Photo

K Models

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 farmallzach

farmallzach

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:31 AM

Could any one tell me if the Hoods would be interchangeable between a K-6 and a KB-8 or what the differences would be? I am restoring a 1948 KB-8 that was bought new by the Southern Pacific Railroad and My hood is in rather tough shape and I have located a K6 for parts, also would the cab be the same? Such as gauges and interior pieces? Thanks!

#2 Harold H

Harold H

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

The cabs and interiors should be the same on the K/KB-6 and K/KB-8. I think the hood is bigger on the 8 but I could be mistaken. You will just have to measure.

Harold H

#3 farmallzach

farmallzach

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:01 PM

Thanks.

#4 Andy Wright

Andy Wright

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:40 PM

The 6 and the 7 are interchangeable but I've never seen any reference to the 6 being the same as the 8. Haven't seen an 8 in the flesh so certainly not an expert - always had the impression the hood was longer though. Would love to see some photos of your 8 if you have the time.

#5 farmallzach

farmallzach

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

I'll take some when I get a chance, It's a 1948, single axle tractor with a 4 speed main box, 3 speed auxillary transmission from the factory, it's a really fun truck to drive, I am looking for a few things for it, a gas tank for one, and I currently have the water pump off from it trying to find a different one or a rebuild kit for it. I believe it has a 401 Red Diamond in it. It runs really good, I also have an ellison manifold and a twin carburator set up that came with the truck that I do not have on it at this time. I can not imagine what the gas consumption would possibly be.

#6 bedrock

bedrock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

a KB-8 is larger & longer frontend, KB-6,7,8 share the same cab, but a KB-6 & 7 has narrower grill, shorter hood,
you can quickly tell by counting the grill strips, KB-6 & 7 has more strips & they are thinner, KB-8 has less & they are thicker,
fenders are also different as well,