Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tanker

scout

14 posts in this topic

got in a hurry - put in wrong bin- my bad- scout w diesel eng [ hasn't run in 8 years- torque flite weak] iron weavels got body- anyone need parts? make offer - 30 mi from Mason City Ia or 20 mi from Austin minn- got pm on this sight but can't seem to reply??- keeps putting up error-- $200/ ton is going price right now..

Tanker don't part out the auto and all of the linkage. They are unique to the diesel scouts. The auto and conversion parts are getting hard to find. Make sure you save the kick down assembly, the adapter on the back of the engine, The flexplate, and any of the related parts. Dang I wish I was closer. Eason

I think I sent you a PM, but i'm not sure with this new format.

PM me when you get a chance.

Mikem

Mikem

You did but I can't seem to get anything to work- send message via snail mail to: jensen Bros: 4504 Indigo Ave St.Ansgar iA 50472-8656- WOULD HATE TO JUNK SOMETHING THAT IS OF USE TO SOMEONE ELSE::my bucket list is to full & am trying to slim it down..

Mikem

You did but I can't seem to get anything to work- send message via snail mail to: jensen Bros: 4504 Indigo Ave St.Ansgar iA 50472-8656- WOULD HATE TO JUNK SOMETHING THAT IS OF USE TO SOMEONE ELSE::my bucket list is to full & am trying to slim it down..

I'll get something in the mail tomorrow. (friday)

Could make an interesting power train for a 1957 A-100 pickup.

Mike

Looks like Saturday will be a go.

I'll call Friday evening.

Any idea what year that rig is?

Mike

Got the map in the mail this AM.

Now I got NO excuse to get lost. ;)

Weather is looking good for Saturday here.

Anything coming up on your end?

Mike

weather sooth sayers think temp in mid 30's slight chance flurries west wind 10-25- though they are seldom right..

I'll give you a call tomorrow evening.

Mike

Made it home....All in one piece!

Thanks again for an interesting and educational afternoon.

Mike

IT RUNS!!!!!!!! :lol:

Sounds sweet!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Video later. :P

Mike

Did it require fresh fuel? or did the huge quanity dat went along w/ it still have fire in it? :blink:

Did it require fresh fuel? or did the huge quanity dat went along w/ it still have fire in it? :blink:

I didn't take a chance. I ran a return line from the final filter back to the water seperator, in effect 'short circuiting' the fuel system and used a couple of quarts of fresh fuel.

The ol girl was in four wheel drive, and had a stuck right rear brake, effectively locking all wheels.Got that loosened up with a few taps of a hammer, and it rolls easy now.

Havn't tried to fill the trans and see if she drives yet, cause I'm pretty sure the brakes are toast.

Mike