• Announcements

• IvyCat

New Forum Rules Posted

Please note: we've posted revised and consolidated Forum Rules. Please review and comply with these rules when using the Red Power Magazine forums. Thanks for your continued participation in the Red Power Magazine community! Thanks, RedPowerMagazine.com Admins

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

td14 addict

update on things

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys been awhile since i have been on here, i see some of the good old members have returned (and some never left) so i figured i would send a few words out about whats been going on around here. a few months back we picked up a new toy a 1985 Kubota KH28 excavator, its a 7 ton machine, i built a thumb for it, rebuilt both front idlers (need to get some pics to explain that one) had to tighten every second track pad and had to bend some of the control levers. its a nice working machine, however its 11.5 feet track to track!!! :blink: :blink: it must have been in a marsh or something it had really wide pad extensions welded on aswell.

back in January I applied to the Atlantic Police Academy and leave tonight to write the first tests in the application process, so i havent had much time or money to spend on the 14(if i get into school ill be looking at over 30 grand by the time im out).

last winter when i had the 14 going the drain **** opened on the rad without me noticing and i ran it empty of antifreeze, which i believe took out the head gasket (i hope its the gasket not the head :( :( :( ) and the cheapest i can find is $650 so i cant really spend that at the moment. also when pushing some snow with it this year the tranny got stuck in both 3rd and reverse, after fixing that it is now stuck in just reverse, so it needs some attention. hopefully i can get it back inside soon and open it up, i drained 2 liters of antifreeze out of the crankcase last time i started it :angry:

i will try to get some pics up soon as i get back from PEI.

Hi Stefan,
did you see the TD14 that was for sale up in Wentworth Valley area?.It was on kijiji and said for parts or repair.Also got a line on a complete rebuilt 14 engine but I'm not sure if its a straight 14 or a 14A. When your standing at rear of engine,and looking towards the front, the inj pump & injectors are on left side.It was completely rebuilt by an engine shop that has since closed up.PM me if your interested.Good luck on your new adventure.

Cooter

Hello Stefan,

Thanks for taking the time to write your interesting update. The TD-14 setbacks are disappointing, but, you've won uphill character building battles before. Good luck to you on your application and testing for entry into the police academy!

RedTracks

x2! Bummed to hear of the setbacks, but they are what they are.

TD-14 has intake and exhaust both on right side from rear or seat.14A has exhaust on left opposite from intake

hope its only the gasket not the head .
what way to PEI the bridge or boat ? would not be much either way from your place ?
how is the lawn tractor coming ?

All the best in your future endevours...... Sucks on the 14 news BUT if there is anyone that can turn it around......I will ask about a gasket for you..... Heres a pic of possibly the sorriest looking crawler ever to have love bestowed upon it.......LOL

hi guys, here are the pictures i promised a few weeks ago, sorry been so busy lately. will get some better pics, these are alittle old.
on another note i had the 14 going today and got acouple pics of it.

Stefan

not liking this new picture setup, ill get it figured out and post some more