Another wiring harness question
Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:03 AM
Never thought about it when I was ordering the harness but the tractor has regular 3 wire alternator (the one post and 2 spade type) and no regulator. Since the harness is an exact replica of the original, what do I need to do to make it charge correctly and make my amp light work right?
"Since we ought to be no less persuaded that the propitious smiles of Heaven, can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right, which Heaven itself has ordained"
- You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the industrious out of it.
-You don't multiply wealth by dividing it.
- Government cannot give anything to anybody that it doesn't first take from somebody else.
- Whenever somebody receives something without working for it, somebody else has to work for it without receiving.
- The worst thing that can happen to a nation is for half of the people to get the idea they don't have to work because somebody else will work for them, and the other half to get the idea that it does no good to work because they don't get to enjoy the fruits of their labor.
-Adrian Pierce Rogers
"We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."
Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:56 AM
Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:17 AM
One is the "L" wire to supply the light power, and the other is the "BAT" wire to charge the battery.
Hook up the BAT wire as normal to the alternator.
Use the "L" wire for your excite circuit. That's the one Bob M is talking about.
* - for anyone that read this before I made my edits, I originally thought this was for a letter series.