Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1066smoker

4EH batteries

11 posts in this topic

will they fit in the 66 trays and under the heat baffle? this will be for my 10.

Thanks

Justin

you will have to flatten out the lip on the outside edge of the lower tray to get enough width. The hold downs will work. The entire works should fit behind the baffles. We did this to my 856 and it fits behind the panels in the excel cab.

Thanks NE, guess I will be sticking with 3EH's then. Hate to bend up brand new and fresh painted stuff

Justin

I agree with ya, but they sure start nice! Maybe get some used or repop trays and save the originals!

you're twisting my arm now! hahaha. I'll think about it

I wonder why the Interstate catalog lists the 4EH for the 10. The 4EH are difficult to get from Interstate. Our Case/IH dealer has the 4EH however. Ken Ryan

I agree with ya, but they sure start nice! Maybe get some used or repop trays and save the originals!

You can use the trays off a hydro 100 or 1066 hydro, they came with 4EH batteries. I think even the early 856 tractors had bigger batteries. The parts book lists a serial number break.

I think there are some brands of 4EH that have the same sized bottom as a 3EH. Not sure what brand.

The bottoms of the CaseIH branded Exide 3EH & 4EH batteries are the same size. The 4EH then has a rib cast around them that makes them wider, but this rib is not at the very bottom of the battery. I have 4EH's in my good 1206. We also have 4EH's in Dad's 1066, but it has the factory cab, so the battery trays on those are in a different location.

I would never go back to 3EH batterys, 4EH for me on my 1066 and 1566.

4EH batteries will fit just fine if you use the battery lids out of a 66 series cab for battery trays...you have to look close to tell that's what they are. ;)

Travis