Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Farmall504#20

Whats the Best Tractor IH Ever BUILT ?

i was saying a stock 1066

Yeah the 1066 and 806 seem to be at the top of the list on here.

An 806 prolly won't keep up with a 10 but I know the 12s will. We have a 12 set at 215 and 10 with the pump wide open and the 12 pulls better and uses less fuel

My real answer to the topic.....MINE! :D

Haha Yeah !!!

My pick is a 1456 because, dad's pulling tractor was a 14. And in 1978 he bought a second one for the farm. I spent a lot of time in that seat. Still have the farm 14. We also have an 806 thats running the turbo off the pulling 1456 (stock one) and it turns 165 hp. Sat in that seat alot too.

I'd say a 1066 gear drive...best looking are the 1206's and the 66 series

I would say the H and M are tied for 1st. The Regular and 1206 would have honorable mention. Nicest looking is the O-4 hands down.

Considering that there were nearly 400,000 model H built it must have had a good reputation in its time. During most of my youth my Dad farmed with three of them as his only tractors.

1086, cause that's the one I got, the reason I picked it was because it can do everything I need it to.

# 1 Original Magnum........End of story...........IH built it .........Case just stole it thats all :angry:

#2 German built 1455 XL ........402 Turbo Neuss engine.......Beautiful Synchro trans...Porsche designed XL cab...bomb proof :wub:

Aint nothin on earth that has the reputation of the Magnum trans........will be a very sad day when production of that thing stops :(

X 2 on the Magnum,especially the part about case stealing it!!! Lol!! Your right about the tranny too,couple years ago my uncles 7120 had some tranny issues so he had it into our local dealer.That was only the second one they had apart since 1988 when they first came out,nobody was even familiar with the insides......

X 2 on the Magnum,especially the part about case stealing it!!! Lol!! Your right about the tranny too,couple years ago my uncles 7120 had some tranny issues so he had it into our local dealer.That was only the second one they had apart since 1988 when they first came out,nobody was even familiar with the insides......

Would have been nice to see the IH Magnum

# 1 Original Magnum........End of story...........IH built it .........Case just stole it thats all :angry:

#2 German built 1455 XL ........402 Turbo Neuss engine.......Beautiful Synchro trans...Porsche designed XL cab...bomb proof :wub:

Aint nothin on earth that has the reputation of the Magnum trans........will be a very sad day when production of that thing stops :(

Nice :D

haha Best answer

Love my Magnum but would be happy with a 5x88, 1066 hydro, 1486, or 1206. I have different uses for each. Id even run a 2x2 or crab crawl JI Case, I like some of the more odd rigs and to say I use them to make a living would be nice but I have to have creature comforts if I'm going to run it day and night atleast 1/3 of the year.

i'll give you the 806,beefy tractor

but i'll raise you an 856,very beefy

aint nothing barks like an 856 pullin 6x16's staight pipin

and if that aint enuf,grab hold of an 11' chisel plow

i'd also like to put a vote in for the 826 hydro w/german diesel

The farmall M SM and MTA.... by far the best tractors IH ever built.... they will outlive any Tractor out there... they've lasted 60 Yeats they'll last another 60 years!!!

I woulod have to say the McCormick Deering Farmall A. I own one myself. :)

up here it has to be the w6 . not the most comfortable but other wise perfect.

yep, for sure the w6 stood up good and did a pile of work in its day . same design was kept right through the 400, 450 and 560.

Used to be dad's 1256, until I purchased my 1066. 10 has a little more poop in it's britches and starts like champ when it gets cold, but I always thought the 56's looked a little better with the bar grill and precleaner.

There is one IH... Twas built in the mid-60s. It had all wheel steering and it was 4wheel drive. Rare tractor. The reason why it is not widely found was because many people at the time were afraid of the tractor. It was too advanced for 1964 for people to be comfortable. I would like to have that tractor some day. Still have to say My Farmall A to go along with it.