Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long Farms

Custom IH 1456 Gold Demo

8 posts in this topic

Not too sexy of a project but sexy enough. I dont know if anyone has priced an original IH 1456 Gold Demo Key Precision, but no way am I'm gonna pay $500+ for one. Instead I decided to do my own. I took off the ROPS and canopy and left it as an open station. I had to stripthe hood and fenders, prime and paint the Gold Metallic. It was a chore going back and painthe IH white on the center panel and detail painting the silver around the decal shrouds. I even paitned hte dash all black as it should be. I added my own decals except the "Turbo". I swung by SoMo Farm Toys parts and Picked a set up. I still this it need alrger tires all around but I know most gold demos had the stock tires as this one does. I wish I also had the bowlless air intake as most of the 1456s had but I settled for what I had. It was up inthe air to paint the intake red, white or gold, but seeing 75% of the gold demos had gold intakes, I went with that.

P1220111.jpg

P1220112.jpg

P1220113.jpg

P1220114.jpg

P1220115.jpg

P1220116.jpg

P1220117.jpg

P1220118.jpg

Nice work as usual!!

RickG

Sweet tractor. The air cleaners were gold from the factory. Eason

Great job! I would NEVER have the patients or a steady hand to do such detailed work. It's so smooth and shiny. Do you have a tiny little sprayer? Kate