Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pullerboy1066

grease gun ends

12 posts in this topic

I was wondering where i can find good grease gun ends at. the part that goes over the grease fitting..the ones you get around here are junk.

I was wondering where i can find good grease gun ends at. the part that goes over the grease fitting..the ones you get around here are junk.

If you find a good end, I'll take the rest of it.

I have had good luck with Lincoln couplers.

Same here. Had mine for a couple of years now, use it every day and still haven't wore it out.

Travis

NAPA has been the place most here have sent me too and the ones I got there seem as good as any I have had, I agree that most are junk along with the guns on the other end of them.

I bought 3 grease guns last year and every one of them clamp over the Zerk fitting and wont turn loose. I have to unscrew the end almost off to get it to release. My old NAPA gun 30 years old causes no problems at all. I guess this is the price we pay for relocating all of our industry overseas.

The Plews grease gun we had at my old job had a real good adjustable end on it....maybe check for plews in ur google box.

I like the napa ends they make several different grades though, do not buy the ones with the plastic jaws. The napa ends used to be alot better probably chinese now.

When I was running heavy equipment for living, the guys that serviced the equipment everyday said that the tips that held up the best came from John Deere. This is coming from guys that went through barrels of grease every month.

Same here. Had mine for a couple of years now, use it every day and still haven't wore it out.

Travis

If lucky, Lincoln hyd tips will last me 2-3 tubes of grease at most. Usually have to change them more often than the battery on an electric grease gun. I've had the best luck with the ones from NAPA. Their HD model lasts the longest but is oversized, making it unusable in some situations so I ususally just buy the std 4 jaw.

Lincoln products work for me.