufficient collector interest. That has been the pattern with the green tractors.

As for me, I like to look at the ultra-rare 1 of a kind tractors at shows. They need to be owned by capable collectors that can afford to take good care of them. My personal delight is the 'bread and butter' models that fed thousands of people for decades and are 'common' as dirt.

Anybody have any prices that you have heard off lately?. I was on Bigiron an one guy got good money for his 1086 an 986. Bring 20,000 an 15,000. One had 3600 or so hours an the other about the same. I would guess all used tractors have increased in value as off late. I was looking at a M diesel which I have never had an there are not to many around, Heard they could fetch 5,000 plus. What would a good 1206 bring in good shape? I always wanted one off those but never see one for sale. Anybody know the power differnce between a 1206 an 1256? Just curious. Thanks

Anybody know the power differnce between a 1206 an 1256? Just curious. Thanks

Not much, the 1206 was Nebraska tested @ 112.64 PTO HP, the 1256 tested @ 116.12 PTO HP. But with a few adjustments to the pump both could make much much more.

I'd have to say the 72/7488's are bringing a premium price; $60k+ on tractorhouse

Anybody know the power differnce between a 1206 an 1256? Just curious. Thanks

Not much, the 1206 was Nebraska tested @ 112.64 PTO HP, the 1256 tested @ 116.12 PTO HP. But with a few adjustments to the pump both could make much much more.

The 361's in 806's and 1206's are fantastic engines. If taken care of can run upwards of 15000 hours. The horsepower capabilities are unbelievable along with fuel efficiency. The 1256's with the 407's are good engines but not as efficient 361's and initially a rare event occcurred within Harvester, they sent an engine out of the factory that had some problems until revised. The 407's had weak wrist pins...I wish I had bought every 1206 I could lay my hands on. I've had 2 and sold them both for 3500 years back. now average price is around 7500 with very nice around 9500 and excellent to pristine bringing12000 on up..better than money in the bank

I'd have to say the 72/7488's are bringing a premium price; $60k+ on tractorhouse

I would have to say the 4100 & 4156. They both had the DT-429 engine. I think that is the only Farm type tractor that the 429 was used in!

Tractor that are new enought and big enougth to do farm work( 1066s,72/7488) still have value to the farmers, collector value must be added on top of that to arrive at a value. Old tractor (F20s) have as scrap( hate it but true) to start with. We have a 4300, last one I know of that sold was in4/08 for $58,000, I would not pay that kind of money for a (toy) tractor , but I would not sell ours fo that, just glad to have it. Some old titians and moguls sell well past $100,000.00. Sorta like farmland value , if your not selling, not borrowing money on it,paying taxs on it, AND HOPING TO BUY MORE high prices are not a good thing! But it allways makes you fell good your not under water.

I would have to say the 4100 & 4156. They both had the DT-429 engine. I think that is the only Farm type tractor that the 429 was used in!

Never thought I would hear the words 4100 and 4156 and valuable in same sentence :D

Never thought I would hear the words 4100 and 4156 and valuable in same sentence :D

Come on now Chris- Be nice!! :wacko:

i think tractors that have serial numbers 501 or 7501 and the last ones off the line, and isnt the 1026 gold demo wheatland the rarest?

i see a lot of results on the auman auction site lots of recent prices listed on the results site

I still use my SMTA but after hearing some of the prices they bring at auction I think I need to up the insurance on the old girl.

Nearly put me in shock today to see an F-14 with a stuck engine advertised for $ 3500.00. Yes, it did have red paint and O.K. rubber but not a restoration by any means. I guess a seller can ask whatever he wants to ask, but..........................

All the ones I want. None of the ones I've got.

Funny....me too!

Tractor that are new enought and big enougth to do farm work( 1066s,72/7488) still have value to the farmers, collector value must be added on top of that to arrive at a value. Old tractor (F20s) have as scrap( hate it but true) to start with. We have a 4300, last one I know of that sold was in4/08 for $58,000, I would not pay that kind of money for a (toy) tractor , but I would not sell ours fo that, just glad to have it. Some old titians and moguls sell well past $100,000.00. Sorta like farmland value , if your not selling, not borrowing money on it,paying taxs on it, AND HOPING TO BUY MORE high prices are not a good thing! But it allways makes you fell good your not under water.

Alfred and Richard Reuter of Mazeppa MN had the big mogul in running condition. I have seen that tractor on the thresher. Alfred died a few years back and left it to his grand son who sold it to someone in canada I believe for 300,000 u.s.! Those brothers lived just a couple miles from both my parents and my home farm. They also had an oil pull they threshed with that i fed grain to. Our first f-20 project came from them.

I have a good friend who buys and sells a lot of used equipment. He has commented many times on the prices of the 14 & 1568's.

He told me there was a time when it was difficult to even get a bid at an auction and look what they go for now.

Says he wishes that he had bought everyone that he could back then and stuck them in a barn somewhere.

Gosh, I wish I still had that 55 Chevy that I had back in high school or the 67 camero I had in college. :wub:

I could sell'em and by a 7488 :P