Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johnny_red

Unknown part on an 806D

The tractor is an 806D that I'm looking at. What i'm wondering about is what looks like a canister of some sort between the filters and the battery. I've never noticed this on other 806's that I've been around.

post-14676-0-73503100-1329769772_thumb.j

block heater? (water heater)

does it have 5/8 heater hose attached to it?

second look it does look like a either can , like 664cdn said

Funny -

I suppose it depends on what part of the country you are in but... I don't know as I have ever seen an 806D WITHOUT ether assist... :lol:

-FT

Reminds me of a guy I once knew :)....said he was going to put a ski rack on his car and head south, when someone ask him what it was he knew that was where he wanted to live!

say what you want but jd ether is all we use. it is better than most auto chains and retailers. dale

say what you want but jd ether is all we use. it is better than most auto chains and retailers. dale

very true!

The button that operates the either is below the steering column. Crank the engine before pressing the either button.

The first 806's ether attachment was cable operated and were not a good deal. Even a lot of the electric ones leave a lot to be desired. The hoses look like the oil cooler hoses just in wrong place from being shortened up a few times. Should run ring up next to valve cover.

Either can no doubt

Funny -

I suppose it depends on what part of the country you are in but... I don't know as I have ever seen an 806D WITHOUT ether assist... :lol:

-FT

My 806 doesn't have either assist!! Haha!!! The 806 was left in the cattle yard over night and the steers thought it was a good idea to chew on some wires and the either assist and it Is now a flat piece of metal!! I had so much fun rewiring the lights and a few other wires

As others have said , ether assist cannister. If you buy the tractor & don't want it I'd be glad to take it off your hands as I have an 806 that needs one put back on.