Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cub 2072 Short Problems

5 posts in this topic

I have a 1985 Cub Cadet 2072 Hydro. a few years ago i started haveing problems with it blowing fuses while it was running. I had heard from someone that it could possibly be the ignition switch. A year or so after hearing that i finally got a switch. But it didn't help the situation. thats when it wouldn't even crank before blowing the fuse. It would blow when ever i turned the switch fro the off position. Which turns out to be the Run with Lights. I just recently was told to check the Lighting Circuit. if anyone has any more suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

I had the same problem on a 2166. I had a short in the lighting circuit. Eason

It wasn't in the lighting circuit, it was in the Front PTO Clutch Circuit. The hot wire going from the starter switch, to the relay, to the PTO switch, then on down to the clutch was shorting out. So i just cut the wire cause there was still power going thru it whether the switch and the relay were pluged in. There were two wires going into the same terminal on the relay, onw wire came from the starter switch, and the other went to the PTO Switch, then there was another one on the PTO switch on the smae terminal that went on down to the PTO Clutch. Know i need to find out if its a chafed wire or if its a bad clutch.

Know I need to get it out of the garage and let it warm up. Run some Sea Foam through the Tank and Crankcase. Then do an oil change.

When i first fired it up it was burning oil and i was wondering if its anything serious it wasn't realy thick but it just concerns me cause i don't really want to pull the engine apart to replace rings.

And should i go ahead and change the Hyrdolic fluid and filter in the tranny. It has 745 hours on now.

New Hytran & filter insure Hydro long life...if :)