clay neubauer

Vintage Ads

Recommended Posts

Yes, the Diesel info is in the same brochure.  BK

scan0013.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/01/2018 at 6:19 AM, Loadstar said:

Starting off the new year right by posting a good old International ad. The lineup of tractors from 1958  here. 

 

58 IH tractors 2.jpg

Canadian issued brochure, it mentions the B-250 which I don;t believe was sold in the US. I assume that the 330 was sold a the gasoline alternative to the B-250 diesel 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michael Halsall said:

Canadian issued brochure, it mentions the B-250 which I don;t believe was sold in the US. I assume that the 330 was sold a the gasoline alternative to the B-250 diesel 

Interest to compare the Canadian range with the Australian range. In Australia, of all the models listed above, we only imported the Farmall 130 HC, the International 650 Diesel and the B-250 diesel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, George 2 said:

Yes, I met Barry Baxter once when I went down to Brantford to buy a Farmall 450 from him back in the mid 1970's. But I wasn't fast enough. It was sold a few hours before I got there. But it was a nice trip thru that part of Ontario in the summertime and saw a lot of tobacco growing back then. I am more familiar with the Glencoe, Rodney, Bothwell and Ridgetown areas since that is where my in laws live. I gather you live further east in the Aylmer to Norwich area.

Barry is was a really good guy and so is Bruce.  I saw Barry at a toy auction 1 1/2 years ago buying IH toys!  I am right on the Brant/ Oxford County lines in Brant County- north east of your calculated guess !

 

 

orchard.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hillman said:

Barry is was a really good guy and so is Bruce.  I saw Barry at a toy auction 1 1/2 years ago buying IH toys!  I am right on the Brant/ Oxford County lines in Brant County- north east of your calculated guess !

 

 

orchard.jpg

First one of these brochures I've seen. I assume there must have brochures for the Rice Field Specials too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Michael Halsall said:

Canadian issued brochure, it mentions the B-250 which I don;t believe was sold in the US. I assume that the 330 was sold a the gasoline alternative to the B-250 diesel 

The B250 was not sold in the USA. The B275 and B414 were sold in the USA. The B250 was not power equivalent to the 330. The 330 had 35 PTO HP. The B250 had 28 PTO HP. The Farmall 230 also had 28 PTO HP. The B414 at 36 PTO HP was equivalent to the 330, 340, 404, 424, 434 in PTO HP. The 504 at 46 PTO HP was a bit larger but built on the same chassis as the 330, 340.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Rice brochure is very nice and I will look for one.

This McCormick Deering brochure is Canadian and it gives equal billing to the W Series as compared to the Farmall line. From what I am told and what I see the W Series was promoted a little more in Canada than the USA

 

mcd.jpg

mcdw6.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hillman said:

That Rice brochure is very nice and I will look for one.

This McCormick Deering brochure is Canadian and it gives equal billing to the W Series as compared to the Farmall line. From what I am told and what I see the W Series was promoted a little more in Canada than the USA

 

Yes, the W series tractors were really popular here. You will still see the occasional one show up at a farm auction sale. Here is a 1955 ad showing a couple of satisfied Saskatchewan farmer customers praising their WD 9 and 6. 

55 McCormick Tractors small.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Loadstar said:

Yes, the W series tractors were really popular here. You will still see the occasional one show up at a farm auction sale. Here is a 1955 ad showing a couple of satisfied Saskatchewan farmer customers praising their WD 9 and 6. 

55 McCormick Tractors small.jpg

 

11 minutes ago, Loadstar said:

Yes, the W series tractors were really popular here. You will still see the occasional one show up at a farm auction sale. Here is a 1955 ad showing a couple of satisfied Saskatchewan farmer customers praising their WD 9 and 6. 

55 McCormick Tractors small.jpg

Ditto Australia and New Zealand. With our focus on wheat rather than corn the W Series was generally more common than the Farmall tractors, particularly the W-6. The first tractor IH built in Australia was a W-6 in 1948. The Farmall M followed later. The most common Letter Series Farmall in Australia seems to be the Farmall A which was promoted as heavily by IH Australia.

The Australian built Super AW-6, AWD-6 like the British Super BW-6, BWD-6 (sold in New Zealand) were offered with optional three point hitch and in their respective markets were sold as large general purpose tractors rather than just "wheatlanders"

Regards from Michael H.B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IH sure build did Super W6 with LP gas.  Here pictures to prove it,  info comes from parts manual & Guy Fay letter series book.

IMG_1208.JPG

IMG_1210.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, George 2 said:

The B250 was not sold in the USA. The B275 and B414 were sold in the USA. The B250 was not power equivalent to the 330. The 330 had 35 PTO HP. The B250 had 28 PTO HP. The Farmall 230 also had 28 PTO HP. The B414 at 36 PTO HP was equivalent to the 330, 340, 404, 424, 434 in PTO HP. The 504 at 46 PTO HP was a bit larger but built on the same chassis as the 330, 340.

Thanks for the information. The above mentioned US built 330, 340, 404 & 504 utility tractors are all a bit of a mystery to me as none were sold in Australia. The commonality of the chassis makes sense and links together these models. The 424 (USA) and the 434 (UK) are both straight forward updates of the original British B-414. The Australian update of the B-414 was the A-414

Regards from Michael H.B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, redturbo said:

IMG_1211.JPG

IMG_1229.JPG

I have read that LPG was very much a "regional" thing, popular in some states and and rare in others. I have seen a photo of Super M-TA LPG tractor so at least there was a Farmall version built in 1954

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/01/2018 at 2:34 PM, George 2 said:

That is rare. It is the fall 1940 issue. I have a similar issue with the W4, W6, W9, WD9 all together in the brochure. It is interesting that the WD6 was not included in it. Perhaps the WD6 was not released until the following spring. Note the 24 inch rear wheels. Later units (after the war?) had the 26 inch wheels.

The first W-4 was BUILT in February 1940.

The first W-6 & WD-6 were both built in May 1940.

The first W-9 & WD-9 were both built in December 1940 according to Guy Fay's "Data Book"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huber Brothers of WI had a Super W6 lp gas @ RPRU 2016.  Beautifully restored tractor!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my pic of the Huber Bros Super W-6 LPG.  BK

IMGP4924.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is from Agricultural Engineering magazine 1941

wd6comp.jpg

md6comp2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 6:48 PM, hillman said:

That Rice brochure is very nice and I will look for one.

This McCormick Deering brochure is Canadian and it gives equal billing to the W Series as compared to the Farmall line. From what I am told and what I see the W Series was promoted a little more in Canada than the USA

 

mcd.jpg

mcdw6.jpg

Hillman: Can you check to se what year that brochure was published in. I have the same brochure but it shows the new Farmall tractors and the old 10-20, W-30, and W-40 standard tractors. The lower left corner has about one half inch torn off it but what I see is xxx165-DD 3-7. The suffix DD gives the year and I suspect this is  a spring 1940 edition since the new Farmalls are shown but still show the old standard tractors. Does yours have the EE (1941) or FF (1942) suffix's? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That makes sense George since the Farmalls came out 1 year before the W Series mine is a EE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a few brochures with W Series on the cover rather than a Farmall .it is much more common to see Farmalls in IH farm literature

 

BINDER.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m new to the forum so I thought I would post some ads on this thread. I don’t have as many as some of you guys but I’ll add to this a little at least.

The two pictures are from a Successful Farming Magazine issue from August of 1980.

C30A7016-171D-46CD-97FC-00C7A33A5B5F.jpeg

C1D9E871-8260-4AA8-88DA-41D7FBFDC50A.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, hillman said:

I have a few brochures with W Series on the cover rather than a Farmall .it is much more common to see Farmalls in IH farm literature

 

BINDER.jpg

Great brochure.  BK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Red Power Sweepstakes.  BK

img20170222_15083768.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

heres another BK

 

 

 

sw6baler.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now