Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oneharvester

hand pump rebuild

11 posts in this topic

what does it cost to get a hand pump for a 1066 rebuilt no tilt ? probably better get a pro to do it!

In my shop charge around 100 to 150. if just the top seal leaking less then 100 because you don't have to remove pump just steering wheel

it don't leak externaly , but i have hard steering like it pressures up when starting to turn the wheel checked about every thing else . don't know what else to do. will they leak internaly???

I have seen 1 or 2 that steer hard and have check mcv pump and steering relief and cyl. is not bypassing went to salvage yard and got used hand pump and works fine again. Not real sure what happens on the inside except maybe clearences get to loose. hope this helps. usually get used one for around 400.

yes, my hyd pump has good pressure and cyl is good and done samething with a diff relief valve but not bypassing either. should the steering wheel turn the wheels when not running . i can turn mine and it dont turn at all??

yes, my hyd pump has good pressure and cyl is good and done samething with a diff relief valve but not bypassing either. should the steering wheel turn the wheels when not running . i can turn mine and it dont turn at all??

Without engine running, the steering wheel on a 1066 does nothing. No solid connection between the steering pump and cylinder.

There should be some manual steering with the engine off.

I THOUGHT ALL 66 SERIES HAD NO STEERING WITH THE ENGINE OFF? ILL HAVE TO SEE HOW OUR 14 IS BUT I COULD BE WRONG.

i don't know, i just thought it should have some so if you had to pull it you could steer it

There is a provision in the MCV to allow oil to be available for manual steering on all tractors from 06 series up.

It's not easy but it's there.

If the system loses prime while sitting there will be no manual steering. If everything is good with the system it should not loose prime, lots of them do lose prime while sitting though.

There is a provision in the MCV to allow oil to be available for manual steering on all tractors from 06 series up.

It's not easy but it's there.

If the system loses prime while sitting there will be no manual steering. If everything is good with the system it should not loose prime, lots of them do lose prime while sitting though.

Unless someone has replaced the sump check valve with a plug. Seems to be a pretty common practice with the aftermarket TA's. I usually take the plugs out and put the spring loaded valve back in. I had a 100 Hydro a few weeks ago with a plug in it, don't know what purpose it would serve in a hydro.